Discovered another DAA Continuity Glitch

Thandal

Just started (another) DAA run after finishing (another) DAO run where I had made some unusual-for-me choices. Specifically, at the Landsmeet I let Loghain yield, (good thing I'd hardened Alistair first!) Then I accidentally let him "fall unconscious" during the final battle. So he didn't get to make the Ultimate Sacrifice and my Warden (who had accepted Morri's offer the night before) did that deed. Afterwards during the post-Coronation festivities I spoke with Loghain about what's next.

Fast forward to Vigil's Keep and after I had cleared the place of darkspawn the Seneschal, Varel, wanted to hurry up with the Joining for Mhairi, Anders and Oghren because, he said, "I know of only one living Grey Warden assigned to all of Ferelden." Thereby totally dissing both Loghain and King Alistair!

Now, I could overlook this error, putting it down to a simple decision by the DAA devs to, "Use the default DAO plot flags for DAA" except that just a little later Anders remarks that "Loghain was a traitor, and he's still alive..." (First time I'd ever heard that line!) So obviously someone was paying attention to the state of things from the previous campaign when laying out the dialogue trees for the next one, and the game has a way to check them.

Oh well, I've always thought the whole Varel character was a mistake. It should have been an Orlesian Warden who had survived the attack. Having the Joining presided over -- the Words spoken by -- someone who hadn't Joined is just... WRONG! But since this is about my n-teenth playthrough, it doesn't bother me that much! :laugh:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

*cracks knuckles*

I think you could 'explain away' the discrepancy re Alistair with a 'technically he's still a Grey Warden - because once a Warden, always a Warden - but he also left the order as an active member when he became king'. Also he's not 'assigned' to a Warden-y task, so semantically, it's accurate.

And isn't Loghain posted to the Montsimmard Warden contingent during Awakening? That would put him in Orlais, not Ferelden, so technically, while he is Fereldan, he's not assigned to Ferelden.

Pedantry. It's a way of life. :cool: