Workshop: Change hostile NPCs used for attacks?

I've been working on a mod to increase the intensity and frequency of settlement attacks. So far, it's all going well. Attacks are regular, massive, and difficult.

The problem I've been having is that the NPCs attacking are...not what I would call ideal. The game is spawning the highest-level actors it can find - and only those actors. I've seen settlements attacked by 7-10 raiders all with missile launchers. I've seen tiny, three-person shanties hit by waves of nothing but charred ferals and bloated glowing ghouls. It all looks - and plays - hideously bad.

I'd like to change it so that the game uses more balanced attack groups, or at least selects lower-level enemies more often. I've made a few cursory looks around to see if there are any levelled lists or specific characters used for these attacks, but I've found nothing.

So, with all that said, my question's pretty simple:

Is it possible to change what NPCs are used as attackers when an attack is launched against a settlement?

I'm using a kludged set of personal tweaks with a basic Workshop Framework installation and More Attackers. I'm still riding with training wheels when it comes to Fallout 4 modding, so I'm not trying anything ambitious.

I realized something was really wrong after I ran into an attack of about twelve mirelurk queens on a settlement about the size of a sandbox. Turned out to be More Attackers behind it. That got me doing some investigation, and I found out on my own that attacking NPCs are laid out in quest aliases. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm going to concentrate my efforts there.

Edited by PAPVAFS11