Fallout New Vegas crashes on startup

Indeed it at least contributes to the problem.

Please see the 'Issue: NVSE - fails to load after update KB4058043 to Win10 FCU (v1709)' entry in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide. This may be due to an on-going series of Windows Updates for the "Meltdown and Spectre Vulnerabilities".

-Dubious-

I also found this...

File Name: fose_loader.txt

couldn't find Fallout3.exe, trying fallout3ng.exe
launching: fallout3ng.exe (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\fallout3ng.exe)
Couldn't find C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\fallout3ng.exe, make sure you're running this from the same folder as fallout3.exe.
checksum not found

Any ideas?

Also, I read the article you suggested and most of the solutions it gave me, are solutions that I've already tried.

As well as this...

File Name: sr_New_Vegas_Stutter_Remover.txt

initialize0() running in thread 1d0c
initialize1() running in thread 1d0c
FalloutNV 1.4.0.525 (update 7)
console interface not found
initialize2() running in thread 1d0c at Sat Apr 13 18:48:52 2019

hook_GetTickCount bPreserveDC_Bias=1 Sync=0ms bForceResolution=1 bPreserveHighFreqComponents=0 bPreserveHighFreqComponents=0
replacing libc rand(), srand()
Critical Sections mode 3 (staggered prioritization)
Heap Replacement using algorithm #6: attempting to completely replace the Oblivion heap manager with my ThreadHeap3
ERROR:
ERROR: ThreadHeap3::init - main block allocation failed, shutting down

FOSE is the "script extender" that preceded NVSE, and is only for FO3. TTW is a port of FO3 to the FNV engine, so you only want to use NVSE (which already includes everything from FOSE). So, uninstall FOSE.

Your NVSR error is indicating a "memory allocation" error: it failed to get the memory it needed. This is directly related to the "Meltdown and Spectre" changes implemented in the 'Issue: NVSE - fails to load after update KB4058043 to Win10 FCU (v1709)' entry.

Your first post shows me you are running Windows 8 (NT 6.2.9200.0). That means you probably need to install EMET (linked in that entry). Don't be put off that it is now "end of life". It's basically your only choice at the moment until you update to Win10.

Also, be aware that not all "heap replacement" algorithms in NVSR work equally for all systems. Testing is necessary. But first see 'Issue - CTD after 10-20 minutes of play post-Win10 2017 FCU', which discusses various NVSR configurations.

Finally, the FOSE error log shows it looking in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas" for the game. Please see the wiki "Installing Games on Windows Vista+" article for why the original default Steam behavior of installing games to the "C:\Program Files" or "C:\Program Files(x86)" folder tree was bad (they learned better, and don't do that any more); and why "disabling UAC and running as Administrator" is NOT sufficient, with instructions how to move it. This is the single most important thing you can do to fix and protect yourself against problems in the future. As much of a PITA as that is, it's never going to be any easier than now. System updates often cause issues with games installed to these folder trees. Please see the 'Restoring to "Vanilla"' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article as well.

-Dubious-

• 4 weeks later...

In your original post you were using FOMM. It appears to be located under an "Fallout3.Tools" subfolder. Make sure you are using the "Fallout Mod Manager - FOMM - Fork" version. (Nexus has shut down the last server that was still using the old API.)

We need to see your latest error messages and current "load order" to be able to offer any further suggestions. But basically everything is in the "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article, with specific problems addressed in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide. I keep both of them current and as up-to-date as possible.

-Dubious-

Ok, so I got the game to run for a bit when I found out the 4gb thing wasn't installed, but now the 4gb won't work!

here's the log file...

File Name: FNV4GB.txt

Loader: Getting windows version - 6.1.7600
Loader: Address Space Size = 0xF9D50000
Loader: Getting executable name - D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\fnv4gb.exe
Loader: Parsing Command Line...
Loader: Trying to get game path from Bethesda Softworks registry key
Loader: Attmepting to open HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bethesda Softworks\FalloutNV - Succeeded
Loader: Attempting to query size of "Installed Path" value - Succeeded
Loader: Attempting to query "Installed Path" value - Succeeded
Loader: Changing directory to D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\
Loader: Original exe is: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\FalloutNV.exe
Loader: LAA exe is: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\exes\FalloutNV.exe
Loader: Validating original exe...
Loader: Validation passed
Loader: Making sure original and LAA exe are not the same file - They aren't
Loader: Making sure this executable is not D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\FalloutNV.exe - It isn't
Loader: Making sure this executable is not D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\exes\FalloutNV.exe - It isn't
Loader: Original exe already has LAA flag set as required.
Loader: Setting SteamAppId environment variable to 22380 (Fallout New Vegas)
Loader: Setting SteamGameId environment variable to 22380
Loader: Creating process: "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\FalloutNV.exe"
Loader: Allocating memory buffer in child procress - Success. Buffer at FF7F0000
Loader: Getting handle to Kernel32
Loader: Getting filename of Kernel32
Loader: Getting module information for Kernel32
Loader: Creating remote thread to initialize libraries
Loader: Waiting for remote thread to exit
Loader: Remote thread exited with unexpected return value 0xC0000005
Loader: Getting number of modules loaded in child process
Loader:Error getting number of modules loadeded in child processOnly part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed.
Loader: Couldn't find handle to Kernel32 in child process. Assuming its the same as this one
Loader: Injecting dll loader code into child process.
Failed to write 0x3D bytes at 0xFF7F0000 in child process. Access is denied.
Loader: Failed to write to memory of child process - Access is denied.

Loader: Exiting

Where is your "Fallout.INI" file located? It should be in your "C:\Users\<YourAccountName>\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV" folder. and unless you have changed the default permissions on that folder it should not be setting every file to "read-only".

As you did move Steam out of the default location, then likely any access privilege problem is one of "File and Folder permissions" on the parent "root" folder under which you installed the games. If this is not set correctly to allow at least "System", "Administrators", and "Users" to have "Full Control" then you can't overwrite other files or make changes. You then need to enable the "Properties | Security | Advanced | Change Permissions" setting of the parent folder to enable the box: "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object", so those changes get applied to the existing files and sub-folders.

Here is your problem getting the game to run:

Loader: Remote thread exited with unexpected return value 0xC0000005

"Windows Exception code: 0xc0000005". The "Faulting Application" is often the victim of another program rather than the actual culprit, making it virtually impossible for the user to trace the source. Any recent update since the last time it was working correctly is suspect, as are viruses even if you have anti-virus (AV) running. Run AV from multiple sources when checking for infections. There are a number of free online scanners on the internet (though they are all going to try to sell you their services after the first time).

I also notice the "child process" (i.e. the game executable) is being loaded into address "0xFF7F0000", which is very near or beyond the end of 8GB of system memory, which would generate a "0xc0000005" error. I strongly suspect the game does not have sufficient memory to load.

You may need to exclude FNV from "Data Execution Protection (DEP)" and configure " Windows Defender Exploit Guard (WDEG)". Please see "Issue - NVSE - fails to load after update KB4058043 to Win10 FCU v1709" under the 'Solutions to Starting the game problems' section of the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" article.

Try turning off any unnecessary background processes, such as "anti-virus" or "anti-malware" programs (unneeded if you are running your game in "offline" mode once you have scanned since the last connection), multiplayer "overlays" like "OverWolf" (this is single-player after all), the Steam overlay, etc., at least on a temporary basis to see if they are interfering. There are also tools (often called "Game Boosters") to help you determine "unnecessary when offline" Windows services you can temporarily shut down.

-Dubious-

One, I have no idea what you're trying to suggest here:

"If this is not set correctly to allow at least "System", "Administrators", and "Users" to have "Full Control" then you can't overwrite other files or make changes. You then need to enable the "Properties | Security | Advanced | Change Permissions" setting of the parent folder to enable the box: "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object", so those changes get applied to the existing files and sub-folders."

Two, I don't have any anti-virus/anti-malware programs running except for Microsoft Defender (which runs by default). I also don't have any "game-boosters", unless you count plugins like ENB, NVSE, and NVAC.

Three, how are you supposed to disable the security parameters for the game?