[LE] How to make specific NPCs, or follower, or children, no longer scared of Werewolf form?

Solved it! Couple of posts down.

Hello all! Dumb newbie to modding asking for help.

So here's the rundown:

I have the Khajiit child Ma'rakha mod and adopted him.

I made him a follower with Amazing Follower Tweaks so he can join me on adventures. I had also edited his race in CK so he was no longer flagged as a child so he could actually fight too.

I am also a Werewolf. (Moonlight Tales)

(My mods just in case)

Everyone is all fine and dandy, we adventure and fight together. The problem comes when I turn into a Werewolf.

Here's what happens when I turn into a Werewolf:

• He will stop attacking enemies unless they attack him.
  • He will still follow me around.
The problem comes if I try to talk to him, or if I use a howl. He freaks out, leaves my service, and starts attacking me.

I've spent all night tinkering with factions in CK to get him to be okay with me in Werewolf form. This includes:

• Removing all his factions except the BYOHRelationshipAdoptableFaction, and then making that faction an Ally to PlayerFaction and PlayerWerewolf Faction.
  • Adding him to the CompanionsCircle faction (because they don't attack you in Werewolf form right?)
  • More fiddling with factions to no avail.
  • Oh I also made him a werewolf in game too with the AFT option but still freaks out.
So after all this I realise that maaaybe factions isn't what's going to help solve the issue, but I don't have a single clue what else to do. So I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what to do to get my kid to not freak out if I accidentally talk to him or howl.

I know there are mods to make people non hostile towards werewolves but I don't want everyone to no longer be hostile, I just want this specific follower/child to be ok with it.

Thank you very much!

Edited by 13ulbasaur

Easiest way, but will cause some compatibility issues is to edit the line in the script that makes everyone hate the Werewolf. It's easy to find, because it'll have a comment saying something along the lines of "make everyone hate you". I suspect the faction bit isn't working because said line is overriding that? I'm not so sure.

Edited by Rasikko

Easiest way, but will cause some compatibility issues is to edit the line in the script that makes everyone hate the Werewolf. It's easy to find, because it'll have a comment saying something along the lines of "make everyone hate you". I suspect the faction bit isn't working because said line is overriding that? I'm not so sure.

Thank you, I'm trying to edit that just commenting that line out, but when I attempt to compile, it comes up with this:

Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...

Compiling "PlayerWerewolfChangeScript"...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\PlayerWerewolfChangeScript.psc(918,43): cannot convert to unknown type mtse_script_lunartransformback

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\PlayerWerewolfChangeScript.psc(918,43): cannot cast a quest to a mtse_script_lunartransformback, types are incompatible

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\PlayerWerewolfChangeScript.psc(918,78): mtse_script_lunartransformback is not a known user-defined type

No output generated for PlayerWerewolfChangeScript, compilation failed.

Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.

Failed on PlayerWerewolfChangeScript

Note that I am, of course, editing and compiling from the Moonlight Tales script. Any ideas? Even just copy and pasting the script as is from the base doesn't work. xx

However I did do some fiddling with the vanilla playerchange script, to see if I can just find exactly what causes that issue. As it turns out, removing the following is what makes it so I can interct with my kid, not the attackactor one. No idea how it works but it does.

;while (cfIndex < CrimeFactions.GetSize())
;         ;Debug.Trace("WEREWOLF: Setting enemy flag on " + CrimeFactions.GetAt(cfIndex))
        ;(CrimeFactions.GetAt(cfIndex) as Faction).SetPlayerEnemy()
        ;cfIndex += 1
    ;endwhile

However I need to figure out how to comment those out with the Moonlight Tales script since otherwise all the extra stuff breaks.

Here's the script if someone could help me. Thanks!

https://pastebin.com/VPrg6iZj

EDIT

SOLVED

Nevermind! managed to solve it. It was because I was editing the script from moonlight tales to overwrite the source vanilla script, so I had to move some of the Moonlight Tales scripts over to Source/Scripts.

So now I have Moonlight Tales functioning and my kid doesn't try to kill me as a werewolf! Best of all, other NPCs will still function as normal when I turn into a Werewolf, so now i know how to make it so it's just select NPCs. Yay! Thank you very much for the help ^^

Edited by 13ulbasaur