Downloads hang at 99%

tarlazo

Version 0.17.11

All downloads from Nexus stop at 99%, pausing and resuming completes the download.

Not a big issue, but odd.

Manual downloads from Nexus complete normally.

Edited by tarlazo

Logging out doesn't help either, but I can't find any setting allowing to select a download server.

Change the download server on the Website, click on the gear next to your avatar at the top of the page and pick preferences, it's down the page a bit under user preferences.

It's hidden quite well,

I'm afraid that's only for premium members, I'll try it as soon as I renew my premium membership, thanks.

I'm beginning to suspect that the problem could be in the download threads setting, when I was premium I increased it, but now it's locked and cannot be reset.

Edited by tarlazo

In my experience large downloads pauses, probably until file written to disk, for so finishing successfully on it's own. Example I downloaded all files for Ultimate Skyrim v4.00 when it was released, using Vortex. So are you sure it's not just you being impatient?

BTW, also remember downloads only updates progress per second.

Interesting, actually I never waited more than 20/30 secs, next time I'll be sure to try that out.

And now that you make me think about it, downloads are stored in a HDD, which is set to spin down while idle, so perhaps the temp files of the download are on the SSD drive and then they must be copied to the HDD, which needs time to spin up, hence the delay.

Edited by tarlazo

Guest deleted34304850

you may want to check the fragmentation on that device and run a disk defrag on it. may give you a bit of a boost, particularly if the drive is quite fragmented.