About FNVEdit...

Deleted55409787User

So, where did you install it?

In the FNV folder?

Forget about my issue. I decided to uninstall FNV because all of the main .esps decided to fade into the void, and I didn't have any backups. I guess I'm back to square one again ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .

To answer your question, I didn't install it into the main NV folder. I did it only after the "missing masters" issue destroyed my "FalloutNV" folder, and before I noticed the .esps were gone. But even when I installed FNVEdit into the right place, it still didn't work.

Should I just stop posting my dumb issues here? They're really my fault for not reading things properly.

Edited by Guest

xEdit/FNVEdit does not need to be installed into the game folder. But it does need to be told where that folder is if it cannot detect it from the registry entry.

If "all of the main .esps decided to fade into the void", then you are having a problem with either your mod manager (which are you using?), or a disk problem.

But you are correct: failure to read the manual or other supporting documentation is the most common basis behind most problems.

I recommend anyone read the entire "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article to understand the differences between this game and others you may have experience with; especially if this is your first attempt to play a modded FNV or it's been more than a year since you last did so.

-Dubious-

xEdit/FNVEdit does not need to be installed into the game folder. But it does need to be told where that folder is if it cannot detect it from the registry entry.

If "all of the main .esps decided to fade into the void", then you are having a problem with either your mod manager (which are you using?), or a disk problem.

But you are correct: failure to read the manual or other supporting documentation is the most common basis behind most problems.

I recommend anyone read the entire "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article to understand the differences between this game and others you may have experience with; especially if this is your first attempt to play a modded FNV or it's been more than a year since you last did so.

-Dubious-

I'm using Mod Organizer 2. The .esps vanished when I tried to run NVSE through MO - they were there before I clicked on the "run" button.

EDIT: It seems I made a mistake. I meant to say that the .esms went missing, especially the FallouNV.esm file. After reinstallation, Mod Organizer seems to be working properly.

Edited by Guest