[LE] [HELP] I cannot find the location of my racemenu presets and head exports

So I've been trying to create a follower mod for skyrim, and I wanted to customize how she looked with racemenu, I've looked at several tutorials showing me how to accomplish this. I need to export the head. So I do that and save it to the location it has it set as "Data/SKSE/Plugins/CharGen" and incase I have any problems and need to do that again I save her as a preset too in the location set as "Data/SKSE/Plugins/CharGen/Presets"

Once that's done I close the game and try to go to the location of where the head is, and I cannot find it. I look up where they can be found, and it appears I do not have the folders. On several help forums they say you can just add them in yourself if they are not present, and so I do that. I reopen Skyrim, load the preset, export the head again and preset again. (Mind you I could load up the head and preset just fine and they showed up on the list in game) I close the game and check the folders and it's not there. I look onto other forums that say the folder is located in a different place, but I could never find the folder in those places so I made the folders there, and reopened skyrim and exported the head and saved the preset. I closed the game and I could never find the files.

I've been at this for well over three hours and I can't find anything that resolves my issue.

I have racemenu installed through Mod Organizer (MO2). My mods are all up to date as to my knowledge. I don't know what could be causing this extremely frustrating issue, I would gladly appreciate some help, thank you.

Gosh.... your presets are in Mod Organizer SKSE folder...

if you run game normaly you use your own settings ( *,ini files etc. )

if you run game with MO you use MO settings

MO have his own config files... just look for your preset in MO Folders or start game normaly and export your preset again

im not using MO and any other sh**y programs so i can't show u where to look for preset in MO but this will be something like:

../ModOrganizer/...<one of folders in main dir.> .../SKSE/Chargen/... < here >

lel...

btw. change for example Skyrim.ini etc. is useless using MO

and also MO have f*#@ed Mod Order...

idk why ppl use NMM MO or anything else... they just make more problems using/playing skyrim...

%appdata% ( Windows + R ) and find Skyrim, you can easly copy Mod Order from Mod Organizer to Skyrim...

Gosh.... your presets are in Mod Organizer SKSE folder...

if you run game normaly you use your own settings ( *,ini files etc. )

if you run game with MO you use MO settings

MO have his own config files... just look for your preset in MO Folders or start game normaly and export your preset again

im not using MO and any other sh**y programs so i can't show u where to look for preset in MO but this will be something like:

../ModOrganizer/...<one of folders in main dir.> .../SKSE/Chargen/... < here >

lel...

btw. change for example Skyrim.ini etc. is useless using MO

and also MO have f***ed Mod Order...

idk why ppl use NMM MO or anything else... they just make more problems using/playing skyrim...

%appdata% ( Windows + R ) and find Skyrim, you can easly copy Mod Order from Mod Organizer to Skyrim...

There was no SKSE folder in my Mod Organizer folder. I created the folders hoping if I saved my preset and exported the head they would be in there, and they weren't. I've searched for these files all through my computer and I'm unable to find them.

Infact I couldn't find any SKSE folders when looking for these files, though I definitely have it installed.

Would you recommend I reinstall my mods manually, do you think that would solve the problem?

I don't know if this is relevant (i've never used RM, so i don't know how it works), but in the Nexus page in FEAUTERS is written :

- Export head mesh (Requires CharGen)

- Save/Load preset to and from a slot file (Requires CharGen v2.0.0 or greater and replaces clipboard save/load)

- Show HeadPart name and source mod (Requires CharGen v2.1.2 or greater)

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...