[LE] Nifskope Texturing Help

I was just wondering, how do you use the Dwemer textures used on the doors, pipes, boilers, etc. in the vanilla game and not have the texture itself look like a five-year-old's painting? How do you choose specific parts of the texture for use? I would like to use some of the Dwarven textures for a mesh I built.

Edited by Guest

All textures look like that in Nifskope, also don't forget to assign the "normal" maps.

To assign specific part of the texture you need first :

1) Your nif must have UV set for each part you want to add different textures, for example : If you have a box and you want the top to have different texture from its sides, then you need a UV set for the top and a UV set for the sides.

UV set are assign - made in the 3d programm you make your mesh.

2) To edit the textures to each UV set you right click on the part of the mesh you want and choose texture > edit UV set, from there you move - grow the size of the UV.

Edited by maxarturo

Thank you so much. I provided a link to a picture of a the mesh I'm working on because I was also wondering how to fix the selection box in the creation kit for the mesh I've been working on. Is there a way to make the box fit around the mesh nicely or is it just the way it is? Also, how do you change the default sive of the object? The larger is the default size and the other is the side I want it to be. Any way of fixing that?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/zqGx09mK6M6ws7qgEUPGU8E9on0uWPEgjsHbZeph_-Q8_7MJHVoHUSH8wBfRrqbcrNBYQQc=s128

The link you provide is a thumbnail, i can't see anything, way too small.

" how to fix the selection box in the creation kit for the mesh I've been working on. Is there a way to make the box fit around the mesh nicely or is it just the way it is? "

I don't quite understand what you are saying...

To change the size of an object : double click it to open the "Reference Window" and on the left down side there is an option - SCALE

* Keep in mind that, the more you scale an object the more its texture straches, the more it straches the uglyer it looks in game.

To attach an image you first upload it to an "Image Hoster" then you use BBCode in your post.

1) Upload the image to an "image hoster".

copy the BBcode given or the image address.
2) To add the image to your post you use BBcode (the same as with SPOILERS).
Embedded Images
Syntax: [ img]http://... YOUR IMAGE ADDRESS..... .jpg[/img ]
Aligned Images
Syntax: [ img=right]http://... YOUR IMAGE ADDRESS... .jpg[/img ]
* Remove space from the start & end of each [ ] in img
* Use only image extensions that Nexus can support, like .jpg
I don't remember all the extensions supported.
Edited by maxarturo

When I say the selection box, I mean the cube that appears when you select something in the creation kit. I'm not sure why it isn't nice and close to the light fixture depicted in the the picture I provided a link to in the post above at Google Photos. If you have any idea how to fix it that would be greatly appreciated, because it is really starting to bug me when I see it every time I open my mod. is there a way to change the default size other than just copying and pasting, so i don't have to scale it down every single time I drag it into the render window?

Edited by Guest

I don't have a google account and i don't intend on creating one or giving my phone number.

You can not change that in CK "selection box".

You can change the default size of an object but you will be tangling with complex things, the mesh is tightly connected with its collision and by changing the mesh size you'll need to change also the size of the collision to always match the mesh, and this is something that can't instract you to do through written. This requires well knowledge of 3d programs and Nifskope.

Edited by maxarturo