• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

FIREFLY11

FIREFLY11

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

I don't know if anyone has experienced this glitch themselves on PC (I've only ever played DAO on PS3 & am in the process of getting the PC version), but once I completed the "A Paragon of Her Kind" main quest, I happened to look in my "Completed Quests" section & saw something VERY strange:  The quest "Of Noble Birth" appeared & said (I'm paraphrasing here; it's been a while) that you failed to secure your son's birthright, denying him the life he deserves.  Since I only ever play as a female human noble, I can't begin to tell you what's wrong with this!  Again, I've only ever played DAO on PS3, but this has come up EVERY time & I was curious to know if I'll be seeing this when I get my PC version.

Thanks,

FIREFLY11

theskymoves

theskymoves

Mrs Grumpy Girdle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

It's a known bug that was never addressed by Bioware and it happens for everyone. (See here.)

There's at least one community fix for the issue... I used this one, but there may be others.

FIREFLY11

FIREFLY11

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Hmm...interesting to find that out.  Now I know it wasn't just some weird quirk with my system.  I guess with a game as expansive as Origins, some things are bound to get past QA.  Thanks for the info as well as the bug fix, & thanks for acting as a "Forum Guide" with all the helpful info you provide in the posts!  : )

Thandal

Thandal

Faithful Kobold Companion

• Moderators
  • 23,176 posts

@FIREFLY11;  IIRC, "Qwinn's Ultimate DAO Fixpack" also prevents this glitch from occurring.  (Plus correcting over 750 more BioWare oversights and errors!)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: orzammar

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.063 seconds