Dead Money - Keep Your Stuff mod. Safe to uninstall?

UlyssesSinclair

Relatively simple question, but it's not one that's been asked in the post tab for the mod.

For those of you who don't know, it's just a small script that makes it so that--when you go the the Sierra Madre--your equipment isn't taken away from you. It's kind of a one and done type deal, ya know, and I don't really wanna take up a spot in my load order for a mod that becomes redundant after it's been used.

I just don't know if that will cause any real issues down the line or anything--I'm fairly confident it won't, but I figured I'd ask just in case someone else has used it and done this. Worst case scenario... I dunno, I add some irrelevant stuff to the mod like recipes, changes in textures/meshes, and any other little nit-picky thing I feel like fiddling around with to make it stay useful.

Haven't seen any reports specific to that mod. Sounds like it is likely to work, but here is the general advice:

Any time you remove a plugin from your current play-through you risk corrupting your save game files. This is because they typically store information there as to the state of their variables and quests. If you picked up a unique (non-vanilla) item added by a mod, that item (like any item you pick up) is stored in the save game, but also requires the plugin it came from to be available as that item's "source records". Hence the general advice to never remove a plugin from your current game. At the very least, if you think they are "completed" and you have not kept any of their "unique" items, make sure you know which was the last save game prior to removing the mod and are prepared to have to revert back to it when things go wrong later on (no matter how many hours later that may be). Perform a "Clean Save" (see the 'Clean Saves' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article) after removing the plugin and before resuming play, even once you go back to a previous save.

-Dubious-