Easy Permanent Solution To Dark Face Facegen Bug

valscarr

Excuse me for intruding, but I have zero mods no add-ons either and I still have grey faces. Explain that one away!

"zero mods and no addons"? Really?

If that's the case, then it's not grey face bug. That's what vanilla looks like. Why do you think we're modding? :laugh:

• 1 month later...

I'm with the OP. I've been playing Skyrim since it came out. The grey-face bug was introduced into skyrim by an early update to the game and was never fixed, because of the CK workaround.

As for mods and load order, I have moved offending mods to the end of my load order, the very end, past all patches and DYNDOLOD, and still encountered it.

How much do modders and mod users have to jump through hoops before we can reasonably call this a bug and attempt to fix it?

The script sounds like something I would definitely try. It also sounds as if it would be compatible with any mod that adds NPCs.

I am currently using all of the Bijiin mods, Improved Bards, and The Ordinary Women.
I use MO2, so I can move them around and keep the load order as follows:

The Ordinary Women
Bijiin
Improved Bards

I also use Interesting NPCs (3DNPC) and Cuyima's update to the faces.

At this point, no greyface.

The problem comes when I use Populated Skyrim Hell Edition for Open Cities with civil war.

If a script would keep me from having to choose which mod I like better, sort through mods' BSAs and patches, and delete NPCs baked into my saves with Resaver, I would be perfectly happy to simply play with my load order until everyone looks right.

FWIW, zEBD does something like this "on the fly," though it is not as customizeable as the regular EBD mod, which can change height, though I don't know if it changes weight.

Load order isn't a bug either, but BOSS and LOOT exist.

• 1 month later...

Hey folks, tiny Necro regarding the facegen conflicts in mods. Assuming vortex and assuming you arn't close to the ESP cap so no need to merge anything, is proper load order ALL that would be needed to fix the facegen issues or is there a point where you'd have to dive into SExEdit?

In context i havn't played skyrim since like 2014, before vortex was a thing, and jumping back in recently i was getting pretty bad conflicts due to npc overhauls. HOWEVER this was before i realized the difference between mod and load order in Vortex. I cut my npc mods to only a couple (Ordinary women, Bjin's and MoS) and that solved itsself. NOW i kinda wana add more, specifically PoeticAnt's Pride of Skyrim series and Pandorable's packs.

I'd also like to start a new run at this point / maybe a clean install as i ended up adding and removing some stuff mid playthrough because stupid and / or tweeking and i'd like to get a perfect setup finally. (Took me like 12 days to get ~300 mods to play nice together, including having to switch from LE to SE because 144hz)

Hey folks, tiny Necro regarding the facegen conflicts in mods. Assuming vortex and assuming you arn't close to the ESP cap so no need to merge anything, is proper load order ALL that would be needed to fix the facegen issues or is there a point where you'd have to dive into SExEdit?

In context i havn't played skyrim since like 2014, before vortex was a thing, and jumping back in recently i was getting pretty bad conflicts due to npc overhauls. HOWEVER this was before i realized the difference between mod and load order in Vortex. I cut my npc mods to only a couple (Ordinary women, Bjin's and MoS) and that solved itsself. NOW i kinda wana add more, specifically PoeticAnt's Pride of Skyrim series and Pandorable's packs.

I'd also like to start a new run at this point / maybe a clean install as i ended up adding and removing some stuff mid playthrough because stupid and / or tweeking and i'd like to get a perfect setup finally. (Took me like 12 days to get ~300 mods to play nice together, including having to switch from LE to SE because 144hz)

What worked for me was to make sure the PLUGIN that made the most changes to the faces was loaded after every other NPC changing Mod.

IN the example in this thread, I have Bijin AIO SV 2018 loaded AFTER any and all other mods that Affect NPCs,

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Everyone, show some respect for your fellow humans! Some people don't have much time to invest in learning all the nuances of modding and Skyrim's engine.

The forum is supposed to be for helping each other out. Some of you did, some of you did not, but my point is that you can correct someone without being rude.

The rudeness just makes everyone more afraid to ask questions.

And if you're the author of a popular mod, that's great, but that also means you've put countless hours into a video game. Did you make the world a better place? Does that give you the right to be rude?

Perhaps it's time to think about what is important in life. Skyrim is just a video game!