Toolset is lagging, any fix for this?

Cluas

Hi all NWN fans and builders. :biggrin:

I've got this problem in the toolset. I've looked all over the bio forums, but no answers there.

It happens when i open up the "properties" window on a door. It takes minutes, before the window pops up.

The toolset is working fine, i just hate to sit and wait over a minute to open a window.

I just wondered if anyone has got a solution to this...

I'm running Windows7. I did try to change the compatibility mode, didn't work.

I opened up a "clean" mod with no hak's and no custom palettes. I only made a single area and a single door, and hoped to see the lag gone, but it was still there.

I am sure you guys know about this lag, but is there any solution at all ??

Cheers

I haven't got a clue why this would be happening but this might be a solution.. Does it happen when the properties window is already open if not then remember to open it and leave it on before selecting a door.

I'm sorry Tsongo, i don't know what you mean? The properties window in the toolset cannot be left open. I have to select a door, then right click, or use the menu, to get the window to open. This is where i get the lag. And then i have to close the window to do anything else.

Perhaps you thought of NWN2 toolset ?

In the electron toolset, things are better organized, and the properties "window" or "tab" is open all the time.

But thank you Tsongo for taking the time to answer my questions - I didn't really expect any answers or any magical solution.

So for now I will just have to edit the few doors i've got left, and live with the lag. It's not a big deal really ( ...but we all hate to sit and wait, right?)

:thumbsup: