Heavy Traffic ×

Skill xp gain glitch

Erynash

Hello!

Recently when enjoying a modded Skyrim playthrough I stumbled upon a rather frustrating glitch.
When levelling up some of my skills (via using/crafting) the XP bar appears to be full, yet neither continuing to use the skill or trying to pay a trainer helps increase it.
I attempted to increase the number of available trainings per level thinking that it may help, yet it did nothing. Lowering the skill allows to increase it again but only to the value on which it previously got stuck. Trying to add XP via commands does nothing, icreasing the skill via commands allows to have it locked at a higher value.
I had this happen at 50 of enchanting and smithing, and 34 of illusion and resto on a different save file, which I do not have anymore.
With enchanting I managed to unlock xp gain by learing a new enchantment instead of crafting but only for two points, after that it locked itself again.
The XP bar in skills menu appears full, yet the bar visible in the arcane enchanter is stuck ad 1/4 of the way. Same for smithing bars.
I googled the problem several times but to no avail. I also tried looking for the issue on mod pages, found nothing.

I will be very greatful for any thoughts, ideas or possible fixes <3
A wordpad document listing all my installed mods, aside from minor texture changes is attached to this topic. Feel free to try the mod list, it's good.

Edited by Erynash