mod managers

itskitt

I am new to dragon age inquisition and i see a lot of mods out there but my question is what program is the current program for adding mods to the game. I saw videos that say to use dai mod manager but I saw that it says abandoned. and a lot of the videos on how to do it are all from like 2017 or older. so what is the 2019 way of applying mods to the game?

The game hasn't changed since 2015 so only the really ancient mods made for patch 6 and earlier are likely to give you any problems, and even a few of them still work just fine. If in doubt, always read the comments section.

As for which mod manager to use...well, it depends. A lot of modders have provided versions of their mods for the newer modding tool Frosty. And many provide both. The older Mod Manager still has a larger range of native mods available for it and it supports configurable mods which Frosty does not (and unlikely it will anytime soon). On the other hand, Frosty is better at handling some texture editing and some other issues such as body swapping. There are a lot of mods that work just fine and will probably never get ported to Frosty because the modding scene is a lot quieter these days.

So your best bet is to look on the Nexus at the type of mods you are interested in using and then decide which modding tool you want to use. It is possible, though unsupported and a little complicated, to use both methods. Basically, install your older .daimod files 1st (that's the extension for the Mod Manager mods) and then launch the game with Frosty and your Frosty mods. It's more error prone. For more info, join the DAI modding Discord. https://discord.gg/wzJG7Mq