Could not find parent node for..

Predatorsgod

I made a mesh, some armor, and well.. I am pretty new at it. When I opened up the CS it said that it couldn't find the parent node data for the mesh in question. What is parent node data? How do I add it?

I looked around, but I haven't found one clip of instructions to explain to me how to do it. I catch onto things pretty fast, so if anyone could give me some instructions as to how to add parent node data to a mesh and what parent node data is, I will be thankful, as well as there being that many more new, good quality meshes floating around.

P.S. If you see any other improvements I can make to the mesh, I'd love to know(The top armor-ish part I added on from the BlackLuster mod.)

I'm not too sure with blender, but this would probably be an import/export problem. Your screenshot doesn't have any bone nodes showing, so you probably didn't import it right. You should probably look for a guide on weighting for blender for oblivion to better explain what you need to do. Even though you may not be adjusting any weights yourself, through the course of a guide covering that it is bound to mention exactly what sort of import/export settings or additional tweaks are needed to make it work in game.

I'm not too sure with blender, but this would probably be an import/export problem. Your screenshot doesn't have any bone nodes showing, so you probably didn't import it right. You should probably look for a guide on weighting for blender for oblivion to better explain what you need to do. Even though you may not be adjusting any weights yourself, through the course of a guide covering that it is bound to mention exactly what sort of import/export settings or additional tweaks are needed to make it work in game.

I checked, and have the corrent import/export settings. I don't have any bone nodes though, you're right about that. Which is the exact problem.

I don't know what bone nodes are, or how to add/use them. I looked for some tutorial, but came up empty handed.

Archived