Vortex Overcomplicated

Neuri

Hey Guys,

I've been playing Bethesda games since, :pinch: Daggerfall,

I've been modding my games since Morrowind, using various different Mod organisers.

I stuck with NMM as it was simple and easy to work with.

Now arrives Vortex. WTF are you guys playing at? I'm not tech savvy. I was once a front-end programmer and good at my job as I could determine how much a casual user could assimilate, before phasing out. What you've created here is a MONSTER. Nomal players do not need more than half the information you are providing them. I can't even work out how to disable vortex downloading mods even though I'm using the old NMM.

You really need to address this issue or you are gonna loose lots of people looking to a uncomplicated Mod Manager.

If you tie your Mod Manager to your site you are gonna loose lots of people.

I supported you becoming a Premier Member, please don't let me down, otherwise my footfalls will be nowhere near your site and my vocal accolate will be against this site.

Get a grip, not of your "tool" :rolleyes: but the functionality.

Hugs and kisses,

Neuri

Hey Guys,

I've been playing Bethesda games since, :pinch: Daggerfall,

I've been modding my games since Morrowind, using various different Mod organisers.

I stuck with NMM as it was simple and easy to work with.

Now arrives Vortex. WTF are you guys playing at? I'm not tech savvy. I was once a front-end programmer and good at my job as I could determine how much a casual user could assimilate, before phasing out. What you've created here is a MONSTER. Nomal players do not need more than half the information you are providing them. I can't even work out how to disable vortex downloading mods even though I'm using the old NMM.

You really need to address this issue or you are gonna loose lots of people looking to a uncomplicated Mod Manager.

If you tie your Mod Manager to your site you are gonna loose lots of people.

I supported you becoming a Premier Member, please don't let me down, otherwise my footfalls will be nowhere near your site and my vocal accolate will be against this site.

Get a grip, not of your "tool" :rolleyes: but the functionality.

Hugs and kisses,

Neuri

*lose, not 'loose'

Also, I doubt you're speaking for more people than just 'you'

Vortex is quite easy to use if you watch a couple of tutorials, which I know you didn't bother to do, because if you had read the knowledge base, and watched a couple of tutorials you'd know just how powerful Vortex actually is, and you'd quickly understand that NMM didn't do much in the way of "Mod Management"

Having your load order automatically sorted, eliminates all of that nonsensical and uneeded micromanaging of the ESPs, like in NMM.

Having the ability to set the Load Priorty of Meshes, Textures, Ba2s and BSAs, is Vortex's strength.

With NMM, when installing texture mods, you had to install them in the correct order in order to overwrite the correct textures and meshes, and if you screwed up, you had to uninstall those mods, and reinstall them all over again in a different order.

With Vortex, you simply install those Texture mods, in any order, then you tell vortex to load one mod BEFORE the other texture mod, in order to have it's textures overwrriten.

If it turns out you made the wrong choice, all you need to do is tell Vortex to load that mod AFTER the other mod, and Vortex automatically restores all of the overwritten files and then overwrites the proper files.

So, feel free to use NMM, if you like not knowing which mods are conflicting, or which textures/meshes etc are overwritten or underwritten.

People claim tat NMM is better because it doesn't DO anything, and doesn't Warn you of any problems, it sits back and lets you make the worst possible load order imaginable.

To each their own.

You can download the latest version of NMM at Github, there's no point in continuing this, as these "Nexus, I speak for trillions of users when I say I don't like Vortex because it's too hard to use, (mainly because I didn't bother reading the knowledge base or watching any tutorial videos) and you need to go back to NMM because I know because I'm a expert" threads never go well.

Hey Guys,

I can't even work out how to disable vortex downloading mods even though I'm using the old NMM.

Wow...

As a front end programmer, you've never heard of a "SETTINGS" menu?

Something that every program I've ever used, has?

Where SETTINGS for a program are changed, such as, Disabling Vortex Downloading Mods for instance?

I have to point out: neither Vortex nor NMM "download mods". You click Download on Nexusmods, and the web service sends down a .nxm file containing the download information.

Whatever program on your system has registered with Windows to handle .nxm files gets it. That would be NMM, Vortex, or maybe one you write yourself.

I hate to be telling a software developer that. Although maybe you were not working in Windows.

I certainly recommend you specifically stick with NMM since you are happy with it. NMM is still available.

@Beer Ambassador

Keep chugging your beers, Mr. Ambassador, from your reply, it's about all you're good for.

In no way have you been constructive in your reply. All you have done is procrastinate you're technical jargon in the hope for dismissing the query.

When I phone up a service provider, which to all intent and purposes, this forum is. I would hope, not expect, a coherent reply, which in MY opinion you have not given.

You have failed in your duty to provide.

If you cannot further this enquiry without a sales pitch, please defer to someone than can.

@Beer Ambassador

Keep chugging your beers, Mr. Ambassador, from your reply, it's about all you're good for.

In no way have you been constructive in your reply. All you have done is procrastinate you're technical jargon in the hope for dismissing the query.

When I phone up a service provider, which to all intent and purposes, this forum is. I would hope, not expect, a coherent reply, which in MY opinion you have not given.

You have failed in your duty to provide.

If you cannot further this enquiry without a sales pitch, please defer to someone than can.

I don't think you know what "procrastinate" means

Also, I gave a coherent reply to your Passive-Aggressive threatening post about the Nexus losing subscribers.

Your post was in no way, an "Inquiry", your problem was just included on a list of things you were complaining about without ever making it clear you were asking a question.

If you had asked using a QUESTION, I would've answered.

The only legitimate question in your OP was "WTF are you playing at?"

The rest was just veiled threats that you would withdraw your paid subscription, along with more threats.

Anyway, I just spent some time explaining to you how much more powerful Vortex is than NMM.

You can't seem to even figure out how to change the NXM setting in Vortex and NMM

So, it's a good idea for you to stick with NMM

ANyway

TURN OFF NXM LINKS IN VORTEX

Turn that little switch OFF, next to the word "HANDLE"

Vortex-NXM-Setting.jpg

NEXT, in NMM, First UPDATE NMM, Version 0.65.2 CANNOT connect to the Nexus anymore.

You need to upgrade it to 0.65.11 from the Link I gave you.

Install the Updated NMM

Then, Run NMM as Administrator

And CHECK THIS BOX.

Vortex-NMM-NXM.jpg

I will add: Nexusmods has no idea what mod manager you are using. When it says Download with Vortex, those are just letters on a key. Beats saying Download with Fred.

Could be Vortex, MO, NMM, or your own. Nexusmods neither knows or cares who gets the package.

@HadToRegister

If you're gonna argue about Semantics in your first sentence, then, sorry, I do not want to converse with you further. Please desist. Further communication will be viewed as aggressive and abusive and will be reported.