Why is the game launcher destroying everything?!

Blamethegods

Agusta Calidia, your step by step instructions are incredibly helpful.

Unfortunately, despite following those steps, Vortex AI must not be working properly because my fallout.ini does not say that exactly and I can find no Vortex Redirection. At least the issue of why the game is messing up has been identified, but Vortex is not doing what it's supposed to.

Add this to your Fallout.ini in the [GENERAL] Section

bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1

Add this to the [Archive] section

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
bUseArchives=1

Hi HadToRegister,

Does those lines apply also for Fallout4 and SkyrimSE ? I do not have BSA redirection in my Vortex Setting / Workaround and I do not have those lines ( except bInvalidateOlderFiles=1 ) added to my Fallout4.ini and my textures are working fine so I am wondering if what Augusta and you suggested only apply to any older games like Fallout3 but not the ones I am playing with.

Please advise.Thanks,

Agusta Calidia, your step by step instructions are incredibly helpful.

Unfortunately, despite following those steps, Vortex AI must not be working properly because my fallout.ini does not say that exactly and I can find no Vortex Redirection. At least the issue of why the game is messing up has been identified, but Vortex is not doing what it's supposed to.

Add this to your Fallout.ini in the [GENERAL] Section

bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1

Add this to the [Archive] section

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
bUseArchives=1

Hi HadToRegister,

Does those lines apply also for Fallout4 and SkyrimSE ? I do not have BSA redirection in my Vortex Setting / Workaround and I do not have those lines ( except bInvalidateOlderFiles=1 ) added to my Fallout4.ini and my textures are working fine so I am wondering if what Augusta and you suggested only apply to any older games like Fallout3 but not the ones I am playing with.

Please advise.Thanks,

just for FO3, and FONV

I did that but I have a sneaking suspicion that the game doesn't bother to load them anymore, similar to how it failed to recognize that NVSE was installed until I ran the game through NVSE itself.

You're SUPPOSED to run the game by running NVSE.

NVSE doesn't just start up by itself, you start the game by running NVSE

Yes, but the 4GB Patcher is supposed to run NVSE automatically when I launch the game elsewhere. And that's how it worked before the Launcher came in and wrecked everything.

THen you must be using THIS ONE which, on the description page says that it's been depreciated, and to use THIS ONE

Just run the patcher once to patch your FONV.exe, then after that you can just start the game with the nvse_launcher.exe

This is what I would do.

• First, use the purge capability in Vortex to clear your Data folder.
  • Once, you have done that make copies of your .ini files and delete them.
  • Next delete your entire Data folder. Disable any ENBs.
  • Then re-validate your files in STEAM (or GOG). At that point, your game should be reverted to vanilla.
  • Run Vortex archive invalidation procedure.
  • Install NVSE, 4g patch (GOG version comes pre-patched), NVAC, NVSR, and ENB Boost.
  • Next come the tedious part. Start re-enabling your mods in small groups of 4-5. Make sure that you redeploy each time.
  • Run the game. If it runs, move onto the next group of 4-5 mods. If it crashes, then you have isolated the issue to a small group of mods and can troubleshoot from there.

Good luck.