Why does it seem that there are more Thalmor fans or fans of Elven and Argonian/Khajiit Races as compared to Human Races (100% respectful)

TonyT316

Or why do people tend to be more a fan of Daedra as compared to Aedra? I personally like the Aedra better and as for the Empire I think it would be sad if a non human dynasty took over. Also why do I seem to find sometimes quite often that people prefer the Thalmor to the Stormcloaks or even to the Empire?

EDIT: I am not saying that people are wrong for having their favorite factions or for even liking the Thalmor, I just do not see why some people treat it as canon that elves are good and humans plus Tiber Septim are evil instead of fans being able to say that neither side is good nor evil.

Edited by TonyT316

I highly doubt that is the case. Human or Humanized Elves are the overwhelming choice across most of the RPG genre simply for cosmetics. WOW Blood elves came to pass because players demanded a "pretty" elf option for Horde.

I would bet that most who play elves here don't use the Vanilla models and instead are basically humans with pointed ears.

I would also bet that the Argonian choice is dead last in popularity. In all mmo/rpg games I play beast races are consistently the least chosen.

You really cannot be a Thalmor in game anyway, it's a moot point.

I don't do Daedra quests, and I certainly have no delusion of Elder Scroll elves being universally "good" at all.

Edited by TeofaTsavo

• 1 month later...

Skyrim is set up where being a beast race or not is moot. Every race can become anything in this game, so the only thing that becomes different is what racial bonuses does each race have. All of the Argonian racial bonuses are easily replicated in multiple ways in the game already. Give a Nord (or any other race) a Necklace of Waterbreathing and you have eliminated arguably the one racial defining feature of the Argonian - and that necklace can be had in the earliest levels of the game.

I guarantee you if the Argonian had +25% Resist Magic like the Breton, people would be tripping over themselves creating Argonian characters - just like they do Bretons. They'd come up with all sorts of roleplaying angles to justify the selection.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Who the hell Plays as a high elf? like ew :down: not only are they woefully gimped by there racial traits but they're also complete stuck up jack asses. oh they can live for Hundreds of years..woo hoo, Breton FTW

nah mate, Bosmer FTW

Hmm...it was mostly trolling what I saw in your link. A little funny too. Others were just voicing their theories on TES lore.

I don't really see any of it as representative of...anything...