How do I install multiple versions of a mod?

dferstat

One of the features I valued in Mod Organizer 2 was the ease of installing multiple versions of the same mod. I could simply rename the folder that a mod was installed to, and run the mod installer again.

For those who are wondering why I'd want to do this, I offer the following example:

Cinematic Dragon Soul Absorption, on installation, asks me to choose either a male voice or a female voice. Unfortunately, I have both male and female toons, and so one installation won't serve both.

Now, with MO2, I'd run the installer, select the female voice options, and after installation append "- female" to the folder name. I'd then run the installer again, select the male voice option, and then rename the new folder to suit. I'd then know which version of the mod I wanted to run with each toon.

With Vortex (the current v0.17.11) if this is possible I'm darned if I can work out how. Nor can I, despite searching on this forum, can I find an answer.

Any help to this end will be gratefully received.

Edit: Should be "choose either a male voice OR a female voice". Corrected in body.

Guest deleted34304850

profiles are your friend.

you make one profile for your male character and have mods in that profile ready to go, then do the same thing again for your female character, and have the mods for that play through installed.

I'm sorry, but I don't see how your suggestion helps me. I'm already using profiles, and I want to have a version of the above-mentioned CDSA (with female voice) for the existing profiles of my female toons, and another version (with male voice) for the profiles of my male toons.

What I can't yet work out is how to have two different installations of the same mod.

I'm sorry, but I don't see how your suggestion helps me. I'm already using profiles, and I want to have a version of the above-mentioned CDSA (with female voice) for the existing profiles of my female toons, and another version (with male voice) for the profiles of my male toons.

What I can't yet work out is how to have two different installations of the same mo

Bene, verum nil refert.

See my post below.

Edited by Augusta Calidia

When you right click on the mod and click on reinstall, a window should pop up with the options of Cancel, Add Variant, or Replace, along with an input to change the "variant name".

Change the input to whatever is appropriate (so in this case, "Female Voice" or "Male Voice"), and click on Add Variant.

There should now be a orange drop down box under the Version column of the mod. The format seems to be version.number(variant.name). After selecting the variant that you want to use, just hit the "Deploy Mods" button so that the files that need to be swapped out, gets swapped.

When you right click on the mod and click on reinstall, a window should pop up with the options of Cancel, Add Variant, or Replace, along with an input to change the "variant name".

Change the input to whatever is appropriate (so in this case, "Female Voice" or "Male Voice"), and click on Add Variant.

There should now be a orange drop down box under the Version column of the mod. The format seems to be version.number(variant.name). After selecting the variant that you want to use, just hit the "Deploy Mods" button so that the files that need to be swapped out, gets swapped.

You're a genius (and so is Tannin42)! Your solution works. I installed "Cinematic DSA" (thanks dferstat for making me aware of the mod), filled out the mod details pane, and renamed the mod "Cinematic DSA Female." I then reinstalled the mod using "Add Variant." I disabled "Cinematic DSA Female" and enabled the variant, which still had the Nexusmods name. At this point I had two Cinematic DSA mods listed on the mods page. When I filled out the mod details pane for the variant, the two mods coalesced into one and a variant selection menu appeared. I then renamed the variant "Cinematic DSA Male." Finally I tested everthing, and this solution worked like a charm. Public notice: no dragons were spared irreparable injury in the course of testing.

Edited by Augusta Calidia