Low GPU and CPU usage (and low fps)

Cetro2

Well I get around 30-35 fps, but my GPU usage is around 50 percent. Same with the CPU, and I have plenty of unused RAM and vRAM.
I do seem to get a bit more fps then that in cities, and if I turn ENB off I'm at a stable 60 fps. The problem is that something is clearly bottlenecking me and I have no idea what. I know that Oldrim used a 32 bit engine and that bottlenecked me there, but SSE is 64 bit, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Did anything like that happen to anyone else?

I have a VEGA 56 and an i5 8600. 16GB RAM.

Edited by Cetro2

Since no one has tried to help I'll give it a try. I can think of a few things that cause your problem. Is your gpu or cpu overheating and throttling? Since you get 60 fps when you turn off the enb that could be because the gpu/cpu overheats and throttles due to the stress of having enb on. You should get stuttering if that is happening. Does your enb have a fps limit set?

Have you changed the maximum pre-rendered frames also known as FlipQueueSize in the registry for the gpu? If you change it from the default that can cause issues with some games.

I have a 980 ti@1920x1080p, i7-4790k and 16gb ram. My fps usually stays around 60 with cpu and gpu usage around 45%. Sometimes I get lag spikes around falkreath and whiterun.

A lot of people don't have their ram speed set right. You need to set the XMP profile for your ram or it will be default around 1333 or 1600 instead of 1866 or 3200Mhz or whatever it was rated for. If you didn't set your ram speed it may not make much difference with games anyway.

Edited by Elanderan

• 1 year later...

I have a 3800XT @ 4.625ghz, 16gb 3800mhz Cl14 ram, and an Rx590 @ 1600core/2250mem.

I should be able to get 60fps with everything on Ultra, yet I'm getting 20-30fps with everything on low and medium. I've tried changing all the settings and nothing helps. My gpu is running sporadically, barely even being used. Radeon Settings says I'm getting 55-60fps and 16ms frame times but that's def not true.