Suggestions? Help getting back in?

AndalTheManhunter

Hey everybody, I havent done Morrowind in a long time. Obviously I will be looking at the top rated mods first, but I was wondering if anyone had a list of their favorite or must have mods.

The thing at the top of my list is lore and keeping things true to the vanilla game. I want to enrich my experience without making the game something its not. In the past I remember using MCA (Morrowind Comes Alive) and what I found there was just way too many things that were game breaking. From top level gear on common bandits to factions and characters that were so far out of bounds with the lore and environment that just ruined everything.

The basic logic I want to follow is: 'if this were a real world, does this mod make sense?' I need to believe that what im working with is real, at least when it comes to Elder Scrolls lore.

I keep coming back to Morrowind over and over through the years because its simplicity is really what makes it the better game of the series. I dont need fancy graphics, I just need a good story and a well grounded environment, I feel like this one is better than Skyrim honestly...