Automatorn armor: error no strings file for lstring id 00000025

XxRarityx17

Why is this happening, and how can I fix it?

I found this forum on github which mentions this exact problem briefly. https://github.com/z-edit/zedit/issues/37 But im not really sure how to go about solving the issue.

On a side note, I used the console to search for 'help "robot chest" 4' which shows the armor and their names just fine. I added the item to my inv and it was fine? Then, I spawned some rust devils using the console. They all had the glitch - named armor on. I also tried uninstalling mods which modify armor in game, but none of these seem to be having any effect.

• 1 year later...

The game can't find STRINGS-files (files with localization) for Automatron DLC. And it's weird because these files are packed into "DLCCoast - Main.ba2" archive. Maybe language of this archive doesn't match a language of your game? For example you are playing with French localization but this BA2 is from English version (it's just an example). Try to verify game installation in Steam.

Edited by yuser

The game can't find STRINGS-files (files with localization) for Automatron DLC. And it's weird because these files are packed into "DLCCoast - Main.ba2" archive. Maybe language of this archive doesn't match a language of your game? For example you are playing with French localization but this BA2 is from English version (it's just an example). Try to verify game installation in Steam.

I haven't modified the language of my game in any way, it's English same as the day I installed it.

Similar issue here, can't even edit the name in fo4edit. Did you manage to get it to work?

I never fully fixed the issue, at least with robot armor. Back when I used to have Full Dialogue interface, I was able to get the LOOKUP FAILED! - Full Dialogue Interface and creation club fix which fixed a few issues related to this, but never the robot armor specifically. If you have FDI I recommend trying the patch.

Recently, my automatron has started to get even more corrupted somehow. Now the armor just simply doesn't have a name. It's blank. I've heard rumors from other random conversations that I've peaked into that this is related to the creation club breaking certain string files in older installs of fallout 4. So there's a good chance that this is a problem with vanilla fallout 4 and not related to any of your mods :/

Check if you have files with DLSTRINGS/ILSTRINGS/STRINGS extensions in your Data directory. You mentioned FDI, probably some orphaned files from it were left after its removing. If you are using mod manager that stores files not in Data directory (Mod Organizer, probably Vortex - never used it), check if mods with files with above mentioned extensions are enabled.

Search for files DLCRobot_en.DLSTRINGS, DLCRobot_en.ILSTRINGS, DLCRobot_en.STRINGS.