Quest refresh rate?

Hello!

I'm coming from NV modding and I must've been spoiled with options that NV modding offers.

Is there a way to make a specific quest refresh more often than it is by default?
I'm using an event to change some game setting to a specific value so I need it changed back to default as soon as possible and default quest refresh rate is way to slow.

I know that fQuestScriptDelayTime exists in ini file, but I don't wanna change quest refresh rate of the whole game.

If such thing is possible or if I missed such option in Quest window, I'd really like to know.

Thanks in advance!

You can use fQuestDelayTime per quest.

Declare it as a float in the quest script, then set it to whatever value you want.

scn scriptname

float fQuestDelayTime

Begin GameMode

if fQuestDelayTime != 0.1
    set fQuestDelayTime to 0.1
endIf

End

Well, first off, it's not the quest refresh rate you're searching for. Quests don't refresh. They have stages, and those can advance or go back, but the quests themselves don't "refresh".

What you mean is the delay between execution of a quest's "script", if one is defined.

Object scripts' GameMode and MenuMode blocks are executed every frame. Spell scripts a little differently, depending on the block type. And what you're after, Quest scripts' GameMode and MenuMode blocks, are executed after a certain delay, which by default I think is every 5 seconds.

This wiki page will help you out, but what you seek is the special variable "fQuestDelayTime" (which still needs to be declared though).

edit: Ninja'd by laulajatar, while I was typing my as usual more lengthy response. :sweat: