[LE] Bow mesh editing

How would I go about adding a dragonskull to a bow mesh in Skyrim? can it be done through nifskope (if so how would I do that?) or does it have to be done through blender or another program?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Not that i have done it, adding mesh to a weapon or armor only vice versa, adding a skinned mesh to a static mesh.

But, wouldn't this work exactly in the same way ?, copy NiTriShape Branch and paste to the skinned mesh NiTriShape Branch.

* In NifSkope.

Edited by maxarturo

Even if it "worked" just copying the branch (which i haven't tested). It's not going to animate with the armor/bow for obvious reasons, that's what the skin is for. So, i guess, for the case of a bow only if want to add something to a part of the bow that doesn't bend at all, which is really only going to be where the hand is; or you actually want the object to float ignoring the bow; then it might work.

Or you could skin it properly, which is a tried and tested method and not actually complicated.

I can give directions for 3dsmax, I haven't used blender in years unfortunately. Tutorials about armor largely apply, it's really the same process.

I was worried that was going to be the case. I've got statics to work before and removed parts form weapon and armor meshes fine but I didn't think it could be done in nifskope (though I was hopeful) I tried to use blender a few years ago and could not work it out at all the item is going to be added where the hand is but it wouldn't be the best way to do it yeah.

Edited by Bersark93

Even if it "worked" just copying the branch (which i haven't tested). It's not going to animate with the armor/bow for obvious reasons, that's what the skin is for. So, i guess, for the case of a bow only if want to add something to a part of the bow that doesn't bend at all, which is really only going to be where the hand is; or you actually want the object to float ignoring the bow; then it might work.

Or you could skin it properly, which is a tried and tested method and not actually complicated.

I can give directions for 3dsmax, I haven't used blender in years unfortunately. Tutorials about armor largely apply, it's really the same process.

I was just wondering...
I did a quick test with a bow and a deer skull, place it in the middle of the bow (just above the hand) and it worked, but... you could see the bow stretching without the skull following (in the part which both meshes meet).
If i find my self in the need of doing something like this i'll use 3ds Max, as always.
Edited by maxarturo