Error Message: "Archive Damaged" While Trying To Install SSE Mods

vladgm

Whenever I Try To Install A Mod Using Vortex I Get The Error Message

"Archive Damaged.

Encountered Errors Extracting this Archive. Please Verify this file was downloaded correctly.

ERROR:Can not create output directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Vortex\skyrimse\mods\Race Menu Special Edition v0-3-4-19080-0-3-4-1552536348.installing\ System ERROR: Access is denied."

How Do I Fix This

Download the archive manually. Use 7Zip to test the archive for errors. If the archive is OK, then drag and drop it into the Vortex drop box and install.

I Tried That And It Said That "there are no errors" and it still gives me the same error message in vortex.

Download the archive manually. Use 7Zip to test the archive for errors. If the archive is OK, then drag and drop it into the Vortex drop box and install.

I Tried That And It Said That "there are no errors" and it still gives me the same error message in vortex.

Are you having the same problem with other mods, or is the problem restricted to just this one mod?

Are you having the same problem with other mods, or is the problem restricted to just this one mod?

Im Having Problems With All Mods

Guest deleted34304850

i know what you've done here and how to resolve it, but given the tone of your last post, there's zero chance of me providing a solution to you, given you lack basic manners. I've reported your last post to the mods. good luck.

Edited by 1ae0bfb8

Whenever I Try To Install A Mod Using Vortex I Get The Error Message

Â

"Archive Damaged.   Â

Encountered Errors Extracting this Archive. Please Verify this file was downloaded correctly.

ERROR:Can not create output directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Vortex\skyrimse\mods\Race Menu Special Edition v0-3-4-19080-0-3-4-1552536348.installing\ System ERROR: Access is denied."

How Do I Fix This

Hmm, going by your error, it seems you've put the "mod staging folder" under the main Vortex executable directory. For one the Vortex directory is write-protected and for this reason you get "access denied". For another, next time Vortex updates, the contents of Vortex and all sub-directories are deleted, and for this reason you should never use any sub directories of Vortex application folder for any mod related stuff.

To fix, in Vortex under Settings, change "mod staging folder" to another location. Do not use any location under "program files" or "program files (x86)".

Instead you can example use

C:\games\vortex\skyrimse\mods