Good NWN2 modding forum?

dorn2

I recently restarted playing this and I noticed the Bioware modding forums are completely dead. I assume discussion has moved somewhere though. Anyone know some good places to discuss general NWN2 modding howto?

They're not dead. The modding forums are still receiving new posts daily. You might not be scrolling down past the old stickied posts to see the current ones.

Hmm there's occasional posts in the general forums but the custom content forums last post was 27 days ago. Looking at the toolset forum I guess that's like 2 posts a day. I guess that's not dead but are there any other forums more active?

You're missing something. The last post in the NWN2 custom content subform was 4 hours ago. Scripting, 5 hours ago, toolset 1 day ago, modules 1 hour ago, tech support 3 hours ago, general 1 hour ago. As I said in the previous post, you have to scroll down past the stickied threads. Edited by Tchos

You're missing something. The last post in the NWN2 custom content subform was 4 hours ago. Scripting, 5 hours ago, toolset 1 day ago, modules 1 hour ago, tech support 3 hours ago, general 1 hour ago. As I said in the previous post, you have to scroll down past the stickied threads.

No when I made this thread the last post in that forum was 27 days ago. Then someone posted something. I'm guessing for whatever reason people just don't use that subforum.

The real problem is all the tutorials and info are gone. Every time I go to search for whatever I find a discussion pointing to a thread on the old bioware forums that now appears to be gone.

when I made this thread the last post in that forum was 27 days ago. Then someone posted something.

No, it wasn't. There are 9 topics in the Custom Content subforum alone that have had posts made in them less than 27 days ago. It's right there in the topic list. Anyone can see it by looking.

The real problem is all the tutorials and info are gone. Every time I go to search for whatever I find a discussion pointing to a thread on the old bioware forums that now appears to be gone.

That much is accurate.

No, it wasn't.

It definitely was. I checked extremely carefully after you made that comment. I suspect it had something to do with not being logged in but who knows. I too noticed it changed drastically somehow.

Well, if you're going to say it was just some glitch that you experienced, then there's nothing I can say to that. I trust that you can now confirm that there are indeed dozens of posts in that subforum and in the others I mentioned, which you can see by their time stamps were posted both before and during our exchange here, both more recently than 27 days ago, and less recently than your initial post.

Tchos is correct. The last post in a sticky thread is currently 29 days old, but there are 9-10 threads with more recent posts, they's simply below the numerous stickies. One reason for the slow posting, other than the age of the game and the size of the community of course, is most of the custom content issues are known about by the current modding community, so there is less need to ask questions.