Hak/Placeable troubles.

PhalanxX

Alright, so I've been trying to implement this mod

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2PrefabPlaceables.Detail&id=53

With varying degrees of success. What I did was add the necessary paths for the placeables/doortypes.2da included there and merged it with my own, I know I did this part just fine because the appearances are there in the drop down list in a blueprint's properties. What irks me is the actual mdb/dds files. Now, if you follow the link you'll learn this is an older mod that uses overrides to add the new content in. I don't want to use overrides for the placeables, so I just put all of the mdb/dds files into a new custom .hak file, put that in my hak folder and included it in my module. But it doesn't work, the placeables are invisible in the toolset window.

Now here's the odd part; when placing the same exact mdb/dds files into my override folder instead, it works perfectly. I don't understand what I did wrong; they're the same files, the hak file is in my hak folder, and I've included the hak file that's in my hak folder into the module through module properties.

Why does it only work when I place the mdb/dds files into the override folder? Shouldn't this achieve the same exact thing?

There are two hak folders, and there can be three if you use the -home startup option. Your file should be in the folder in your Documents folder, not the program files folder.

Your 2DA file should be in the same custom hak file as the models. Is that the case?

Yep, they're both in the "my documents" NWN2 hak sub folder. Everything else imports just fine the same method, and I feel like I have a thorough understanding of how these things work now which is why this issue puzzles me. See, here's the thing;

I removed the files from my override, placed some "invisible" placeables in the toolset (or so they would appear) but I included the hak pack through module properties regardless. The placeables show up fine when i test it in game, but they still don't show up in the editor. The good news is that, while I'll have to include the files in the override for building purposes, is that it won't affect any players playing the module in anyway or hinder me in any other way. At this point, it's no more an issue than it is a curiosity since I'm learning the toolset and I'm wondering what causes an issue like this.

Well, if anyone else has an idea, I hope they speak up. The only other thing I might check is if you have multiple hak files attached to the module, and more than one of them contains a placeables.2da file.

As for myself, since I'm doing a campaign, I have all my models and such in my campaign folder instead of in a hak or in override.