Open Community  ·  421 members

Stardew Valley

Is this where I can ask questions if I'm new to modding?

threnodi42

I hope this is not an inappropriate place to ask my questions. If it is, please let me know a good place to post my questions. Here they are:

Modding Questions for Stardew Valley Expanded:

1. On the mod’s Nexus page, the author recommends both “Unofficial Starblue Valley Update” recolor and “Natural Color – Reshade” recolor. Do these two mods conflict with one another? Is the author suggesting you pick one OR use both? If I am supposed to choose one, does anyone have an opinion on which one is better?
  2. Also on the mod’s Nexus page, the author recommends both “DarkWoods” and “Even More Secret Woods,” both of which edit the secret woods map (I think). Is this another case of pick one, or do they mesh well and offer two unique and compatible sets of modifications? Again, opinions on which one to pick (if only one)?
  3. Will “Extended Minecart” work with SVE? Or will it break?
  4. On the mod’s GitHub Troubleshooting and Install Guide pages, it says the “NPC Map Locations” mod needs to be installed BEFORE the main SVE mod (if you want the Immersive Farm 2 Remastered, which I do). But the Google Doc installation directions specifically say to install “NPC Map Locations” AFTER installing the main SVE mod AND running the game (once to check for errors). Which one is correct/best?

Question about “Lookup Anything” Mod:

1. Which of the following mods would be redundant if I install the “Lookup Anything” mod?
    1. Simple Crop Label (TheMusketeer)
    2. Gift Taste Helper (tstaples)
    3. Experience Bars (spacechase0)
    4. Range Display (CatCattyCat)
    5. Community Bundle Item Tooltip (musbah)

Thank you for any and all help!