Black Screen / No Image (Sounds/Controls working)

SNIperofDARKness

I started using the Mod Organiser and seem to have ran in to a few too many problems.

To simply put it after installing some mods and starting the game I get a black screen, almost like my monitor isn't working, but I can still access the menu through controls or even load a save.

I get this type of error after installing the following mods:

1. AOS2
  2. Inhabitants of Skyrim
  3. Ultimate NPC Overhaul
  4. Immersive Sounds compendium

I've tried googling for solutions related to SKSE running out of memory and having to resort to installing all sorts of wabbajacks with not much working. Currently if I disable any of these mods the game works and I can play Skyrim fine until a random CTD.

Note: If I activate any or all these mods I get the No Image skyrim.

I've also ran Loot and looked up at mod load orders, but nothing really works. This has been Baffling me for 3 days now.

Edited by SNIperofDARKness

Coc?

Try to enter empty AutoLoadDoor :P

they will make your screen complete black but you still can move and hear world aroud you

also you can play but with black screen

1) Open console "~"

2) type "coc riverwood" or "coc whiterun" or any other location you want

3) should be done :x...

if its problem with loading :x...

Try installing the CrashFix Bug

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72725/

It will help with problems related to memory usage. Just enable some things in the SKSE plugin and viola.

Also, use Wyrebash to see if you need to rearrange some plugins so they will work properly. I find that installing AOS2 creates alot of plugins (especially if you install all the associated extras) that need to be sorted.

No.

If you click on the plugins that showup red you'll see the master files it needs to be arranged in a certain order.

Unfortunately there will be a few mods that will always be messed up in that regard because they have their master files look like this, like EFLX for example..

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dragonborn.esm

Hearthfire.esm

Dawnguard.esm

Instead of what is normally used which is..

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

Hearthfires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

So they'll always show red in Wyrebash, but will still work without much fuss. Anyways, double check Vivid Weathers and RS Children and if they're red because of the problem stated in this post you can simply ignore them.

If they're red because you have other master files that are out of order, then you can rearrange them in Wyrebash till they're green and it'll automatically update your MO plugin order.

Aside from that Wyrebash is used to compile all mods that alter level lists into one file so there will be zero conflicts when the game has to decide what items to give bandits/NPCs. It also combines patches so you can save a bit of space in your plugins list.

Also..

If you enabled RecordCrashInfo=1 in your Crashfix plugin it will write down the reasons for into the CrashFixPluginLog located in skse/plugins folder, or your SKSE output log every time you exit the game (you'll have to manually drag/drop overwrite output).

Give that a shot and see what it says.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, thank you for your support.

I have been struggling however with how to change the said mod load order. If I try to move the files it tells me this "You must first allow editing from the column menu".

Other than that I believe i'll be reinstalling Skyrim entirely in a couple of weeks and try to see if I can do anything differently. Would be good to know though how to fix the current problem as well if it may arise another time.

Thanks.