Evil Character ONLY Quests?

Ganit

I've long been playing the bad guy and I've grown bored of that and wanted to make a heroic play-through. However, there are quite (read: most) a few of the daedric and side quests I have yet to do. I've really only done the main guilds and the main quest.

So, I'm wondering how many quests I'll flat-out have to miss being the good guy? I don't mind it staying in my journal if I resolved it in some way--say killing the leader of the bad guys (Taste of Death can be done this way, right?) I'm not looking for an accurate number or anything, just a general idea of what and how many quests there is NO way to handle morally.

Thanks in advance guys!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I play as a good guy I do all the quests, including the thieves guild and dark brotherhood, you may have no choice if your trying to get all the dragon shouts there's a dragon word wall in the dark brotherhood Sanctuary!..

you could gain access to the dark brotherhood Sanctuary kill them all and then collect a reward from a imperial commanmder, I never did this yet, so not sure where this commander is!..

see wiki on destroying the dark brotherhood http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Destroy_the_Dark_Brotherhood!

Edited by sinnerman69

Sinnerman69, the commander of which you speak in located in Dragon Bridge.

At some level, half of the Daedric quests will be off-limits to a character who is a strict moralist and who would still like the rewards for doing them. Azura and Meridia are obvious choices as "good Daedra" (let's not get into that sullied argument about whether or not Daedra can understand good and evil, by the way -- this is not the venue for that philosophical discussion). Shegorath's quest, unlike his quest in Oblivion doesn't really tug at my moral sensibilities. Neither does Sanguine's, not discounting the fact that it involves a wedding ring and a goat. I'd say that Clavicus Vile's quest is OK, as is Malacath's and Hircine's. There's only one little place in Hermaeus Mora's quest that might raise an eyebrow. That's about half of them that are possible to do without too much soul-searching, although I'm sure some people will find something wrong with every single Daedra.

There's nothing inherently wrong with Nocturnal's quest, except for the fact that you can't do it unless you're willing to complete the Thieve's Guild main quest.

If your goal is to just begin a Daedric quest and then turn it upside down, Namira's is a good one for that. So is Vaermina's. You can also refuse to complete Mehrunes Dagon's quest and still get it completed in your log. All of these are quests where the player is actually allowed to make a moral choice once the goal of the quest becomes known. I'm not sure about Boethiah's quest, since I've never completed it and retired the character that got suckered into doing it.

Sinnerman69, the commander of which you speak in located in Dragon Bridge.

At some level, half of the Daedric quests will be off-limits to a character who is a strict moralist and who would still like the rewards for doing them. Azura and Meridia are obvious choices as "good Daedra" (let's not get into that sullied argument about whether or not Daedra can understand good and evil, by the way -- this is not the venue for that philosophical discussion). Shegorath's quest, unlike his quest in Oblivion doesn't really tug at my moral sensibilities. Neither does Sanguine's, not discounting the fact that it involves a wedding ring and a goat. I'd say that Clavicus Vile's quest is OK, as is Malacath's and Hircine's. There's only one little place in Hermaeus Mora's quest that might raise an eyebrow. That's about half of them that are possible to do without too much soul-searching, although I'm sure some people will find something wrong with every single Daedra.

There's nothing inherently wrong with Nocturnal's quest, except for the fact that you can't do it unless you're willing to complete the Thieve's Guild main quest.

If your goal is to just begin a Daedric quest and then turn it upside down, Namira's is a good one for that. So is Vaermina's. You can also refuse to complete Mehrunes Dagon's quest and still get it completed in your log. All of these are quests where the player is actually allowed to make a moral choice once the goal of the quest becomes known. I'm not sure about Boethiah's quest, since I've never completed it and retired the character that got suckered into doing it.

Boethiah's quest basically can't be done by a good character without compromising morals.

Mehrunes Dagon's I did as a good character and completed without compromising my "no killing innocents or people not trying to kill me" rule purely by accident: when offered the choice of "kill or refuse to complete" I exited the conversation rather than picking either option, which caused the person you're asked to kill to attack me. Didn't have any issue with putting my sword through him then. :thumbsup:

I know people argue about Daedra, but personally I think Meridia's quest should almost be REQUIRED of a good character, given what she tells you to go and do with your reward.

I understand about Boethiah and morality, tetradite. My comment was with regard to the ability to back out of the quest and not have it still jamming your journal.

Seeing that Mehrune's Razor in its vanilla configuration is practically useless compared to much better weapons that are available, I really don't even see the point in doing his quest except to purge it from my journal. This is yet another quest that the game forces on you whether you want it or not -- one of the few really irksome features of a game that I otherwise really enjoy. Since I never actually use Mehrune's Razor in the game (except for my first couple play-throughs), I usually opt to let the guy live. The second time I did the quest I figured out you can just escape out of the dialog and he'll eventually go aggro on you. I suppose some people can then kill him with minimal moral compunctions, but the reward you get for killing a guy with his back to the wall is still so minimal that I have a hard time justifying it.

I understand about Boethiah and morality, tetradite. My comment was with regard to the ability to back out of the quest and not have it still jamming your journal.

Seeing that Mehrune's Razor in its vanilla configuration is practically useless compared to much better weapons that are available, I really don't even see the point in doing his quest except to purge it from my journal. This is yet another quest that the game forces on you whether you want it or not -- one of the few really irksome features of a game that I otherwise really enjoy. Since I never actually use Mehrune's Razor in the game (except for my first couple play-throughs), I usually opt to let the guy live. The second time I did the quest I figured out you can just escape out of the dialog and he'll eventually go aggro on you. I suppose some people can then kill him with minimal moral compunctions, but the reward you get for killing a guy with his back to the wall is still so minimal that I have a hard time justifying it.

I was agreeing with you :thumbsup:

Re Mehrune's, all depends on your character's motivations I guess. I'm a treasure hunter, pretty much my sole purpose in Skyrim is to collect unique and interesting things. There pretty much aren't any that aren't tied to the Daedric quests one way or another. Plus the razor looks funky. There's more to a weapon than it's damage stats.

My problem now will come with replays, I did what I did by accident last time, and he put me in a kill or be killed scenario. But, now I KNOW that this will happen, I'll have trouble justifying doing that again if I'm playing a similar character.

Very much agree about the game railroading you and cluttering the journal though.

In Boethiah's quest you can refuse to kill your follower and purge the entire Sacellum. (They're Daedra worshippers after all, so killing them may be considered "good".)

As for the Dagon's quest... That guy (Silus Vesuius) opened a museum of the Mythic Dawn. I mean, he opened a museum of the Mythic Dawn! An organisation responsible for the Oblivion Crisis! And you hesitate to kill him? Imagine a guy trying to open a museum of al-Qaeda! When I played a "good" girl, I reforged the Razor, killed Silus, and dropped the Razor from the bone bridge in Sovngarde. And burned Silus's museum.

In Boethiah's quest you can refuse to kill your follower and purge the entire Sacellum. (They're Daedra worshippers after all, so killing them may be considered "good".)...

That's what I did in my first game. Didn't know what would happen but their whole shtick just seemed too evil for my char's liking and she figured that, yeah, exterminating the lot of them was for the greater good. Was kinda blown away when Boethiah still appeared and I got the "sacrifice someone at the alter" or whatever thing as the next quest stage just like if my char would have accepted the first worshipper's offer to do the same thing. So I just never completed the quest... just like my char woulda done if she accepted the first offer.

So, yeah, doing that quest is evil no matter how you slice it. (No pun... etc)

About Boethia...I've been on the lookout for a dirtbag to sacrifice...someone that won't be missed. Any ideas?

The DB, the TG, Namira's Cannibals....Dawnguard Vampires....are you aligned with any of these factions?....As I think the victim needs to be a possible follower don't they?.....Delphine.... :devil: ....she can always be console commanded to follow and loose her 'essential' status.... :devil:

Edited by StayFrosty05