SKSE saves crashing at variable times (Modded)

RogueKnight24

Hello people, sorry to bother by posting yet another issue with a modded Skyrim, but it's been a while since I actually modded it and there are now an increasing amount of saves I have to delete because I did something or something happened which ended up in a CTD while loading them.

Tech stuff and logs first:

• CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz
  • RAM:16 GB
  • GPU: Radeon RX-480
  • Hard Drive Space: 46.2 GB/482 GB

Skyrim Info:

• Install Location: Q:\Games Ultra\The Elder Scrolls - Skyrim - Special Edition (corny name, but it's where I store the heaviest and most modded games)
  • SkyrimSE v1.5.62.0, SKSE v0.2.0.12 (file information)
  • DLCs: Dwanguard, Hearthfire, Dragonborn
  • Using ModOrganizer v2.1.6
  • Using LOOT 0.14.2.0, SSEEdit 4.0.1.0, WryeBash 304.2018.0704.0057 (file information)[/size]

Mods Info:

LOOT Log: If I understood correctly, I should be posting a debug log here. Well, this is all that was in it...

[13:27:04.553001] [warning]: "Bashed Patch, 0.esp" has a header version of 0.94, which is less than the game's minimum supported header version of 1.7.
[13:27:15.883001] [warning]: "Bashed Patch, 0.esp" has a header version of 0.94, which is less than the game's minimum supported header version of 1.7.
[13:28:43.254001] [warning]: "Bashed Patch, 0.esp" has a header version of 0.94, which is less than the game's minimum supported header version of 1.7.
[13:35:28.723001] [warning]: "Bashed Patch, 0.esp" has a header version of 0.94, which is less than the game's minimum supported header version of 1.7.

And that "bashed patch" appeared while troubleshooting via Wrye Bash, so it hasn't been there all this time.

Modwatch:

https://modwat.ch/u/RogueKnight24/plugins

Latest Papyrus Log 0 (attached to post)

The issue:

Long story short, game crashes for no apparent reason or unique cause while loading saves, often being forced to go through several saves before finding one that was "clean" and would load. I made a backup of my saves the first time around and proceeded to strip out mods systematically trying not to touch anything script-heavy or that would surely cause a crash, without success. Rare nowadays is for my game to crash during actual gameplay, and usually its while trying to spawn a large amount of followers using the Leader's Teleportation shout from one of the follower mods.

In-game details:

Previously I had posted on Reddit trying to fix the first (real) issue that cropped up. Trying to make an epic scene / RP moment, I stationed about 15 different followers around the entrance to Whiterun in anticipation to the Stormcloaks trying to take the city. All was going well until I decide to reload because all the whiterun guards had turned hostile due to friendly fire (I blame the mages), so I load up just as I'm walking out the gates and it crashes. No real explanation, it was loading and it just crashed, not even a BEX error.

Through trial and error I realize the game refused to load anything beyond the point where I talked to Balgruuf and started the quest. The quest itself was bugged for some reason, so I let it be for a while, disappointed I was apparently not going to finish the Civil War questline.

Last week I casually opened up the game, ran around exploring the southeast of Solitude for a while, ran into one of the hunter NPCs from Dunstad Grove (Skyrim Frontier Fortresses mod) and manage to avoid any bloodshed. I enter, explore the town and decide to explore one of the orc strongholds near Darklight tower and play along with the little scene of the giant killing off some orc warriors. At this point I save, call it a day, and when I open it up the following morning I get a CTD as it's loading.

I guess that the only thing out of the ordinary was exploring and interacting with stuff in the same cell Dunstad Grove is, so I reload to a previous save and don't even go near it. Yesterday I make the rounds to buy soul gems and stuff from the merchants, saving, quitting and reloading to check what's been causing it and I found that whenever I was at the Windhelm Stables, saving while facing west would cause the game to crash.

I had seen a similar post, but it was for the base Skyrim in 2014 and I didn't find any of the files the OP mentioned that they deleted to fix the issue. Facing east allowed the game to load, at least, and I walked into Windhelm to see if I could narrow down the latest problem.

I enter to find a Dragon Assault (KSDO) and try to clear out the town as quickly as possible. At some point, the Windhelm guards turn on me (again, friendly fire I think) so I reload to just after entering the town but before the battle breaks out, only to get the same thing: CTD while loading the save.

I came across this post which sounded interesting, but my Papyrus log shows none of the indicators marked (by the OP on the first page). I assume it's because it's a crash during load and not during actual gameplay.

So, I think that's about it. Sorry if the post is really long, but between classes, work and continuous failure in fixing such a quirky, yet game-breaking issue my nerves are beyond frayed and I'd appreciate any sort of help at all. If I missed any info (or anyone needs more) please let me know and I'll try to post it ASAP.

• 4 weeks later...

Hard to say, might be an issue with low memory that causes crashes. Trying CrashFixPlugin and follow the steps to enable custom memory allocators as well as the reportcrashlog thingy so you can get a better understanding of what is crashing your game. It'll write CTDs to CrashFixPluginLog in your SKSE/Plugin folder which'll need to be dragged outta the overwrite folder into (preferably) SKSEoutputs.

Also post your load order, or whether or not you used LOOT to sort your plugins (bad idea). Use Wyrebash to manually adjust plugins so they'll work properly. Then use the Bashpatch (simply click the bashpatch and "rebuild patch", viola) if you have mods that give NPCs weapons and armor.

Aside from that, have you been installing/uninstalling mods during gameplay? Skyrim hates that with a passion.

Thanks for the reply, I thought posting the ModWatch was enough, but here's everything enabled on my SKSE:

"0004","(Part 1) Engine Fixes 3.03 for SSE 1.5.62 - skse64 plugin"
"0040","1K - Farmhouse"
"0041","1K - High Hrothgar"
"0042","1K - Landscape"
"0043","1K - Markarth"
"0044","1K - Mines"
"0045","1K - Mountains"
"0046","1K - Riften"
"0047","1K - Roads"
"0048","1K - Solitude"
"0049","1K - Windhelm"
"0050","1K Whiterun"
"0080","360 Walk and Run Plus"
"0094","A Follower Pack SSE.7z"
"0037","A Quality World Map"
"0033","Aesthetic Mods_separator"
"0088","Audio Overhaul for Skyrim SE"
"0090","Audio Overhaul for Skyrim SE (EBT)"
"0089","Audio Overhaul for Skyrim SE (Immersive Weapons)"
"0091","Audio Overhaul for Skyrim SE (NAT)"
"0078","Bandolier - Bags and Pouches Classic"
"0064","Beards - 2K Resolution"
"0021","Beasts of Tamriel 5.2.1 Alpha"
"0018","Bells of Skyrim"
"0056","BellyAches HD Dragon Replacer 1.4"
"0103","Better Wedding Guests"
"0051","Book Covers Skyrim SE - Desaturated.7z"
"0077","Cloaks of Skyrim SSE"
"0083","Common Clothes (by FranklinZunge for SSE)"
"0009","Companions and Followers Essential SE"
"0026","DARinSE 1 0 StandingBreathOption"
"0036","DigitigradeKhajiit ArgonianRaptor"
"0024","Diverse Dragons Collection SE"
"0003","DLC: Dawnguard"
"0002","DLC: Dragonborn"
"0001","DLC: HearthFires"
"0087","Dragon Stalking Fix"
"0099","DragonAnimationReplace inSE"
"0035","Enhanced Blood Textures"
"0075","ETHEREAL COSMOS - Special Edition"
"0076","ETHEREAL COSMOS - Special Edition - Vivid"
"0008","Extensible Follower Framework v4"
"0093","Extra Blades SSE"
"0092","Extra Blades SSE (SkyHaven)"
"0065","Final Loaders_separator"
"0061","Freckles and Rough skin Complexion Retex"
"0062","Freckles for Men (Rough skin)"
"0058","HairsBeastRace - Extended Plus.esp"
"0060","Hallgarth's Additional (Vanilla) Hair SE"
"0032","Hearthfire multiple adoptions - Now with custom home support for kids and spouse"
"0081","Holidays"
"0055","Illuminated atronachs"
"0016","Immersive Armors 8.1 SSE Test"
"0019","Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul"
"0100","Immersive Dragons SE"
"0095","Immersive Laundry"
"0017","Immersive Music"
"0101","Immersive Patrols SE"
"0020","Immersive Weapons"
"0073","Improved Eyes Skyrim"
"0074","Improved Eyes Skyrim - Alternate Defaults"
"0015","Interesting NPCs SSE 3.42"
"0025","KS Dragon Overhaul"
"0096","Legendary cities - Tes Arena - Skyrim Frontier Fortress"
"0013","Mid-Load Mods_separator"
"0097","More Informative Console"
"0023","My Home is Your Home"
"0052","NAT Stand Alone - 0.4.2 c"
"0063","Northborn Scars"
"0084","Open Civil War SSE"
"0071","QUASIPC - Qwinn's Unified Automated Self Installing Patch Compendium"
"0029","Race Scale Remover"
"0028","RaceMenu Special Edition"
"0038","Realistic Water Two"
"0030","Relationship Dialogue Overhaul 2 (SE Port, manual)"
"0066","Relationship Dialogue Overhaul SE (AFT)"
"0067","Relationship Dialogue Overhaul SE (EFF)"
"0031","Relationship Dialogue Overhaul SE (Patches)"
"0086","RUSTIC CLOTHING - Special Edition"
"0082","ShowRaceMenu Alternative - Latest Version"
"0105","SKSE Scripts"
"0022","Skyfall Estate - Buildable Edition (SE)"
"0039","Skyrim Knights 2018 Edition (Updated)"
"0006","SkyUI 5 2 SE"
"0104","SkyUI SE - Flashing Savegames Fix"
"0057","Smeltdown"
"0072","Standalone EFF Cosmetic Menu"
"0068","Static Mesh Improvement Mod"
"0102","Take Notes - Journal of the Dragonborn SSE (alpha)"
"0069","The Paarthurnax Dilemma"
"0059","TK Children"
"0070","TK Dodge SE"
"0054","Total Character Makeover"
"0007","UIExtensions"
"0011","Ultimate Combat SE"
"0000","Unmanaged: Bashed Patch, 0"
"0012","Unofficial Skyrim SE Fixes"
"0005","Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch"
"0034","Weapons Armor Clothing and Clutter Fixes"
"0085","Windstad Mine - Skyrim Special Edition"
"0079","Winter Is Coming SSE - Cloaks"

I have an Engine Fix for SKSE, I had no idea there was another plugin. I assume they're compatible?

I've sorted the load order myself by carefully going over each author's post and the comments on it, then tweaking the order to make it compatible with other mods.
I've heard people say they merge mods with Wyrebash, but I haven't tried it out since several are in a specific order
Yes, I have, however I checked if it would seriously compromise my save, made backups and even backed up the whole game before trying it. It's this that's saved me wiping the slate a few times, in theory there shouldn't be that big of an issue and I'm not sure it'll be any better if I just restarted my gameplay since I still don't know what's causing it.
Edited by RogueKnight24