skyui error code 1

Matrix101King

Hey guys, im brand new to forums and stuff so im very sorry if im missing critical info or its not everything needed. I didnt even know what CTD meant until about 30 minutes ago while i was researching trying to figure out my issue. NOTE: while trying to write as detailed a post as possible i disabled all my mods and reinabled them one at a time to try to get a specific mod for support and noticed that without the widescreen patch for skyui I got skyui error code 1 when starting a game

versions: (everything is current at the time of this post)

sse: 1.5.73.0

skse64: 2.0.15

skyui SE: 5.2

Now, i know I have JUST started playing sse (i use to only play sle because no mods worked on sse originally and i never made the move) but i have a massive monitor and games need widescreen or everything looks bad and the taskbar gets in the way and a bunch of bs

point is getskseversion reports that i do in fact have skse installed and it is in fact running (i always start it with the skse_loader) but since i just started running sse i dont know if this is a "bethesda broke s*** again and you have to wait until everyone fixes it for the uimpteenth time" or if skse64 has been shelved or if skyui needs to be updated....or if god forbid i really did screw up the mod installs

Sorry if i missed a fix in my research and this is a dupe

EDIT: i just noticed that skyui se has not been updated since 2017 so it is likely not compatible with current version of skyrim se which was updated last month.

M

Edited by Matrix101King

First I can tell you that Skyrim SE didn't get updated last month (using Steam I assume?), at least not in the way you might think. Just check the Steam product updates. I can also assure you that there isn't an incompatibility between SkyUI and Skyrim SE (I know that because SkyUI works perfectly fine here).

So the thing you're not telling us is how you installed all this?

Alas... My assumption is that you got SKSE using Steam and also used your Steam client to install it. That can lead to some unwanted behavior. So instead I suggest you use the official website to get the latest version for Skyrim SE and make sure that you're also actually using that to start the game.

Then there's SkyUI itself. Make sure that you grabbed the SE version and didn't accidentally grab the 'Oldrim' version. Note: just mentioning this for completeness sake.

That should help get you up & running.

When in doubt I'd re-install SkyUI just in case (extremely easy when using Vortex) right after you re-installed SKSE.

First I can tell you that Skyrim SE didn't get updated last month (using Steam I assume?), at least not in the way you might think. Just check the Steam product updates. I can also assure you that there isn't an incompatibility between SkyUI and Skyrim SE (I know that because SkyUI works perfectly fine here).

So the thing you're not telling us is how you installed all this?

Alas... My assumption is that you got SKSE using Steam and also used your Steam client to install it. That can lead to some unwanted behavior. So instead I suggest you use the official website to get the latest version for Skyrim SE and make sure that you're also actually using that to start the game.

Then there's SkyUI itself. Make sure that you grabbed the SE version and didn't accidentally grab the 'Oldrim' version. Note: just mentioning this for completeness sake.

That should help get you up & running.

When in doubt I'd re-install SkyUI just in case (extremely easy when using Vortex) right after you re-installed SKSE.

for the version i just looked up the first reference of my version number on google tbh so im not entirely sure when the last update was but i saw a video from a few months ago about bethesda purposefuilly breaking mods so they could put them on creation club

I installed skse on steam but realized skse on steam only installs for le version of skyrim so i downloaded skse64 zip from the website, unzipped it and moved everything into the sse game folder (i tried the "make a zip of the data folder and install that as mod in vortex" but skse was not happy with that

skyui i installed via vortex

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/12604

then im also trying to run widescreen patch but i disabled that during crashes to try and figure out what was going on and thats when i saw the skyui error code

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1778

thank you for the reply!

edit: reinstalled using vortex

disable -> reinstall -> replace -> enable

there is no error about skse not being the right version (like it did when i tried the steam skse before realizeing it was for le)

checked the loadorder in game and skyui is enabled

started game, still error code 1. will try a complete reinstall of sse and then reinstall skse64 then reinstall skyui

edit 2: solved...i dont really know what the actual issue was but i reinstalled skse and it still threw the error (even though console said skse was running) i ended up reinabling the skse data "mod" on vortex and it worked after that

thank you for your patience ShelLuser

Edited by Matrix101King