"Your Killing Has Been Observed by Forces Unknown" - Script Also in Locations Unknown

So I've been following A Beginner's Guide on The Construction Set Wiki to help me learn how to mod and I've had no problems throughout until this point. I finished Lesson 5 "Anatomy of a Quest, Part 2" and got started on the "homework" that the page suggested to do. They suggested to go and look at a quest from start to finish to see how the QuestStages switch over, the conditions for the dialogue and the scripts involved. One quest came to mind, A Knife in the Dark. That's the quest where Lucien Lachance first meets you and has you kill Rufio, eventually sending you off to the Dark Brotherhood hideout with the passphrase. I thought this would be a good learning experience because it would be interesting to find out where the script is that notices the player has killed an innocent. I imagined that would be the most difficult part of it all and I was right.

I did the quest chain just to have it fresh in my mind and opened up the construction set. I opened up the quest window first, Dark01Knife, and looked at the first QuestStage, Stage 10. However, I noticed that this was the journal entry after Lucien visits the player. Okay, no problem. I look over at Lucien to see his scripting for a clue or two. Although I can locate the bits that seem to affect Dark01Knife I don't see anything that might point me in the right direction. I did find the greeting he uses initially in GREETING of the Topic tab for the quest which has "SetStage to 10" and sets the Invis to 1 for Lucien's code (which seems to suggest that Lucien's code is called after his greeting, not before). I also tried to find out if it might be in the player's own script but I couldn't find it on my searches both in CS or in any online sources. I also tried looking at the script of the beggar I killed, Simplicia the Slow of the Imperial City Market District, in case the script was on them individually. It wasn't of course. No matter how many searches I did this seems to have never been asked before.

So basically, my issue is that I was wondering if anyone could help me locate where the script is that sets the variable so that the next time the player sleeps in a bed Lucien visits them. If not, I'd be open to any suggestions on where I should look to to follow a quest's path. Sure, the "homework" isn't necessary and I could just look at a different quest but I feel this will be a beneficial learning experience should I find it out.

EDIT: Reordered tags

Edited by IlliterateElf

UPDATE FINAL: I found out where it was. It's a Murderer variable that is set to true after IsPCAMurderer is set to true, a script located in Dark00General. After I found that the quest chain was easy to follow and I finished it. Followed two quests now, so I can't complain. XD