Oblivion Reloaded 7.0 new shadows and weather system?

CarlosS4444

Hi, could anybody explain what the OR 7.0's new features are?

Changelog is a bit vague... What's this new weater system? What about shadows? Is it a replacement for fine mods like All Natural and Shademe, or are they just some smaller additions?

The weather system (which was also in OR 6.5) is mostly coloring options.

Weather All Natural is still relevant and they should be totally compatible.

The new Shadows should be a step-up from shademe:

Alenet has stated:

Next OR implementation will be shadows for all statics (same implementation for NVR), while Skyrim already has them. As i finish NVR, i will do that.
shademe use the internal engine and enable the shadows for all objects using the normal way oblivion uses for actors. this drops performance and introduce several problems. Shadows must be rendered in an other way. It is not the correct way. I will use the Skyrim method on Oblivion.

Source: http://tesreloaded.com/thread/531/alenet-status?page=1&scrollTo=3509

Hope this helps...

The weather system (which was also in OR 6.5) is mostly coloring options.

Weather All Natural is still relevant and they should be totally compatible.

The new Shadows should be a step-up from shademe:

Alenet has stated:

Next OR implementation will be shadows for all statics (same implementation for NVR), while Skyrim already has them. As i finish NVR, i will do that.

shademe use the internal engine and enable the shadows for all objects using the normal way oblivion uses for actors. this drops performance and introduce several problems. Shadows must be rendered in an other way. It is not the correct way. I will use the Skyrim method on Oblivion.

Source: http://tesreloaded.com/thread/531/alenet-status?page=1&scrollTo=3509

Hope this helps...

Yeah, it helps indeed, thank you! Now to hope that new OR will work for me, as it wasn't the case with 6.5.