Custom 1hm_unequip.hkx not working

I just downloaded one of GomaPudding's follower mods. It's a follower with very custom ninja-like moves. I downloaded this mod to access those animation files as I want to use them on my own character. I'm not a modder or anything but I can rename hkx files (wow amazing), extremely basic stuff. However with this mod I ran into a weird problem.
The 1hm_unequip.hkx animation is acting up. when i choose this animation in PCEA2 my character can no longer sprint or jump unless I equip the weapon. if i run and sheathe my weapon my character's weapon will not be sheathed, so i have to stand still to use the 1hm_unequip.hkx animation properly, I'm fine with that. however now I can't sprint or jump.. Actually all of the files except 1hm_attackpower.hkx and 1hm_attackpowerfwd.hkx do not work. This follower mod does come with scripts, but still the animation should work right? How do I fix the unequip animation, I really want to use it.

The follower and mod is scripted, I've activated the mod (esp plugin) and the scripts to see if that somehow changed how my character uses the animations. it did nothing. Is there a way to make those scripts apply to me? I have no knowledge of scripts so I'm kinda lost here. Would appreciate any help, thanks in advance.

According to some comments under one of the mod author's (GomaPudding) videos showcasing the mod the animations are incompatible with PCEA2. why is this? I'll link the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRKi7zqOxk8&feature=youtu.be&t=93