Why is the game launcher destroying everything?!

Blamethegods

Actually, I went back and deployed a mod, which did everything that Augusta Calidia said it would and the same problem persists. I added bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1 to the general section of the Fallout.ini and the same problem persists.

I'm beginning to wonder if Archive Invalidation is the issue here because the meshes that are missing seem to exclusively be from the vanilla game and not the mods.

You may have to insert the missing AI items manually to enable Archive Invalidation. I had to do that once with Fallout NV.

1. Copy the .bsa file found in the Vortex Archive Invalidation folder found in your mod staging folder and paste that file into your game data folder.

2. Copy the .ini tweaks found in the same folder and paste them into the [Archive] section of your "Fallout.ini" file.

Actually, I went back and deployed a mod, which did everything that Augusta Calidia said it would and the same problem persists. I added bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1 to the general section of the Fallout.ini and the same problem persists.

I'm beginning to wonder if Archive Invalidation is the issue here because the meshes that are missing seem to exclusively be from the vanilla game and not the mods.

Did you add those other two lines to the [ARCHIVE] section? Those are important

Well, unfortunately I can't read that tiny mod list you posted in the other thread, but I had no end of trouble with one mod for FONV, called FCO
I never did get it installed correctly, despite all the tutorials and patches, no matter what I did I ended up with NPCS walking around with red exclamation points everywhere.

I finally gave up on it after trying a few dozen times and switched to New Vegas Redesigned

Did you mean verify the integrity of the files?

Because I did and Steam found thirteen (I think) missing files.

After Steam fixed that, the game just would launch in a window instead of full screen and then crash after a few seconds. I reset my computer and now the game works fine and the missing meshes are no longer missing, though it still runs in a window. However, now the Mod Menu is telling me that it can't find NVSE, even though it's there and installed according to instructions. I even reinstalled both NVSE and the Mod Menu and the game still can't find it. The partner mods installed that use NVSE seem to be working fine as well.

This is all so very confusing. First it seemed like archive invalidation was the issue, but apparently some files containing vanilla meshes got deleted when the launcher window came up. Now one rather important mod can't tell that a more important mod is installed.
I'm going to delete the mod menu from Vortex and re-download it. Maybe that'll fix the issue.