[Mod Request] Changing combat arts on the fly, without pausing the game (just as we can with prosthetics)

goaskalice00

So, I'm loving Sekiro (A LOT). That said, I desperately wish combat arts could be swapped without pausing the game. I think the gameplay variety suffers greatly due to the current swapping system. There's no real purpose - its not like you can only change them at idols. You can switch whenever, but to do so you have to enter two menus.

Who wants to interrupt gameplay by entering two menus? But also, who wants to use the same combat art over, and over, and over again?

In short, I wish we could swap combat arts with a dedicated button, just as we can with prosthetic tools. It would add so much more variety to the gameplay, as you could experiment with different tactics without stopping the flow of the game.

Is it possible to mod this into the game? To dedicate a button (perhaps the d-pad's down button) to swapping combat arts without pausing the game?

I would like something similar but I would love to go further. I would like the ability to actually bind 3-4 arts to specific keys so they can be combo'd together. Say hitting E or some combination of controller buttons does senpou punches and Q/another combination does nightjar reversal.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been wanting this for the longest time as well. I was thinking maybe something like L1 + triangle to switch to a different combat art, and L1 + square for ninjutsu. Say you get three different slots for combat arts and ninjutsu (which would mean everything), just like prosthetics. And then the icons for both can be replaced with a number or something, to indicate which slot is active.

I'm really hoping From patches in this option if we get a DLC, especially the combat art one.