Landsmeet duel bug

dudi4155

Glad you got it sorted!

Save files can also be safely edited using a small utility, pyGFF; this is especially useful when trying to edit larger save files, as the toolset is often unable to open them.

Damn, that would have come in handy. I just used a 4GB patch on the toolsets executable, but it still crashed sometimes due to running out of memory. Guess I'll have to remember about pyGFF for the future. Thanks!

Edited by dudi4155

duddi4155 I don't know why but I am running the toolset in windows 10 and I didn't have to hack anything at all just installed per instructions off of you tube. I'm glad you have it working but some one out there has the fix I just haven't seen it in over a year.

• 4 months later...

Noticed some misinformation earlier in this discussion re the toolset. It does NOT require MS SQL server 2005. It requires AT LEAST SQL server 2005; 2005 is just the version that Bioware packaged with the toolset. The toolset runs perfectly well with at least both SQL server 2008 and 2012, and the install I did with the latter (2012) was the least problematic one I ever had. (I made my choice of 2012 based on this info.)

And the install advice from Nezroy in this thread is the best I've encountered.

tl, dr; there are much better options than SQL 2005 for recent Windows operating systems.

• 11 months later...

Jeebus, i think it's 3 playthroughs now from new game -> Landsmeet and I finally broke down and did the research to FINALLY get past this point and get some closure with this game. Thanks Dudi and theskymoves for both of your great advice. Just fyi for anyone having this undying Logain bug during the Landsmeet duel, others' advice of console commands/killing npcs doesn't work. But Dudi's advice on altering the save file and deleting the spell effects as well as theskymoves' link to the pyGFF program work perfectly and as explained. Thanks again to you both.