Morrowind May Modathon 2019: Release a mod and win prizes

BigBizkit

In response to post #69772193.

Morgrim wrote: I presume only brand new mods count? Not me finally getting around to transferring my old mods to Nexus now that PlanetElderScrolls is dead?

Aye, it's only new mods or previously never released before mods (as some people do release modding projects they've been working on for years with the Modathon). Though you should still totally re-upload your mods on the Nexus, there's still a pretty active modding scene here and I'm sure people would appreciate them. Also, it looks like at least one of your mods was saved from PES on Morrowind Modding History, but MMH is more historical archives, not many people know to look on there.

I made some mods for Morrowind back in the day. No idea what happened to them, and I made a LOT of mistakes - some of them fatal to the character. My favorite was some cheat armor or clothing with massive amounts of levitate on it.

In response to post #69781508.

grvulture wrote: Can I participate with one of my old mods in Modathon?
I've never added my Morrowind mods to Nexus, but I was a Hall of Famer in planetelderscrolls back in the days...

I'm afraid the competition is really only for new or previously unreleased mods. Having said that, I gotta say I always liked your Imperial and Bitter Coast texture packs from back in the day, we've actually showcased some of them in the past. Also, don't know if you know this, but all of your mods are still available on Morrowind Modding History, they managed to copy almost everything from PES before the collapse.

Edited by darkelfguy

In response to post #69781508. #69781803 is also a reply to the same post.

I've never added my Morrowind mods to Nexus, but I was a Hall of Famer in planetelderscrolls back in the days...
darkelfguy wrote:
In response to post #69781508.

I'm afraid the competition is really only for new or previously unreleased mods. Having said that, I gotta say I always liked your Imperial and Bitter Coast texture packs from back in the day, we've actually showcased some of them in the past. Also, don't know if you know this, but all of your mods are still available on Morrowind Modding History, they managed to copy almost everything from PES before the collapse.

Yes, I'm aware everything I made for Morrowind is in MMH, which I find totally in order, as long as they are available to the community.
And I've seen your showcases in the past, thank you so much for that! I wanted to thank you by commenting on the videos, but I thought that would be too obnoxious, so I stayed silent.

Having said that myself, I gotta say it makes total sense that only new or unreleased mods get to participate. Hopefully some more awesome mods will get published that way!

Morrowind was so important for me, I'm always happy to see people still working hard on it. I have not modded for it since long ago, as I diverted my work for Fallout 3 and NV, but I still like to see what people do on Morrowind. I'll be cheering for the contestants.

In response to post #69781053.

Deadlykris wrote: I made some mods for Morrowind back in the day. No idea what happened to them, and I made a LOT of mistakes - some of them fatal to the character. My favorite was some cheat armor or clothing with massive amounts of levitate on it.

Levitating clothing was so fun!

How many mods have been published in this half month?

I don't remember a so active month in MW modding since 2003 probably.

Thanks to moddaton promoters to help this to happen.

Thanks to old modders to return to active modding and new modders to start modding this fantastic experience.

And congratulations to all MW players!!!

I'm going to start a new game today with many of the difficulty and balance new mods and tens of other fantastic mods of the las months.

I'm really tempted to start modding myself. I modded a lot in these 17 years but always for own use. Maybe it's time to help a bit in this MW rebirth!

Edited by AndaluciaCreativa

• 3 weeks later...
In response to post #70176668.

AndaluciaCreativa wrote:

How many mods have been published in this half month?

I don't remember a so active month in MW modding since 2003 probably.

Thanks to moddaton promoters to help this to happen.

Thanks to old modders to return to active modding and new modders to start modding this fantastic experience.

And congratulations to all MW players!!!

I'm going to start a new game today with many of the difficulty and balance new mods and tens of other fantastic mods of the las months.

I'm really tempted to start modding myself. I modded a lot in these 17 years but always for own use. Maybe it's time to help a bit in this MW rebirth!

Aye, its been an amazing month! We had about 240 mods submitted for the Modathon, which aye, is probably the most active the Morrowind Modding Community has been since the days of Morrowind Summit! It truly is a new golden age of Morrowind modding!

But anyway, if you need a full list of participating mods, including a post organizing them all into categories, you can find one here: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/7602730-morrowind-may-modathon-month-2019-celebrating-17-years-of-morrowind/

And yeah, I'd definitely recommend getting into modding and releasing mods, the community could always use more mods and modders, and this is definitely an exciting time to be involved in the modding scene! :)