Disable elevation requirement for deployment?

Nuker1110

I'd really like to not need to enter my password every time I install a mod, but I know UAC is crucial for Windows security. Is it possible to configure Vortex to not need UAC elevation to deploy mods?

I don't enter a password to install mods.

Are you running Vortex as an Admin? If so , Don't

DO you have UAC turned on?

Guest deleted34304850

there is no requirement for your password when you install a mod.

where is your game install located?

I'd really like to not need to enter my password every time I install a mod, but I know UAC is crucial for Windows security. Is it possible to configure Vortex to not need UAC elevation to deploy mods?

I've never had to enter a password to install a mod, and I've had UAC turned on since it was invented.

I have UAC on, not running Vortex as admin, games are installed to a Steam Library on my F drive (2tb storage HDD).

UAC asks for my password for approval when I hit "Elevate" to deploy mods.

Do you have Steam set to run as admin?

I'm pretty sure somebody else I helped had this problem and it turned out they were running Steam as an Admin

OK hang on, I think I know.
When I log into my laptop with a different account, and I want to make changes to it, I have to put in my ADMIN password from my Admin account to change things.

So, you have an admin account on your computer, but you are probably logged into a USER account, which is why you keep having to enter the ADMIN password to make any changes in the USER account.

OK hang on, I think I know.

When I log into my laptop with a different account, and I want to make changes to it, I have to put in my ADMIN password from my Admin account to change things.

So, you have an admin account on your computer, but you are probably logged into a USER account, which is why you keep having to enter the ADMIN password to make any changes in the USER account.

I have win7 64bit, I have an admin user created but I do everything in a separate standard user account. Apart from installing Vortex I'm never asked for my admin credentials to install a mod or run Vortex or even run a steam game, steam is installed on c:, all paths in Vortex other than the one to the game are on a separate d: drive though.

What version of windows is this happening in Nuker1110?