Browning M1919A4/A6

PatLaabs

With the 2 recent additions of the MG34/42 and M60 machine guns to the Nexus we've been pretty blessed with awesome new weaponry that can bring alot of life to your playthroughs (especially if you do a WWII or Vietnam era one). However, when it comes to the Allied side for WWII weaponry you have everything except for a good machine gun. Yea, theres the M2HB but we need a lighter machine gun.

My idea is to bring in the M1919A4 as well as the A6 through additional weapons modifications that can be made in game. The A4 would be held like the minigun due to it not having a shoulder stock and could use a handle around the barrel to support it. The A4 can be modded to add a buttstock and bipod turning it into an A6, which would be able to be fired from the shoulder due to it having said buttstock as well as a handle on the barrel.

Even without custom animations I think this would be a great addition.

I would attempt this myself however my modding skills are not nearly good enough to attempt this just yet. If anyone wants to take a crack at it or has any ideas I'd appreciate it.

EDIT: This weapon system as far as I can tell has not been done yet. It is not included with the WWII replacer weapons and it is not the Wasteland Melody Heavy machine gun (that's an M2HB, not an M1919).

For reference, these 2 pictures are of an M1919A4 and M1919A6. Again, the A6 is the one with the buttstock, and the A4 is the one without.

Edited by PatLaabs

• 1 month later...
Not trying to revive old threads with BS but I've gotten new info on porting content and permissions. It's recently come to my attention that the makers of Rising Storm 2 Vietnam and the Red Orchestra and other Rising Storm games (Tripwire) are whitelisted when it comes to porting over their content i.e. proper credit is given and not done for profit. With this being said, most of their content from those games (including the M1919) can be ported over to Fallout 4 as long as those 2 conditions are met. It's already been done for a few pieces of content, most notably being Aussie Sheppard's Vietnam Fatigues. I ask that you, the great people of the Nexus, look into this and get as much of that sweet, sweet content over here so we can finally have some other good weapons and other content.

• 10 months later...