Why in the Construction Set do most of the counts and countesses have the Knight rank instead of Count/Countess

TonyT316

• 6 months later...

Just a failure on the part of whoever made the NPC. Lots of those internal inconsistances where there do not matter to quests, AI Packages, topics etc.(and quite a few where they do matter, as well).

The closer you look at Oblivion's insides the more you realize how slapdash it is. It's just a happy accident most of it "Just works."

I don't know what Oblivion's development was like, but I get the feeling the writing and gameplay teams spent very little time interacting with each other.

Something that always stuck out to me was that Conjurer dungeons are frequently cluttered with things you'd typically associate with Necromancers; corpses strapped to tables surrounded by gory tools and such.

Edited by Radioactivelad

• 2 months later...

Something that always stuck out to me was that Conjurer dungeons are frequently cluttered with things you'd typically associate with Necromancers; corpses strapped to tables surrounded by gory tools and such.

But aren't necromancers conjurers, so what's the difference. Perhaps the conjurers have taken over a dungeon from the necromancers.

But aren't necromancers conjurers, so what's the difference. Perhaps the conjurers have taken over a dungeon from the necromancers.

The conjurers plot with the daedras whereas thE necromancers want to reach the immortality by becoming liches, so they have a big difference.

I suppose Bethsoft hastily replaced the necromancers with conjurers in some dungeons late in the game's development to add more diversity or for whatever reason.

Edited by Oblivionaddicted

• 3 weeks later...

The closer you look at Oblivion's insides the more you realize how slapdash it is. It's just a happy accident most of it "Just works."

I don't know what Oblivion's development was like, but I get the feeling the writing and gameplay teams spent very little time interacting with each other.

Most of it is really that the development was under extremely tight time constraints near the end of release and at one point they essentially had to gut the game of hundreds of resources in order to fit onto a single standard size DVD (requirement for Xbox). The most clear evidence of this is in how the voice variety is very limited and in some cases broken (people changing voice mid dialogue). But other resources and clutter were also likely never made because time ran out. There are a handful of quests which were not fully, indicating that there was more variety in some encounters planned. Conjurers in particular were likely added as a desperate afterthought because they wanted more variety than just necromancers, goblins, and bandits everywhere.

Edited by Vagrant0