[WIP] Project Extend And Change Everything (PEACE)

antistar

Project Extend And Change Everything (PEACE)

Downloads

- WARS - Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite
- PEACE - Project Extend And Change Everything
- War and Peace - WARS-PEACE Compatibility Patch
- The War Room - WARS Compatibility Patches
- Peace In Our Time - PEACE Compatibility Patches

Better Armory Mod (BAM) - Weapon Racks and More
Download: Better Armory Mod (BAM)

BAM features some of the new Workshop items added by PEACE, split off into a standalone mod. The new items are themed around building armoury or gunsmith-workshop type locations.

Note: Everything below this point in the post - and everything in the second post - is considered outdated legacy information now. Refer to the Nexus pages above for up-to-date info.

Project Extend And Change Everything (PEACE) doesn't set out to change everything - it's just an awkward backronym. PEACE is WARS' sister mod - WAR(S) and PEACE, you see? The two mods can be used separately, but they are designed to be used together.

Where WARS is an overhaul targeting Fallout 4's weaponry and combat mechanics, PEACE is an overhaul targeting everything else that I think needed attention. The general aim is to steer the game in more of an "immersive sim" direction. As that implies, this involves changing things to be more believable (realism is a reference point but not necessarily the end-goal), as well as adding/expanding mechanics in an attempt at improved immersion.

The Mod Features section (below, in the second post) contains an exhaustive list of changes and additions in PEACE, but here's a brief summary (WIP - subject to change):

- Encumbrance overhaul: Strength is still important, but now you *need* Load-Bearing Equipment (LBE) like backpacks, pockets and pouches to be able to carry much of anything.
--- A character's STR value determines how much of a Carry Weight (CW) bonus is provided by any given piece of LBE.
--- A range of backpacks were added; found worn by NPCs, at vendors, etc.
--- Existing clothes now act as LBE via their pockets (and some can be upgraded).
--- "Pocketed" and "Deep Pocketed" armour mods now provide STR-based CW bonuses.
--- Power armour now has its own set of LBE mods, attached to new "Storage" mod slots on arm, leg and torso armour pieces.
--- Armour/clothing weighs less when equipped. 50% less by default, down to nothing at all with successive ranks in the Strong Back perk.
--- Equipped weapons compensate for their own weight plus a full load of ammo. If it's in your hands, it's not in your pack.
--- Armour now has Strength requirements (and penalties if they're not met). Certain armour mods can reduce and even negate these requirements, however.

- Medical Treatment and Chems
--- Stimpaks no longer heal injured limbs.
--- New items:
----- Healing Powder. Returning from Fallout: New Vegas, this is less effective than a Stimpak and has a temporary Perception penalty, but is easier to find and craft.
----- Hydra. Also returning from New Vegas, this rapidly heals injured limbs but has an addiction chance.
----- Medical Braces. Equipped like armour pieces, these slowly heal injured limbs, but are cumbersome.
----- Power Armour Medical Braces. Function like regular medical braces, but are not cumbersome. They do take up the "Misc" mod slot, however.
--- Survival Mode chems were changed to make somewhat more sense.

- These Things Take Time: Many actions that logically should take time now advance in-game time.
--- E.g. Crafting, item modification, settlement construction.
--- Settlement construction actions take less time the more settlers you have.
--- Can be configured or disabled via an MCM menu.

- Butchery System
--- Animals no longer have meat and other body parts in their inventory on death. Instead, you need to butcher them.
--- Requires an equipped knife/machete/etc.
--- Takes time (and more time the larger the animal is), may pose a disease risk, and the smell of blood may attract a predator...
--- ... But you'll gain MUCH more meat, bones, hides, etc than in the base game.

- Magical effects removed (and replaced where possible): This is Fallout, not The Elder Scrolls.
--- Clothes are not enchanted robes, and food and drink are not magic potions.
--- Legendary Armour effects that would require magic to function have been removed and replaced.
----- (Limited to armour because WARS handles Legendary weapon effects.)

- Plus many more changes and new additions across the game. See the Mod Features section below for more information.

Screenshots and Videos

Screenshots

- Backpacks 01
- Backpacks 02
- Backpacks 03
- Backpacks 04
- Backpacks 05

- Armoury Items 01
- Armoury Items 02
- Armoury Items 03
- Armoury Items 04
- Armoury Items 05
- M12 Weapon Rack 01
- M12 Weapon Rack 02
- M12 Weapon Rack 03
- M12 Weapon Rack 04
- M12 Weapon Rack 05
- M14 Pistol Rack 01
- Pistol Rack 01
- Pistol Rack 02
- Rifle Rack 01
- Rifle Rack 02
- Rifle Rack 03

- Butchery System 01

- Camping 01
- Camping 02
- Camping 03

- Camping Hatchet 01

- Cap ATM 01

- Food Features 01
- Food Features 02
- Food Features 03
- Food Features 04

- Medical Braces 01
- Medical Braces 02

- MREs 01

- Plastic Bowl Containers 01

- Portable Water Filter 01

- Power Armour LBE 01
- Power Armour LBE 02
- Power Armour LBE 03
- Power Armour LBE 04
- Power Armour LBE 05
- Power Armour LBE 06
- Power Armour LBE 07
- Power Armour LBE 08
- Power Armour LBE 09
- Power Armour LBE 10
- Power Armour LBE 11
- Power Armour LBE 12
- Power Armour LBE 13
- Power Armour LBE 14
- Power Armour LBE 15
- Power Armour LBE 16
- Power Armour LBE 17
- Power Armour LBE 18

- Purified Water Bucket 01

- Robot Cargo Carriers 01
- Robot Cargo Carriers 02
- Robot Cargo Carriers 03
- Robot Cargo Carriers 04
- Robot Cargo Carriers 05
- Robot Cargo Carriers 06
- Robot Cargo Carriers 07
- Robot Cargo Carriers 08
- Robot Cargo Carriers 09
- Robot Cargo Carriers 10
- Robot Cargo Carriers 11
- Robot Cargo Carriers 12
- Robot Cargo Carriers 13
- Robot Cargo Carriers 14
- Robot Cargo Carriers 15
- Robot Cargo Carriers 16

Videos

- Butchery System 01
- Butchery System Outtake
- Camping and Sleep Ambush System 01

Edited by antistar

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FAQ

Q) When will the mod be released?

A) I don't know yet. It's too difficult to predict how long the various bits of remaining work will take to complete. You can follow my progress in this WIP thread, however. (Incidentally - and at the risk of stating the obvious - mod authors hate being asked this question.)

Q) Will this mod be released on XB1?

A) Unlike WARS, I don't foresee PEACE requiring F4SE (directly or via a requirement that itself requires F4SE, as in WARS' case), so... maybe if people really want it? I really do see WARS and PEACE as sister mods, so having access to only one of them may not appeal to people. On the other hand of course, I'm keeping the two mods separate explicitly so that people can use just one of them if they want. In other words it probably will come down to XB1 users wanting it or not.

Commentary

This is where I record various thoughts on the design of PEACE.

I've talked about PEACE occasionally in the WARS WIP thread, so if you're very curious about my thoughts behind PEACE, you may want to go to the WARS WIP thread and search it for "peace". You can just use the search field that sits at the top right of every page on this forum for that.

The problem with Bethesda's "Survival Mode"

(Spoilers: It's because they designed it as a difficulty setting.)

People often refer to "survival" games and "survival" gameplay mechanics; like the need for a character to eat, drink, sleep, etc. Maybe medical concerns more complicated than losing and gaining Hit Points - that sort of thing.

I feel like there may be the perception among some people that survival games and games with these kinds of mechanics are difficult or "hardcore" or something - and that they are difficult because of these mechanics.

I don't see it that way. I see "survival" mechanics as things that aid immersion, in other words making a character you're controlling in a game feel more like an actual person and not a robot. "Immersion" is an over-used and abused term these days of course, which is unfortunate because I think it's incredibly important in a lot of games - e.g. the games BGS makes, obviously. I think it adds more weight to the amazing things you get up to in games if you feel more grounded in the simulation - in the world that's being created. If you're no more than a floating pair of hands holding a gun up close to the camera - no need to ever eat or drink or sleep, able to carry well over double your own body weight in an invisible "backpack", and unlimited ammo because ammo is weightless... then not so much. Then it just kind of feels like some goofy video-game.

So I was happy when I heard that BGS were patching in Survival Mode. Giving ammo some weight (which wasn't possible without clunky work-arounds prior to the patch), adding the need to eat/drink/sleep, adding disease mechanics, etc. That all sounded great!

Unfortunately their implementation has a lot of problems, in my opinion; all the way up to the base design choices they made. The main problematic design choice being to conflate their new survival mechanics with "difficulty". Perhaps the designer/s behind it did see survival mechanics as intrinsically difficult/hardcore. Perhaps it was because they already had a difficulty setting in the game called "Survival", wanted to use that name, and also thought that assigning the new mechanics to a pre-existing option in the game settings was easier than having to add new options to the menu?

Whatever the case, it seems like a whole lot of Survival Mode was designed as a difficulty setting, rather than something to improve immersion. Probably the most obvious example of that is the infamous need to sleep to save your game. (Made worse by then hanging several other mechanics off this key decision.) This obviously makes no sense in terms of creating a convincing world - and is arguably actively harmful to that endeavour, in fact - since it requires a character to change their behaviour in order to affect something outside the fiction/simulation. The "I'll just take a quick one-hour nap to save my game before this difficult combat situation" problem.

So if sleep-to-save was not intended to improve immersion, what's left? It makes the game more difficult. (Or perhaps more punishing, some might say.) Other mechanics in Survival Mode were then designed to play off that sleep-to-save design element, reinforcing its importance in BGS' eyes. E.g. the Adrenaline perk, which increases the damage the player character does (via magic, I suppose) based on how many enemies they kill without sleeping.

It's far from being the sole aim of WARS and PEACE, but both mods make changes that are intended to steer FO4's Survival Mode away from difficulty for its own sake and more towards interesting mechanics that support - rather than harm - immersion.

Also, the draft readmes for both WARS and PEACE currently recommend using mods like Unlimited Survival Mode and Survival Options in order to allow the user to toggle/adjust Survival Mode's features to their own tastes. In other words, how Survival Mode should have been implemented in the first place (in my opinion): a suite of independent options divorced from BGS' concept of "difficulty settings".

(To be honest, I'd go further and say that there shouldn't have been a Survival Mode at all - not as an after-thought. FO4 should have had integral "survival" mechanics from the start.)

Mod Features (Exhaustive)

This is the exhaustive list of changes and additions made by PEACE. Very much a WIP and subject to change - so it will be updated occasionally.

***Encumbrance***

It's not enough to be strong. You also need something to carry your stuff in. PEACE overhauls encumbrance in FO4 with the aim of making both character Strength and equipment storage capacity important. Even the most muscle-bound titan will struggle to carry things when wearing nothing but a skin-tight jump-suit with no pockets. On the other hand, wearing a big metal suit festooned with pouches and pockets is little help if you're not strong enough to carry all that weight.

PEACE introduces the following changes in the hopes of making encumbrance management in FO4 more believable, fun and interesting:

- Base Carry Weight is now very low. Without a backpack or clothes with pockets, pouches, etc, you won't be able to carry much.

--- Base Carry Weight is 10 + (STR * 1) in Survival Mode.

--- Base Carry Weight is 50 + (STR * 1) outside of Survival Mode - but this is mainly just for technical reasons. PEACE is designed to be used in Survival Mode.

--- Most NPCs have a base Carry Weight of 50 regardless, to try to avoid logistical headaches related to getting them to equip things.

- Load-Bearing Equipment (LBE) - e.g. backpacks and clothes/armour with pockets/pouches - have a Carry Weight (CW) bonus that varies based on your current Strength:

--- Generally this is a base CW bonus, plus 10% of the base bonus multiplied by STR. So 10 STR will double that base bonus.

--- These bonuses are capped at 12 STR. Anything above 12 STR will not improve the CW bonus granted by a piece of LBE. (There's only so much you can jam into your pockets.)

- Examine a piece of LBE to find out its bonus CW values. (Some pieces will need to be examined at an Armor Workbench to see this info.)

- Power armour has the potential to massively increase your Carry Weight, with the right set-up:

--- CW bonuses from regular apparel don't apply when inside power armour. After all, you can't reach your pockets, pouches and backpack when they're jammed inside a power armour frame. (And you'd likely have to empty them out to fit them inside anyway.)

--- Instead, power armour torso, arm and leg pieces can have load-bearing equipment of their own strapped (or riveted, screwed, etc) to them.

--- See the Power Armour section below for more information.

- Equipping apparel will reduce its weight by 50%. If you're wearing it, it's not taking up space in your pack.

--- Taking ranks in the Strong Back perk will reduce the weight of equipped apparel even more; rather than boosting CW. (See the Perk Changes section below for more info.)

- Equipping a weapon will boost your CW by an amount roughly equal to its weight plus a full load of ammo. Again, if it's in your hands, it's not taking up space in your pack.

--- (They boost your max CW rather than reduce your current CW due to technical limitations. It amounts to the same thing, though.)

--- Along with this, weapons have more realistic weight values where possible, and their mods increase that weight by a fixed additive amount rather than the odd multiplicative method used in the base game.

--- Note that the CW boost provided by some melee weapons is not always as accurate as I'd like, in order to avoid directly editing any weapon records in PEACE.

----- This is usually fixed by attaching a weapon mod to said weapon, so if it's a melee weapon you care about enough to modify, this likely won't be an issue.

----- WARS is more accurate here, and I highly recommend using it with PEACE if possible anyway, of course.

***Strength Requirements for Armour***

Armour now has Strength requirements. You can still wear armour that you're not strong enough for, but will suffer various penalties as a result. The Strength requirement for a piece of armour can be seen in its list of current mods, usually looking something like "Medium Armor - STR REQ: 4". Examining the armour at a workbench will let you see what penalties are associated with not meeting this requirement. (Also see just below.) Armour can be modified to reduce or even negate its Strength requirement; again see below. (This means that the "Pocketed" mods may no longer always automatically be the best choice.)

The different sizes a type of armour is available in does impact its Strength requirement. E.g. Light (or "Standard") Combat Armour has a lower Strength requirement than Heavy Combat Armour.

- Penalties for not meeting the Strength requirement depend on the part of the body the armour covers:

--- Head: Reduces Perception by 2.

--- Arms: Each reduce melee damage by 15% and reload speed by 15%.

--- Legs: Each reduce movement speed by 15%.

--- Torso: Reduces Action Point regeneration rate by 3 per second.

- Armour modifications that affect Strength requirements:

--- Lighter Build: STR REQ reduced by 2.

--- Ultra-Light Build: STR REQ removed.

- List of armour sets with Strength requirements:

--- Leather (Light: 1, Medium: 2, Heavy: 3)

--- Raider (Light: 2, Medium: 3, Heavy: 4)

--- Combat (Light: 3, Medium: 4, Heavy: 5)

--- Metal (Light: 4, Medium: 5, Heavy: 6)

--- Trapper (Standard: 5, Heavy: 6)

--- Nuka-World Raider (Standard: 6, Heavy: 7)

--- Synth (Light: 6, Medium: 7, Heavy: :cool:

--- Marine (Standard: 8, Heavy: 9)

--- Robot (Light: 8, Medium: 9, Heavy: 10)

- List of outfits with Strength requirements:

--- Cage Armor: 5

--- Diver Suit: 6

--- Coastal Armor: 4

--- Gage's Armor: 6

--- Mechanist's Armor: 4

--- Minutemen General's Uniform: 4

--- Railroad Armored Coat (Mk I: 4, Mk II & Mk III: 5, Mk IV & Mk V: 6)

--- Spike Armor: 4

***These Things Take Time***

When you think about it, the Sole Survivor accomplishes a ridiculous number of things in a ridiculously short time. Cook a banquet! Craft a pharmacy's worth of drugs! Customise a whole armoury full of weapons and armour! Build a robot! Build a shanty-town! Build a factory! All in a day's work. Well, no longer.

Many actions that should logically take time to complete will now advance in-game time when you perform them. (Unless you disable these features.) Make sure your food and water situation is sorted out before you settle in to build, craft and modify a bunch of stuff!

Each action type advances time by a different amount. These action types are:

- Crafting items at a Fabrication Bench.

- Cooking food.

- Modifying weapons or armour (including power armour).

- Scrapping weapons or armour.

- Building a robot.

- Modifying a robot.

- Building a settlement object.

- Reparing a settlement object.

- Scrapping a settlement object.

To be clear, these actions advance in-game time instantly; you're not waiting around in real-time for things to happen. Your character will grow hungry, thirsty and tired as time passes though, obviously.

This is a relatively simple implementation, so (for example) every item you craft will take the same length of time, no matter how comparatively simple or complex it is. An implementation where recipes can have varying associated time costs is *much* more complicated to pull off, and beyond the scope of this mod. (For now, at least.)

With this is mind, the time cost for each action type is best thought of as an *average* time that action might take.

Crafting items and cooking food takes less time, per item, if done in a batch. For example, via the FallUI - Workbench multi-craft feature. It is also possible to "batch craft" items simply by hammering the "craft" button very quickly, due to the way the script works. This time cost reduction can be tweaked via the Batch Efficiency Multiplier sliders in the PEACE MCM menu.

Known issue: The first item in a batch craft (or both items if only two were batch-crafted) is still treated as if it was crafted individually, and does not have its time cost reduced. The remainder are handled correctly, however. I tried a *lot* of things to fix this, without luck so far. No idea why it does that.

Settlement construction actions (building, scrapping, repairing) will by default take less time the more settlers you have at your current settlement. Having a companion with you will add an extra person to help out with construction, too; unless that companion is Dogmeat. Dogs can't build.

How much settlement construction actions are sped up by settlers (plus your companion) - i.e. your "helpers" - depends on the Helper Efficiency Multiplier (defaults to 0.25). If the Helper Efficiency Multiplier is set to 0, the Sole Survivor is considered to be doing everything themselves, without help - so construction actions will always take the maximum length of time.

The formula for determining how long a settlement construction action takes is:

Time Cost = Max Time / ( 1 + ( Number of Helpers * Helper Efficiency Mult ) )

Then if the result is lower than Min Time, Min Time is used instead.

- Timescale Changes:

--- PEACE reduces the timescale from 20 in vanilla to 6 (by default).

--- A value of 6 means that in-game time passes 6 times faster than real-time (so an in-game hour takes 10 minutes in real-time), not 20 times faster.

--- Change is made via script. To avoid clashing with the intro sequence (and alternate start mods), the new value is set whenever the Pip-Boy is opened, unless you are in the Vault 111 location.

PEACE includes a Mod Configuration Menu (MCM) menu that lets you tweak various settings related to time management:

- Time cost per action type.

- Batch Efficiency Multiplier for crafting items and cooking food.

- Toggle "x minutes passed" messages.

- Settlement construction settings:

--- Helper Efficiency Multiplier.

--- Minimum time cost per action type.

--- Maximum time cost per action type.

- Timescale.

--- Note that setting timescale much lower than 6 may result in various game glitches; e.g. relating to quests and NPC behaviour.

--- Setting this to 0 will disable PEACE's timescale management, in case you have another mod managing timescale for you.

***Medical Treatment and Chems***

- Stimpaks

--- No longer heal the PC's injured limbs; only NPC's limbs.

--- Now heal using flat values, rather than by percentage of max HP. Heals 70HP by default, increased by 35HP with each rank of Medic - up to a max of 210HP.

----- (I would have preferred to stick with percentage healing, but the effect that does that is hard-coded to also heal the user's limbs.)

--- Now crafted with Antiseptic, Glass and Steel (the sterilised syringe), plus Bloodleaf x2, Hubflower x2, Mutfruit x2 and Purified Water. Requires Chemist rank 1.

----- No more injecting yourself with a mixture of antiseptic and blood of dubious origin! (Or were we supposed to believe that Stimpaks contained blood and nothing else?)

- Healing Powder has been added, behaving much as it does in Fallout: New Vegas.

--- Compared to a Stimpak, it heals less - and more slowly - but is easier to craft.

--- Temporary -2 PER when used.

--- Crafted with Steel x2 (a can to hold it in), plus Bloodleaf x2, Hubflower x2, Mutfruit x1. Requires no perks.

--- Can also be found in loot or bought from vendors.

- Hydra has been added, behaving much as it does in Fallout: New Vegas.

--- Rapidly heals injured limbs over time for 60 seconds.

--- Chance to cause Hydra addiction.

--- Crafted with Glowing Blood Pack, Glowing Fungus x3, Stimpak x3. Requires Chemist rank 2.

--- Can also be found in loot or bought from vendors.

- Medical Braces

--- Equipped like armour: one each for Head, Left Arm, Right Arm, Left Leg, Right Leg and Torso.

----- This does mean that they can't be worn at the same time as regular armour.

--- Heal the associated body part slowly: 0.1% per second, by default. (Each rank of Medic increases this by 0.1%, to a max. of 0.5% at rank 4.)

--- Medical Braces are cumbersome to wear however, with various penalties (similar to the penalties for not meeting the Strength requirement for armour):

----- Head Brace reduces Perception by 2.

----- Arm Braces each reduce melee damage by 15% and reload speed by 15%.

----- Leg Braces each reduce movement speed by 15%.

----- Torso Brace reduces Action Point regeneration rate by 3 per second.

--- Power armour sections can have Medical Braces installed in them also. (Requires rank 1 of both the Armorer and Medic perks.)

----- They heal the associated body part at the same speed as regular Medical Braces, but do not encumber that body part.

----- They do take up the Misc slot in the associated power armour section when installed, however.

--- Regular armour pieces can also have Medical Braces installed in them.

----- They behave the same as regular dedicated medical braces, including being cumbersome to wear.

----- They take up the Lining modification slot.

----- They require rank 4 of both the Armorer and Medic perks to craft.

--- You may be lucky enough to find the unique set of medical braces, scattered across the Commonwealth.

----- Like the power armour variants, these unique medical braces are not cumbersome to wear.

----- Being medical equipment, you may be able to guess where to look for them. Finding one will also hint at where to find the others.

--- Note that the head brace is based on real-world "halo" braces, but does not accurately depict how the real thing works, due to technical limitations.

----- The same goes for all the medical braces, really; can't immobilise the limb without having to redo half the animations in the game.

- Drawing Blood

--- "Empty Blood Pack, Sterile" is a new Aid item that can be crafted from 1 antiseptic, 1 plastic and 1 steel.

----- Using it drains 40HP over a short time, but returns a "Blood Pack, Safe" that restores HP for the same amount and has no disease chance.

--- The vanilla Blood Pack is now "Blood Pack, Unsafe", indicating its potential to spread disease.

- Changes to Survival Mode Chems

--- Antibiotics no longer cure all diseases; only Infection.

--- Antibiotics no longer require Stimpaks to craft, since they are less powerful than before.

--- Antibiotics can now also be crafted with Moldy Food in place of Glowing Fungus. (In addition to the regular recipe that requires Glowing Fungus.)

--- Herbal Anodyne now cures Insomnia and Weakness rather than providing resistance to it.

--- Herbal Antimicrobial is now Herbal Antiparasitic and cures Parasites rather than providing resistance to it. No longer provides resistance to Infection either.

--- Herbal Stimulant now cures Fatigue and Lethargy rather than providing resistance to it.

--- Some especially heavily caffeinated food and drinks can now also cure Fatigue and Lethargy.

- Mysterious Serum

--- Now cures all Survival Mode "diseases", along with the Vault 81 Molerat Disease.

--- Rad removal reduced to 0.2 per second for an hour, down from a gigantic 10 per second.

- Various minor changes to chem effects and crafting materials/requirements, to maintain balance and consistency across the mod/game.

***Food and Drink***

- Important note: In Survival Mode, a consumable's value in caps represents how much thirst or hunger it restores.

--- (This is unchanged in PEACE; just noting this to give context to some of the changes below.)

- Food and drink no longer provide any magical healing or fortifying effects. A bottle of water is not a healing potion.

--- Being Fed and Hydrated now provides bonuses, however - see the Survival Mode section below.

- Food that is prepared from irradiated ingredients will now typically still be irradiated - just less so. (Vanilla behaviour was for cooked food to be radiation-free.)

- Food items with a particularly high caps value (over 25, usually) had their portion sizes adjusted so that you don't need to wait until starving to eat them without wasting anything.

--- In other words, their caps value, weight and any applicable effects were reduced, but you get more of them when crafting them.

--- Note that due to a frankly staggering oversight on Bethesda's part, the crafting menu does not display the output quantity of a recipe. I've added quantity information to the item descriptions seen in the crafting menu as a makeshift fix. (Only when the quantity is more than 1, and providing I've remembered/noticed that it's required.)

- When consumed, food/drink/chems now return appropriate packaging junk items. (E.g. bottles, cans, boxes, syringes.)

--- When the sole survivor drank from a bottle in the vanilla game, where did the bottle go? Did they eat it? No more! Now you get the bottle back and can re-use it.

--- Related: Dirty and Purified Water are both stored in bottles now, rather than a carton and can respectively.

--- Junk packaging items contain appropriate scrap components.

----- The same component types and quantities are also used in crafting the associated consumables.

----- E.g. an empty syringe gives 1 glass and 1 steel, and the crafting recipe for a stimpak requires (among other things) 1 glass and 1 steel.

- Dirty Water caps value increased from 5 to 18.

--- Purified Water's value is 20, for reference. I doubt the sole survivor is drinking a mixture of 25% water and 75% mud.

--- To compensate for this increase, Dirty Water now also causes 25 Rad damage, up from 7.

--- Purifying water at a Cooking Station is now 1:1. 1 Dirty Water purifies into 1 Purified Water. (Vanilla was 3:1.)

- Portable Water Filter added.

--- Water is heavy. Supplement the water you're carrying with a portable filter that can purify water taken from unsafe sources out in the field.

--- This is a new consumable item that takes 1 Dirty Water and returns 1 Purified Water.

--- Crafted at a Fabrication Bench, requiring rank 2 of Science! (Can also be bought from vendors or found in loot.)

--- Based on a DIY water filter design made from PVC pipe (Cloth x1, Copper x2, Plastic x3), activated charcoal (Acid x1, Purified Water x1, Wood x3) and bleach drops to be added after filtration (Antiseptic x1).

--- Crafting it produces 30 charges (technically 30 filters, but try to ignore that), each weighing 0.05 lbs, for 1.5 lbs total.

- Water Purification Tablets added.

--- A lighter, more high-tech alternative to the Portable Water Filter.

--- Each tablet takes 1 Dirty Water and returns 1 Purified Water.

--- Crafted at a Fabrication Bench, requiring rank 4 of Science! (Can also be bought from vendors or found in loot.)

--- Crafting them produces 30 tablets, each weighing only 0.002 lbs, for 0.06 lbs total.

- Nuka-Cola mix changes:

--- Conservation of matter. A mix that requires (say) four different Nuka varieties now produces four bottles of that mix - as opposed to always one bottle, as in the base game.

--- This is partially to compensate for high-end Nuka varieties being massively nerfed in PEACE. They are no longer magical cure-all panaceas.

- Misc food recipe changes:

--- Most food recipes now include wood as fuel if prepared at a wood-fired cooking station. (Exceptions are recipes that are considered to not require cooking.)

----- Of course if you've got a powered cooking station at your disposal... no wood required as fuel. (Note that some food recipes still incorporate wood for other reasons, like skewers.)

--- Vanilla food recipes are inconsistent re: whether they require Dirty or Purified Water. Not being able to make an omelette because the water you have is "too clean" is ridiculous, so for the sake of consistency, such recipes now all require Purified Water.

--- Recipes that required Razorgrain as a stand-in for flour now require Processed Flour instead. (See below.)

- Ice Cold drinks can now warm up over time, reverting to their standard versions.

--- By default, this takes 4 hours. (Configurable via MCM menu.)

--- Can be kept cool (or cooled down if they've already warmed up) by placing them in a functional refrigerator. (See the Settlement Objects section.)

New food items added:

- Brahmin Milk, Raw

--- Removes some radiation when consumed, but has a moderate disease risk.

--- Automatically produced at settlements that have Brahmin, in the same fashion as fertiliser. Also found in loot and at vendors.

--- This - and the other milk variants - are unrelated to the Brahmin Milk that appears in the Creation Club "Coffee and Donuts Workshop Pack". (Which I don't own.)

- Brahmin Milk, Pasteurized

--- Milk that has been pasteurised to eliminate potentially harmful bacteria.

--- Has no disease risk, but can still spoil.

--- Can be made from Brahmin Milk, Raw at a Cooking Station. (With Science! rank 1.) Also found in loot and at vendors.

- Brahmin Milk, UHT

--- Milk that has been Ultra Heat Treated to eliminate potentially harmful bacteria and extend shelf life.

--- Will not spoil, and has no disease risk. (Unlike Brahmin Milk, Raw.)

--- Removes slightly less radiation when consumed, compared to Brahmin Milk, Raw/Pasteurized.

--- Made in the Food Assembler factory machine. (Previously called the Food Processor.) Also found in loot and at vendors.

- Crispy Cat Chunks

--- Made from Cat Meat (you monster), which previously couldn't be cooked into anything.

- Fishy Sticks (standard and preserved)

--- Old memes. Running the world.

--- Made in the Food Assembler factory machine.

- Flatbread (standard and fresh)

--- Made from Processed Flour, Oil and Purified Water.

- Ghoul Meat, Raw

--- Usually from butchering ghouls if you have the Cannibal perk (rank 2), but can be found in Super Mutant gore bags.

--- Can be used to cook Ghoulash (requires the Cannibal perk, rank 2).

- Human Meat, Raw

--- Usually from butchering humans if you have the Cannibal perk, but can be found in Super Mutant gore bags.

--- Can be used to cook Mystery Bacon/Jerky (requires the Cannibal perk, rank 1).

- Mac and Cheese, Prepared (irradiated and clean)

--- Made from Blamco Brand Mac and Cheese. (The standard variant produces the irradiated Prepared variant. The Preserved variant produces the clean Prepared variant.)

--- The regular boxed Blamco Brand Mac and Cheese can still be eaten as-is, but will make you thirsty, and won't provide as much nutrition as it would if cooked properly.

- Super Mutant Meat, Raw

--- Usually from butchering Super Mutants if you have the Cannibal perk (rank 2).

--- Can be used to cook Super Mutant Mash (requires the Cannibal perk, rank 2).

- Ghoulash and Super Mutant Mash, as mentioned above.

- Gorilla, Grilled

--- Made from Gorilla Meat, which previously couldn't be cooked into anything.

- "Preserved" variants of food items that lacked them: Cram, Pork n' Beans, "Pork" n' Beans, Potato Crisps, Yum Yum Deviled Eggs.

- Processed Food. (Intermediate ingredients from the overhauled Food Processor machine. See the Settlement Objects section for more info.)

--- Processed Eggs

--- Processed Caffeine Powder

--- Processed Cheese

--- Processed Flour (Can also be made from Razorgrain at a Cooking Station.)

--- Processed Fruit

--- Processed Meat

--- Processed Human Meat

--- Processed Seafood

--- Processed Sugar

--- Processed Vegetables

- Processed Food, Cooked

--- Processed Meat, Cooked

--- Processed Human Meat, Cooked

--- Processed Seafood, Cooked

- Tinned Fish (standard and preserved)

--- Made in the Food Assembler factory machine.

MREs ("Meal, Ready-to-Eat"):

MREs are packaged military rations. Here they are roughly based on real-world early US MREs from the 1980s. Each one contains a range of food items, and using it will unpack those items:

- MRE Main Course. One of:

--- Beef Stew

--- Cheese & Veggie Omelet

--- Pasta w/Veg in Tomato Sauce

--- Tuna with Noodles

- MRE Course - Fruit Cake

- MRE Crackers

- MRE Peanut Butter

- MRE Cocoa Beverage Powder (Use to mix with Purified Water and produce "MRE Cocoa, Prepared")

- MRE Coffee, Instant (Use to mix with Purified Water and produce "MRE Coffee, Prepared")

- Assorted Candy. One of:

--- Bubblegum

--- Gum Drops

- Water Purification Tablet x2

- Spoon, Plastic

MREs are lightweight (1.1 lb) and will not spoil. (Even after opening them, as their contents are sealed and shelf-stable.) Most MREs found out in the Wasteland will be damaged, however. You may find, upon opening a damaged MRE, that some of its contents are irradiated or destroyed.

Assuming all its contents are intact and in good condition, the contents of an MRE will provide 80 caps worth of nutrition, total.

MREs can be found in loot or at vendors (as can their individual contents), or manufactured in the Food Assembler factory machine. This requires Science! rank 3 - and the high number and range of ingredients required makes them a little inefficient to produce - but they are amongst the most efficient food items to carry, thanks to their low weight and longevity.

Institute Food Packet:

The Institute Food Packet is now the Institute's answer to the MRE. Its packaging has always mentioned that it contains "20 enriched bars", and now this is true. Using an Institute Food Packet will now unpack it, producing:

- Institute Nutrition Bar x15

- Institute Nutrition Bar, Caffeine Fortified x5

Each Nutrition Bar provies 15 caps worth of nutrition, and weighs only 0.2 lb. To compensate, the Institute Food Packet has had its value increased from a paltry 10 caps to 240 caps, and its weight increased from 0.5 to 4.1 lb.

Like MREs, Institute Food Packets can be manufactured in the Food Assembler factory machine, but on top of the staggering number of ingredients required and the Science! rank 3 requirement, it is also required that you have completed the "Mankind - Redefined" quest, to gain access to the recipe.

Food item changes:

- Some canned food items now produce two half-portions when used. (When opened, in other words.)

--- This is to account for it being inefficient to eat the whole thing if you've only just hit "Peckish".

--- Once opened, they can spoil, like other perishable food.

--- Food items affected:

----- Cram (all variants)

----- Pork n' Beans (all variants)

***Food Spoilage System***

The average person isn't able to look at an individual egg or piece of meat and determine the precise time and date that it will tick over and become "spoiled". Instead, our experience of food spoilage is more likely to be picking a piece of fruit out of a bowl, or opening a bag of cheese or bread, and discovering that "damn it, it's gone mouldy!".

It's that kind of experience that PEACE aims to recreate with its food spoilage system. (Admittedly this is partially due to technical limitations: you can't really add, track and change information on individual instances of stacking items that are in containers/inventories - but let's try to make the most of it.)

Around once a day (by default), you may bring up your Pip-Boy to discover that some of the perishable food you're carrying has gone off, being replaced by Moldy Food. This applies to perishable food stored in containers, too; you may also make this discovery when adding perishable food to a container, or removing it. (As a silver lining, in PEACE you can use Moldy Food as an ingredient when making Antibiotics.)

You can deal with this via refrigeration - PEACE adds functional refrigerators that you can build at settlements, which prevent spoilage when powered - or by processing perishable food into preserved food, most likely via the expanded Food Processor factory machines. See the Settlement Objects section for more info on those things.

- Food Spoilage System MCM options:

--- Food Spoilage Percentage. (Percentage of perishable food spoiled during spoilage event. Setting this to zero will disable food spoilage.)

--- Food Spoilage Threshold. (Minimum amount of perishable food required in one place to prompt spoilage event.)

--- Food Spoilage Timer - Regular. (Time until next possible spoilage event, after a spoilage event - in hours. Default: 24.)

--- Food Spoilage Timer - Fridge. (Time until next possible spoilage event, after using a powered fridge - in hours. Default: 18.)

--- Food Spoilage Timer - Butchery. (Time until next possible spoilage event, after butchering something - in hours. Default: 6.)

***Butchery System***

Vanilla FO4 presents wild animals as if they all have pockets, in which they keep several caps, perhaps a random junk item, and a chunk of meat or two from their own body, somehow. PEACE removes all that, replacing it with a butchery system.

By butchering an animal, you'll get MUCH more meat (and hides, bones, organs, etc) than in the vanilla game, but there are some wrinkles to the process:

- Butchering requires an equipped knife/machete/etc. (And for you to hop out of your power armour.)

--- Any weapon with the "AnimsStabWeapon" keyword will work, so if a weapon from another mod has this, it will work with the butchery system.

--- Having such a weapon equipped will enable a "BUTCHER" activation prompt on animal corpses. Equip something else if this clashes with another activation prompt that you need to use.

- Butchering will pass in-game time.

--- Animals are dividied into size tiers. (Tiny, small, medium, large and huge.) The larger the animal, the longer it will take to butcher. (By default.)

- Butchering an animal may pose a disease risk, unless you have ranks in the Animal Friend perk (or you disable this feature):

--- No ranks in Animal Friend: High disease risk.

--- Animal Friend rank 1: Moderate disease risk.

--- Animal Friend rank 2: No disease risk.

- Butchering an animal may attract a predator/scavenger that smells blood and comes to investigate.

--- Being inside reduces this chance. (By default.)

--- Each rank in the Wasteland Whisperer perk further reduces (by default) or increases this chance. (Hey, maybe you'd want to bait a predator into attacking, so you can butcher it too.)

--- The size of the predator that may show up is roughly determined by the size of the animal being butchered... but it may still be very dangerous, so beware.

- The Wasteland Survival 9 perk no longer increases the meat found on a killed animal, but instead reduces the time cost of butchering animals. (To 75% base time cost, by default.)

- Butchering humanoid animals (humans, ghouls, super mutants) requires the appropriate rank in the Cannibal perk. See the Perk Changes section for more info.

- A note on butchery product amounts:

--- You'll get much more meat (and hides, bones, etc) than in the vanilla game, but still far less than what would be realistic for animals of these sizes. (Otherwise you'd get ~500 lbs of meat for butchering a brahmin, for example.)

--- I'm trying to keep this somewhat balanced. Consider the "low" yields (in game terms it's still a LOT of meat) to be a result of the animals being malnourished, mutated, irradiated, inedibly tough, etc.

--- Remember that the encumbrance overhaul in PEACE is also going to make it difficult to carry an entire cow home on your back, so logistics will also be a consideration when butchering large animals.

- Butchery System MCM options:

--- Time Cost per animal size tier.

--- Predator spawn chance.

----- Base chance. (0-100%.)

----- Interior chance reduction. (0-100%. Subtracted from base chance when in an interior.)

----- Wasteland Whisperer Modifier. (0-100% per rank. Added/subtracted to/from base chance.)

----- Wasteland Whisperer increases spawn chance? (Toggle. OFF = Decreases spawn chance. ON = Increases spawn chance.)

----- Predator Level Modifier. (How dangerous is the predator? Modifier options: None, Easy, Medium, Hard, Boss.)

--- Wasteland Survival 9 Time Cost Multiplier. (Base time cost is multiplied by this 0-1 value if you have this perk, reducing it.)

--- Butchery Disease Risk. (Toggle. OFF or ON.)

***Sleep Ambush System***

Sure, let's take a nap in a grimy sleeping bag under this crumbling bridge in the middle of the wasteland. What could possibly go wrong?

Well, now you may experience a particularly rude awakening courtesy of a wild animal or other hostile stumbling upon you and attacking you in your sleep. When entering the sleep menu, you will (by default) receive a message-box telling you the chance that you will be ambushed when sleeping in that location. (Unless it's perfectly safe.)

The types of enemies you may be ambushed by can vary by location and whether you are inside or outside. For example, you will likely not be ambushed by large enemies like deathclaws and sentry bots unless you are outside. Enemy numbers can vary too. With default settings, you can be attacked by a small group of "normal-sized" enemies, OR by a single large enemy; not both at once.

- Sleep ambush risk can be reduced or even negated by:

--- Sleeping inside, or in a tent.

--- Sleeping in a safe location such as an established town. (Perfectly safe, by default.)

--- A settlement's Defense value.

--- Luck.

- Sleep Ambush System MCM options:

--- Ambush chance message display threshold.

----- This determines how likely an ambush must be before you are warned of the risk when entering the sleep menu.

--- Ambush Chance.

----- Base chance. (0-100%.)

----- Interior Modifier. (0-100%. Subtracted from base chance when in an interior.)

----- Luck Modifier. (0-10. Multiplied by your Luck stat, then subtracted from base chance.)

----- Safe Location Modifier. (0-100%. Subtracted from base chance if you are in a safe location such as a big town.)

----- Settlement Defense Multiplier. (0-10. If in a settlement, this value is multiplied by its Defense stat, then subtracted from base chance.)

----- Tent Tier Modifier. (0-100%. If sleeping in a tent, amount per tent quality tier that is subtracted from base chance.)

--- Ambush Enemy Values.

----- Enemy Level Modifier. (How dangerous are the enemies? Modifier options: None, Easy, Medium, Hard, Boss.)

----- Max. Normal Enemies. (1-10. Maximum number of normal-size enemies that can spawn.)

----- Max. Large Enemies. (1-10. Maximum number of large enemies that can spawn.)

***Portable Camping Items***

PEACE adds several camping-related items. They can be found at vendors or in loot, and can be crafted at the Fabrication Bench with the appropriate materials and perks. Their names all start with "Portable" to group them together in inventory menus.

These items appear in the Aid section of the Pip-Boy. Using one and exiting the Pip-Boy will deploy either the final item (for things that deploy instantly) or a deployment marker (for things that take time to deploy). Deployment markers have activation prompts to either CONFIRM the item's placement or CANCEL it, returning the item to your inventory. This ensures that you don't waste (in-game) time deploying an item if you're not satisfied with its placement.

Camping items can be packed up again using the PACK UP activation prompt. The time taken to deploy or pack up camping items can be configured in the PEACE MCM menu.

These are the camping items available:

- Portable Camp Pot

--- Takes time to deploy.

--- Works as a regular cooking station.

--- Recipes require wood as fuel.

--- Must be empty to be packed up.

- Portable Camp Pot + Atomic Hotplate

--- Deployed instantly.

--- Works as a regular cooking station.

--- Recipes do not require wood as fuel.

--- Must be empty to be packed up.

--- Requires rank 1 in both Science! and Nuclear Physicist to craft.

- Portable Sleeping Bag

--- Deployed instantly.

--- Max. sleeping time: 3 hours.

- Portable Stash - Sack

--- Deployed instantly.

--- A deployable, recoverable container.

--- Must be empty to be recovered.

--- If outside, the sack is deployed along with a couple of small flags on a stick, to make it easier to find again.

- Portable Tent, Makeshift

--- Takes time to deploy, if outside. If inside, only the included sleeping bag (and a mat) will be deployed - instantly.

--- Max. sleeping time: 5 hours.

--- Tier 1 tent. (Affects sleep ambush chance reduction, if outside.)

--- Requires Armorer rank 1 to craft.

- Portable Tent, Canvas

--- Takes time to deploy, if outside. If inside, only the included folding cot and sleeping bag will be deployed - instantly.

--- Max. sleeping time: 24 hours.

--- Tier 2 tent. (Affects sleep ambush chance reduction, if outside.)

--- Requires Armorer rank 2 to craft.

***Bottle Cap Banking - Cap ATMs***

If you're using a mod that gives bottle caps some weight, as suggested (see Recommended Mods in the Requirements and Recommendations section), being able to deposit your caps in the bank becomes quite useful. PEACE adds "Captain ATM" branded ATMs for depositing and withdrawing caps wherever you can find (or build) one. Caps in your account will also gain interest.

Rather than be weighed down by all your bottle caps, deposit them at an ATM, head out into the Wasteland, gain some interest, and then withdraw them later when you need them.

Interest is paid at a rate of 1% (by default) per day. Fractions of caps gained via interest cannot be withdrawn, but will remain in the account and continue to accrue interest.

The interest rate can be adjusted in the PEACE MCM menu, along with toggling the notification message received when gaining interest.

Cap ATMs can be found across the Wasteland (typically in population centres), and can also be built at settlements. (See the Settlement Objects section below for more info.)

Cap ATM locations:

- Andrew Station: Near the ticket office.

- Bunker Hill: In the market.

- College Square: Outside entrance to College Square Station.

- Concord: Just outside Wright's Inn.

- Diamond City: Just outside Home Plate.

- Easy City Downs: Just outside the betting office (because of course).

- Far Harbor: In The Last Plank, next to the jukebox.

- Goodneighbor: Just outside The Third Rail.

- Institute Concourse: Next to the cafeteria.

- Lexington: Just outside Super Duper Mart.

- Malden: Outside entrance to Malden Center Station.

- Natick Banks: Outside the Red Rocket.

- Nuka-World: Outside entrance to Nuka-Town Market.

- Quincy: Just outside Super Duper Mart.

- Salem: Outside Drumlin's Diner.

- Vault 81: On the left as you enter, across from the depot.

***Survival Mode***

- Being Fed and Hydrated now provides bonuses:

--- Fed: +0.05% HP restored per second.

--- Hydrated: +2% AP restored per second.

- Yellow and orange status icons are now used in addition to the red icons, to better represent the relative severity of different status effects.

- Consumables now have extra information on their item cards, where applicable:

--- Disease risk: Moderate or High.

--- Causes dehydration or increases hunger.

--- No nutritional value.

--- Causes Immunodeficiency.

- "Parched" dehydration level is now named "Mildly Thirsty" - followed by Thirsty, Mildly Dehydrated, Dehydrated and Severely Dehydrated, as in the base game.

--- The word "parched" describes something as being *extremely* dry; a pretty odd choice for the mildest level of dehydration.

- "Famished" hunger level is now named "Very Hungry" - so the progession is now Peckish, Hungry, Very Hungry, Ravenous, Starving.

--- The difference between "Famished" and "Ravenous" as descriptors was confusingly ambiguous, in my opinion.

- "Overtired" is now "Very Tired", and "Weary" is now "Extremely Tired" - so the progession is now Tired, Very Tired, Extremely Tired, Exhausted, Incapacitated.

--- Trying to make these terms less ambiguous, again.

- Misc value changes:

--- Consumables that cause dehydration now do so by half as much as in the base game.

--- Reduced duration of Suppressed Immunity from 72 to 30 minutes (real-time).

--- Cell respawn time is now the same in Survival Mode as it is outside it. (Rather than 5 times as long in non-cleared cells and 4 times in cleared cells.)

--- The tents found in Far Harbor now count as full beds in terms of how long you can sleep in them in Survival Mode. (Up from a maximum of 3 hours.)

***Power Armour***

- Power Armor Cargo Carrier added.

--- Essentially a huge metal backpack for power armour. (Or a more makeshift approximation for Raider power armour.)

--- +150 Carry Weight, -20% Movement Speed. (See below for related changes to Calibrated Shocks leg mod, however.)

--- Attaches to new "Back Attachment" slot on power armour torso pieces.

--- Ten material options available: Bare metal (no effect) plus nine paint-jobs that each give +5% Durability.

- Power Armor Storage mods added.

--- Load-bearing equipment required to be able to carry much of anything while in power armour.

--- Attach to the new "Storage" slot on power armour torso, arm and leg pieces.

--- Arm and leg storage mods: Tier 1 = +15 CW. Tier 2 = +20 CW.

--- Torso storage mods: Tier 1 = +35 CW. Tier 2 = +50 CW.

- Base Resistance and Durability changes:

--- Base Durability of power armour torso parts was doubled.

--- Arms/legs/helmets now have 75% as much Durability as their associated torso parts, rather than (typically) 25%, as in vanilla FO4.

--- Base Radiation Resistance of all power armour parts reduced to 66% of vanilla FO4 values.

--- Raider power armour now has 75% as much Radiation Resistance as other power armour variants.

- Power armour variant (T-45, T-51, etc) rarity changes:

--- Any variant you meet the level requirement for can spawn now, rather than only the current highest-tier variant for your level, as in vanilla.

----- This means that no matter how high your level, you may still come across (say) T-45s, instead of the Wasteland suddenly being filled with nothing but X-01s.

--- Level requirements for the different tiers are now more spread out, so it will take longer before the higher-tier variants begin spawning.

- Changes to existing power armour mods

--- Upgrading a power armour part (Model A, Model B, etc) now increases resistances and durability by 20% per rank, rather than by a flat value.

----- This means that higher ranked parts will see a greater improvement than they do in the base game.

----- This affects ALL applicable resistances, including Radiation Resistance.

--- Perk requirements for upgrading power armour parts were changed to make more advanced power armour more difficult to upgrade (and less advanced power armour easier to upgrade).

----- In the base game, upgrading power armour parts had the same perk requirements across the different power armour variants. (T-45, T-51, etc.)

--- Jet Pack now attaches to new "Back Attachment" slot - like the Cargo Carrier.

--- The Tesla T-60 Torso is now a regular T-60 Torso. Its back piece was separated out into a "Tesla Pack" that attaches to the new "Back Attachment" slot.

----- Tesla Pack can attach to any power armour torso type.

----- Tesla Pack gives +5% Energy Damage and +15% Energy Resistance.

--- Calibrated Shocks leg mods now increase Movement Speed by 10% each, rather than increasing Carry Weight by 50 each, as before.

--- Rad Scrubbers helmet mod now increases Rad resistance rather than removing Rads from food/drink.

----- (Was the idea that you give the helmet big robot teeth that mash up your food and regurgitate it into your mouth like you were a baby bird?)

--- Paint jobs were given loose mods if they were missing them, and given more consistent crafting components and requirements.

- Power armour paint jobs had any overtly "magical" effects swapped for more plausible effects, as follows:

- (Also note that associated crafting recipes were changed as appropriate.)

--- Abraxo Paint Job: +1 AGI -> +1 CHA

--- Atom Cat Paint: -3% Sprint Cost bonus removed. +1 CHA bonus remains.

--- BOS [Rank] Paint is now "BOS Plating + [Rank] Paint": +1 STR -> -2% Explosion Damage taken (per piece).

--- Hot Rod Flames Paint: +1 AGI -> +1 CHA

--- Hot Rod Hot Pink Paint: +1 AGI -> +1 CHA

--- Hot Rod Shark Paint: +1 AGI -> +1 CHA

--- Institute Paint is now "Institute Coating": +1 INT -> +20 Energy Resistance (per piece).

--- Military Paint is now "MIL-SPEC Plating + Paint": +1 STR -> +10% Base Durability (per piece).

--- Nuka-Cola Paint Job: +3 AGI -> +1 CHA

----- Also no longer a Legendary mod, and can be removed and added to other T-51 pieces.

--- Quantum is now "Quantum Photovoltaic Coating", and only gives its AP regen bonus while in sunlight, like the Photovoltaic Coating.

--- Railroad Paint: +1 PER -> +5% Stealth in dark areas (per piece).

--- Sugar Bombs Paint Job: +1 STR -> +1 CHA

--- Vim! Paint Job: +1 STR -> +1 CHA

--- Vim! Refresh Paint Job: +1 AGI -> +1 CHA

- Power Armor Repair Kits ("PARKs") added.

--- These are simply bundles of all the components required to repair a full suit of each respective power armour type, so there is one variant for each:

----- PARK Raider, PARK T-45, PARK T-51, PARK T-60 and PARK X-01.

--- They are Aid items; use to unpack. (This is so that the components are not automatically consumed when crafting something else.)

--- To be clear, you still need to use a Power Armor Station to repair power armour. PARKs do not repair the armour themselves.

--- PARKs can be crafted at the Fabrication Bench, or found in loot or at vendors.

- Misc Changes

--- Wearing a fully enclosed suit of power armour (two arms, two legs, torso and a helmet) now fully protects you from radiation gained from being submerged in water.

--- Wearing a power armour helmet now fully protects you from poison gas, in the same way as the Hazmat Suit.

***Armour and Clothing***

- Backpacks: A range of backpacks were added.

--- Found on NPCs, at vendors, in loot, etc.

--- All backpacks provide a Carry Weight bonus based on your Strength (see the Encumbrance section above), but many are also cumbersome, giving an Agility penalty unless you have rank 5 of Strong Back.

--- These are the backpacks added, along with a percentage value indicating the relative CW bonus they provide (100% being roughly the maximum you can expect from a backpack):

----- Satchel Bag: 50%, -1 AGI (Multiple colours available.)

----- Makeshift Sack Pack: 75%, -2 AGI

----- Makeshift Frame Pack: 100%, -3 AGI

----- Small Backpack: 50%, No penalty

----- Leather Backpack: 75%, -1 AGI

----- Canvas Backpack: 75%, No penalty

----- Hiking Rucksack: 100%, -1 AGI

----- Duffle Bag Pack: 110%, -2 AGI

--- Modifications:

----- "Regular" and "Reinforced" mods. "Reinforced" provides a bigger CW bonus.

----- Leather Insert, Steel Plate and Ballistic Plate mods that increase weight but also increase resistances.

- Cut content restoration

--- Trapper Helmet added. Part of the Trapper armour set from Far Harbor.

- Armour Sizes

--- Armour that comes in different sizes (e.g. Light, Medium, Heavy) can now be modified to change its size.

--- Armour modification recipes (such as materials) no longer have different perk requirements for the different armour sizes.

----- (It was always possible to remove these armour mods from a lighter armour piece and attach them to a heavier armour piece at will anyway.)

- Pockets and Pouches

--- Clothing items now have pockets/pouches (or can be modified to have them) as appropriate for whatever they might be.

----- This gives them STR-based Carry Weight bonuses, in other words. See the Encumbrance section above for more info.

- Armour modification changes

--- Some helmets now have access to some of the same modification options as other pieces in their armour set:

----- Lighter Build and Ultra-Light Build

----- Strengthened

----- Lead Lined

----- Medical Brace

--- "Cushioned" Fall Damage reduction reduced from 25% to 10%.

--- "Lighter Build" weight reduction reduced from 40% to 30%, and "Ultra-Light Build" from 80% to 60%.

--- "Strengthened" limb damage reduction reduced from 20% to 10%. This value (unfortunately) applies to all limbs, not just the one with the relevant armour piece equipped, so 20% was way too high.

- Mods added to some armour:

--- Combat Armor Helmet (Now has a headlamp, like the Mining Helmet)

--- Army Helmet (Combat Armor Helmet mods)

--- Minutemen General's Uniform (Combat Armor torso mods)

--- Full-body mods with similar stats to mods for Metal or Raider Armor:

----- Cage Armor

----- Diver Suit

----- Coastal Armor

----- Gage's Armor

----- Mechanist's Armor

----- Railroad Armored Coat

----- Spike Armor

- Ballistic Weave

--- All clothing can now have ballistic weave applied. This includes anything that is not purely armour - e.g. outfits that include clothes underneath armour.

--- Hats are excepted. The few hats that previously could have ballistic weave applied have been changed to no longer support it.

--- Institute Killer Weave no longer does bonus damage against Institute members and synths, but instead has drastically increased resistances. (100 DR and 150 ER, up from 20 DR and 20 ER.)

- The following outfits can now be worn underneath armour pieces (expect minor clipping in some instances):

--- Drifter Outfit

--- Casual Outfit

--- Loungewear - Laundered

--- Mechanic Jumpsuit - Green

--- Mechanic Jumpsuit - Red Rocket

--- Nuka-Girl Rocketsuit

--- Pastor's Vestments

--- Shirt and Slacks - Checkered

--- Suit - Black, Clean

--- Suit - Blue, Clean

--- Suit - Grey, Clean

--- Suit - Striped, Clean

--- Suit - Tan, Clean

--- Suit - Black, Dirty

--- Suit - Blue, Dirty

--- Suit - Grey, Dirty

--- Suit - Striped, Dirty

--- Suit - Tan, Dirty

--- T-Shirt and Slacks

--- Tuxedo

- Magical effects removed from clothing. Fallout is not the Elder Scrolls; you do not wear enchanted robes.

--- E.g. Wearing a lab coat does not make you smarter, and wearing a soldier's uniform does not make you stronger.

--- Some stat bonuses remain, however. E.g:

----- Perception: In certain circumstances. See info below on glasses and hats, for example.

----- Agility: For clothes that are easy to move around in.

----- Charisma: People *are* often treated differently based on what they're wearing.

----- Luck: Ugh fine why not.

- Glasses (as in prescription glasses) now give different bonuses/penalties depending on the wearer's base Perception:

--- PER 1-3 = +2 PER

--- PER 4-5 = +1 PER

--- PER 6+ = -2 PER

- Sunglasses now give +1 PER outdoors during the day, and -1 PER indoors or at night.

--- (Does not account for different weather conditions; too complicated for such a minor feature, especially considering the various weather mods available.)

- Hats with a brim now give +1 PER outdoors during the day.

--- Hats without a brim no longer give a Perception bonus if they did before.

- Super Mutant Armour changes:

--- Super Mutants now spawn with the versions of their armour that can be looted (and given to Strong to wear, for example).

--- Super Mutant armour DR and ER values increased to be similar to (unmodified) Heavy Metal Armor.

----- The different armour pieces now follow a logical progression, with better pieces spawning at higher levels. (Previously any piece could spawn at any time.)

--- Super Mutant torso and leg armour pieces now act as Load-Bearing Equipment, or can be modified to do so.

--- Super Mutant Chains can no longer be equipped by the player. (This was obviously a bug.)

- Various tweaks and balance changes to armour and clothing stats. Including (but not limited to):

--- Army Helmet now has the same stats and mods as the Combat Armor Helmet.

--- Spike Armor and Cage Armor now have similar stats to full sets of Raider Medium and Heavy armour, respectively.

- Misc notes:

--- Gas masks that only cover the face can now be worn with headwear that only covers the top of the head.

--- Various other changes to the slots occupied by headwear so that they can be worn in more combinations. (As long as they make sense and don't clip through each other.)

--- Nuka-Girl Rocketsuit can now have armour pieces worn over it, as mentioned above. It also had its helmet and pack split off into the new "Nuka-Girl Helmet & Pack" item. The "breathe underwater" effect was moved from the Rocketsuit to the helmet. The helmet can be worn with other clothing/armour, but not backpacks since it incorporates tanks on the back.

--- Postman Uniform no longer has an integral satchel bag, so it can be worn with other backpacks.

--- Travelling Leather Coat is now identical to the Leather Coat (including the name), as its integral backpack was split off and made into the Small Backpack.

--- Robot Armor shares some mods with Metal Armor (as in the base game); something to keep in mind if it feels like you've misplaced a loose mod for a piece of Robot Armor.

--- Hazmat Suit no longer has hidden effect that reduces Rad damage by 98%, even before rad resistance.

--- Incorporated clipping fixes from Armor Clipping Overhaul, by Sakura9.

***Legendary Armour Effects***

Legendary Armour effects that would require magic to function have been removed and replaced. (PEACE is limited to changing Legendary armour effects because Legendary weapon effects are handled by WARS.)

Changed effects:

- Acrobat's: -50% Fall Damage. -> -25% Fall Damage.

- Bolstering: Increasing bonus DR & ER with lower health. -> +10 DR, +10 ER, +10 RR.

- Cunning: +1 AGI, +1 PER. -> +1 AGI, +5% Stealth while moving.

- Rad Powered: +1 STR per 133 Rads. -> +3 AP Regen per 200 Rads.

- Sharp: +1 CHA, +1 INT. -> +1 CHA, +5% Melee Damage Reflection.

- Unyielding: +3 to all SPECIAL stats (but END) when below 25% HP. -> +20 DR, +20 ER, +20 RR.

Replaced effects:

- Assassin's: -15% Damage from humans. -> EnduroMesh: +1 END.

- Champion / Fortifying: +1 END, +1 STR. -> CardioMesh: +0.1%/s HP Regen.

- Cryogenic: 10% chance to freeze melee attackers. -> Lightweight: -20% Weight.

- Exterminator's: -15% Damage from mirelurks/bugs. -> Hidden Pocket: +2.5 Carry Weight, plus 0.25 CW per point of Strength.

- Ghoul Slayer's: -15% Damage from ghouls. -> EnduroMesh+: +2 END.

- Hunter's: -15% Damage from animals. -> Elegant: +1 AGI, +1 CHA.

- Incendiary: 30% chance to ignite melee attackers. -> Tailored: +2 AGI.

- Martyr's: Slows time briefly in combat when at low health. -> Breathable: +10 AP.

- Mutant Slayer's: -15% Damage from super mutants. -> Hydrodynamic: +15% Swim Speed.

- Troubleshooter's: -15% Damage from robots. -> Rigid: +30DR, -1 AGI.

Named armour with changed effects:

- Acadia's Shield: +1 to AGI, INT, and END -> +1 AGI, +10 DR, +10 ER, +10 RR.

- Freefall Legs: -50% Fall Damage per Freefall item. -> -35% Fall Damage per Freefall item.

- Grognak costume/Wildman Rags: Increased Strength and melee damage. -> +15% Movement Speed.

- Inquisitor's Cowl: INT bonus per 100 Rads -> +5% XP earned per 200 Rads.

- Mechanist's Armor: -15% Damage from robots -> EnduroMesh+: +2 END.

- Piezonucleic Power Armor: Radiation exposure increases Action Point refresh speed -> Radiation exposure reduces Fusion Core drain by 50%.

--- Behind the scenes in vanilla, this description was inaccurate. The actual effect was intended to reduce Fusion Core drain, but didn't actually work, I believe.

--- This effect was fixed so that it should now work, and the description was changed to match.

***Settlement Objects***

PEACE uses Settlement Menu Manager to safely add a new Workshop menu category. All the new items added by PEACE are found under this category, which is located in the main menu of the Workshop (towards the end, most likely). The new category is called "PEACE" and its icon is a peace sign.

- Cooking Stove, Powered added (in several colours):

--- Requires 3 power, but allows you to cook food without requiring wood for fuel.

--- Requires Science! rank 1 to build.

- Refrigerator, Functional added (in several colours):

--- Part of the Food Spoilage system; see above for more info.

--- These refrigerators require 2 power, but will prevent any perishable food stored in them from spoiling.

--- Drinks with Ice Cold variants can be cooled in these fridges to produce these variants. Cooling takes 2 hours, by default.

--- These fridges will only accept drinks that can be cooled, and perishable food. (So if the fridge won't accept it, you know that it won't spoil - or that it's not a drink that can be cooled.)

--- They will also only accept up to 100 items. If you've butchered several Deathclaws and want to store all that meat, you may just have to build more fridges!

--- If you try to store too many items, the excess will be returned to your inventory.

----- Note that items returned to your inventory may not be visible in the Pip-Boy until it is refreshed - e.g. by exiting and entering it again, or by taking/storing another item.

--- Requires Science! rank 1 to build.

- Food Processor overhaul:

--- The Food Processor factory machine was overhauled by PEACE and is now found under PEACE's Workshop menu category.

--- (Technically, this is a new machine, and the vanilla Food Processor was renamed; see below.)

--- The Food Processor now takes various (typically raw) food items and automatically processes them into intermediate ingredients that are output onto the belt.

----- Unsupported items will pass through the machine.

--- Supported food items (rough guide - some items have multiple products):

----- Meat -> Processed Meat

----- Human, Ghoul and Super Mutant meat -> Processed Human Meat

----- Seafood -> Processed Seafood

----- Brahmin Milk -> Processed Cheese

----- Eggs -> Processed Eggs

----- Fruit -> Processed Fruit

----- Vegetables -> Processed Vegetables

----- Razorgrain, corn, silt bean -> Processed Flour

----- Corn, fruits and berries -> Processed Sugar

----- Dirty Water -> Purified Water

----- All processed drinks produce Purified Water. They can additionally produce one or more of the following, depending on their type:

------- Alcoholic drinks -> Antiseptic

------- Caffeinated drinks -> Processed Caffeine Powder

------- Sugary drinks -> Processed Sugar

--- Requires Science! rank 2 to build.

- Food Assembler factory machine added:

--- Makes packaged, preserved food items from the intermediate ingredients produced by the Food Processor, above.

--- Functions like the vanilla Food Processor; the desired recipe can be selected via a connected terminal.

--- (Technically this is the vanilla Food Processor, renamed and moved to PEACE's Workshop menu section.)

--- Requires Science! rank 2 to build.

- Cap ATMs added:

--- Part of the Bottle Cap Banking system; see above for more info.

--- The Cap ATM is technically a terminal, and requires 1 Power to function.

----- Requires Local Leader rank 2 to build.

--- Also buildable is a Cap ATM wall sign.

- Weapon Racks added:

--- These are an alternative to the weapon display peg boards from the Contraptions DLC, and use the same script.

--- Three types to choose from; see just below.

- M12 Weapon Rack

--- Based on the venerable US Army M12 "Rack, Storage, Small Arms".

--- Modular setup; the frame is placed and then multiple mounts are snapped into it. The top of the frame is also a separate piece, to allow space for mounting larger weapons if necessary.

--- Made to fit weapons similar in size/shape to AR-15s, but accepts anything but Heavy and Unarmed weapons.

--- Two mount variants are available. Type A has a lower rifle attach position, and Type B has a higher rifle attach position. If your rifle is sticking into the ground with Type A, try Type B.

--- See the images on PEACE's Nexus page for a reference image that should help in using the M12 Weapon Rack.

- Rifle Rack

--- Similar to the M12 Weapon Rack, above, but with a simpler wooden design.

--- Modular setup; multiple "mounts" can be snapped together in a row, and optional endpieces snapped to those mounts.

--- Made to fit weapons similar in size/shape to AR-15s, but accepts anything but Heavy and Unarmed weapons.

--- Two mount variants are available. Type A has a lower rifle attach position, and Type B has a higher rifle attach position. If your rifle is sticking into the ground with Type A, try Type B.

--- See the images on PEACE's Nexus page for a reference image that should help in using the Rifle Rack.

- Pistol Rack, Standing

--- Similar to the Rifle Rack, above, but designed for pistols. Looks best sitting on a table or other raised surface.

--- Modular setup; multiple "mounts" can be snapped together in a row.

--- Made to fit pistol-sized weapons, but accepts anything but Heavy and Unarmed weapons.

--- Two mount variants are available. Type A has a rifle attach position that is closer to the front, while Type B has the rifle positioned further back.

--- See the images on PEACE's Nexus page for a reference image that should help in using the Pistol Rack.

- Posters added:

--- New posters mostly aimed at making an armoury or gun workshop feel the part.

- Modular Shelf added:

--- Based on the Vault Shelf model, this is a single free-standing shelf that can be snapped together vertically into shelves of arbitrary height, or horizontally in either direction. (Into neat rows, in other words.)

--- This was added because in Workshop mode it is near impossible to place items on shelves that have other shelves above them; the item will snap to the higher shelf.

--- The process for adding items to one of these Modular Shelves that is below another shelf is still a little finicky, unfortunately - but finicky is better than impossible. I would recommend watching this short video demonstration (

) and/or following these steps:

----- 1) Stack multiple Modular Shelves to the desired height.

----- 2) Pick up the shelf you want to add items to and move it out from under any other shelves. The other shelves will remain floating in place. (I know, I know.)

----- 3) Add items to the shelf.

----- 4) Pick the shelf up again and move it back under the other shelves, snapping it back into place.

- Ammo Box container can now be built. Very odd that you couldn't build them in the vanilla game.

--- Works well on the Modular Shelves, above.

- Water resource changes:

--- Water Pump now gives dirty water rather than purified water when drinking or filling bottles from it.

--- Water Purifiers and Water Pump (Powered) now have increased perk requirements to build, and the purifiers require more power.

--- "Purified Water Bucket" item added that snaps under purifier/powered pump outlets, allowing you to drink/collect purified water from it.

----- Does not add any extra "Water" resource to the settlement. It is purely for your character to drink/collect water from.

----- A known minor issue is that you can still drink/collect water from the bucket when the purifier is unpowered.

----- A second minor issue is that the bucket doesn't animate along with the vibrating purifier outlets. They're separate objects; it'd be a pain to do.

- Changes to existing objects:

--- Chemistry Station renamed to "Fabrication Bench" to account for it being used to craft more than just chems.

----- The two station variants now use new meshes that better represent a general crafting station, rather than one solely for chemistry.

--- Crafting stations no longer require rank 2 of the Local Leader perk to build. They instead require associated crafting perks:

----- Armor Workbench: Armorer Rank 1.

----- Cooking Station: No perk required.

----- Fabrication Bench: Rank 1 of Armorer OR Blacksmith OR Chemist OR Gun Nut OR Medic OR Science!

----- Power Armor Station: Armorer Rank 2.

----- Weapons Workbench: Rank 1 of Blacksmith OR Gun Nut OR Science!

--- Decontamination Arch now requires rank 3 of the Science! perk to build, and requires 3 power rather than 2.

--- Various Workshop items had their crafting recipes edited to make more sense.

--- Scavenging Station now produces more items per assigned settler per day. (Max. of 10, up from a max. of 2.)

***Crafting***

- New scrap component added: Paper.

--- Replaces Cloth where it makes sense. E.g. posters, burnt books, folders, newspapers, etc.

- Some crafting recipes that called for specific items rather than scrap components now require the scrap components that those items break down to instead.

--- E.g. Mentats now require acid and antiseptic in place of Abraxo Cleaner. (Because why only the generic Abraxo and not the pre-war or special variants respectively?)

--- The aim here is to avoid the frustration of needing a specific item that you know you found, but which has already been automatically broken down for something else.

--- Note that if I've missed making this kind of change to a recipe, it may be intentional - or it may be because FO4 includes *thousands* of recipes and I don't have time to audit them all.

- Oil Cans can now be crafted from water and plastic - and aluminium for the can. (Via pyrolysis, ostensibly.)

--- Made at a Fabrication Bench, requiring rank 1 of Chemist.

***New Items***

- Camping Hatchet added.

--- Can be used as a basic melee weapon, but comes with a bonus feature:

----- When equipped, adds a reusable "function" to Aid section of the Pip-Boy that allows the player character to spend time scavenging for wood.

------- Advances time by 1 hour by default. (Configurable via MCM menu.)

------- Yields 5-10 units of wood.

------- Scavenging function only requires that a Camping Hatchet is in your inventory; it does not have to be equipped all the time.

------- If the scavenging function is ever lost, equipping a Camping Hatchet again will add another one to the Pip-Boy.

--- May be carried by NPCs, bought from vendors or found in loot.

- Bone Glue and Rubber Cement added.

--- Both contain Adhesive, just like Vegetable Starch does.

--- Made at a Fabrication Bench, requiring rank 1 of Chemist.

--- Bone Glue is made from bone and leather, among other things.

--- Rubber Cement is made from acid, antiseptic and rubber.

***Item changes***

Previously weightless items given some weight:

- Bobby Pins now have a realistic weight of 0.001 lbs each. (So 1000 Bobby Pins will weigh 1 lb.)

- Name changes for various items - e.g. to reduce ambiguity and sort like items together alphabetically.

--- Empty items are now explicitly named as such. E.g. "Empty Beer Bottle" rather than the potentially misleading "Beer Bottle".

--- Documents and holotapes were given less ambiguous names if necessary. E.g. "Sally's Note" rather than just "Note".

--- Documents and holotapes that form part of a series now mention the total number of parts in their name. I.e. "Note X/Y" rather than just "Note X".

- Ammunition was given more accurate names and weight values. Most are heavier, some are lighter.

- Changes to the weight of various items - to hopefully more realistic values.

--- Items with increased weight values also had their scrap component values increased to compensate.

--- Many loose mods (e.g. for weapon mods) now have the same weight as the attached mod does. (Not *all* of them. There are so many. So many.)

--- Loose mods for Automatron robot parts changed from *all* weighing 0.5 lbs to having somewhat more believable weight values. Remember to stash your spares after working on a robot!

- Changes to the scrap component types and amounts found in some junk items, aiming for greater consistency. (Generally minor changes.)

***Levelled List Changes***

- Animals/creatures typically no longer have items like junk or caps on them.

- Herbal Remedies are now found in more kinds of medical containers.

- Moldy Food can now be (relatively rarely) found in certain food-related containers.

- Vault-Tec lunch boxes can now contain a greater range of items.

- Gunners, Raiders, Triggermen and BoS soldiers (randomly) carry appropriate items like food, drink, meds, chems, personal effects, etc.

- Eyebots from settlement eyebot pods now find more crafting resources. (Roughly 4 times as much as vanilla.)

- Proctor Teagan now sells T-60 power armour mods.

- Caps Stashes can now contain other small valuable items in addition to caps, and also always give an empty tin.

- Various changes to make more appropriate (typically a greater range of) items appear in loot, at vendors, etc.

***Object Mods***

(E.g. Armour and weapon mods.)

- Mod descriptions explicitly list what effects they have, unlike the very vague descriptions in vanilla.

--- E.g. "-20% Recoil" rather than "Exceptional recoil".

- Some loose mods were given a different appearance (e.g. paint jobs using paint cans) rather than everything using the generic "mod box" or "mod crate" models.

***Automatron Changes***

- New robot parts:

--- Robot Cargo Carriers added. These are torso armour parts with large cargo carriers attached. Large CW bonus, but with a movement speed penalty.

----- Protectron Cargo Carrier is a dedicated torso piece rather than a torso armour part. In other words, it's a "Cargotron" torso.

----- Mr Handy torso doesn't get a Cargo Carrier; it's too small.

--- Robot Storage Armor (the satchels and the cargo carriers too) receive new "Hardened" variants.

----- Hardened variants have much better defense values, but require more materials and higher perks to craft, and also have a -5% movement speed penalty.

- Carry Weight (CW) changes:

--- CW penalties removed from any armour parts that had them.

--- CW bonuses removed from armour parts that don't incorporate storage space. (E.g. satchel bags.)

--- Base CW rebalanced for each robot type (determined by "Legs" type).

----- From lowest to highest base CW: Mr Handy, Assaultron, Protectron, Robobrain, Sentry Bot.

- Various changes to robot parts, in aid of consistency and believability.

--- Perks required for crafting robot parts adjusted for consistency, where necessary. Parts with better stats now require higher perk ranks than parts with inferior stats.

--- Some effects changed where they made no sense. How does a robot wearing a "helmet" cobbled together from scrap steel plate cause its target to spontaneously explode?

--- Nukatron torso now accepts Misc, Paint, Special and Voice mods.

- Misc:

--- Automatron robots no longer pull you into dialogue every time you walk past them, asking if you want them to go with you. They will instead wait until you talk to them.

--- Automatron robot parts (standard/factory parts) can now be found on destroyed non-Automatron robots.

***Stealth Changes***

- Lighting now has more impact on NPCs detecting you. They are now more likely to spot you if you're in the light.

- NPCs now spend longer searching for you before giving up.

- NPCs are now less vocal while searching for you.

***Misc***

- Some in-game Help entries have been edited to account for changes made by PEACE. The help entry in question indicates if this is the case.

- Cell respawn times reduced to adjust for PEACE's reduced timescale setting. (And to make the Wasteland feel somewhat more alive and reactive.)

--- Cell respawn time down to 4 days from 7 days.

--- Cleared cell respawn time down to 8 days from 20 days.

- Gaining XP no longer triggers a "cha-ching!" sound.

- RAD damage from drinking from irradiated water sources was increased.

- Drinking seawater now makes you more thirsty, rather than less. Known issues:

--- Filling bottles from seawater still gives you Dirty Water, as I couldn't find a way to differentiate water types in conditions/scripts.

--- Theoretically there may be water in some places that should be considered seawater, but isn't. Hard to know without manually checking all locations that should logically be seawater.

- Legendary items are no longer found on animals/creatures.

--- At the risk of stating the obvious, it made no sense for a wild dog or bloatfly to be carrying around weapons or armour.

--- To clarify, you can still encounter Legendary animals/creatures; they just won't be carrying a Legendary item. Because they don't have pockets!

- The Pip-Boy pick-up in Vault 111 was moved to be in the hallway outside the starting cryo room.

--- PEACE places a few important items in the vault, so having the Pip-Boy before coming across them is useful.

--- (Note that picking up the Pip-Boy no longer disables the rad-roaches in the vault.)

- Power armour on Concord museum roof now has Raider pieces instead of T-45 pieces.

--- Trying to make this suit less of a ridiculous windfall in the early-game.

--- Also added a note nearby attempting to explain this change. (Since Sturges does specifically refer to it as a T-45.)

- Specialised vendors (e.g. weapons and armour vendors) will no longer buy or sell food and drink.

--- The rationale is that they're successful enough in their specialisation to not need to trade in such items.

--- (This is largely to balance against the butchery system making it easier to get massive amounts of meat that could be traded for valuable arms/armour/ammo/etc.)

- Made it more consistent which creatures can and can't open doors.

--- Opposable thumbs? Go for it! You're a cat? Nope, afraid not!

- Wearing power armour now protects against catching the Vault 81 Molerat Disease.

--- Wearing just a frame reduces the chance of catching it to 60%. Each additional piece reduces the chance by another 10%, down to 0% with a fully enclosed suit.

- Increased Super Mutants' base Strength from 6 to 12.

- Dogmeat is now less suicidally aggressive.

***Misc Fixes***

(Fixes for vanilla bugs.)

- Using a power armour workbench in Survival Mode often results in the player taking damage for being over-encumbered, as the heavy power armour pieces are added to the player's inventory.

--- Fixed by invisibly adding a 1000 Carry Weight bonus while the player is using a power armour workbench.

- Attempting to fix the Survival Mode "food bug" (difficult to test):

--- Temporary bonuses from ingestibles getting stuck and stacking over time due to an interaction with the Well Rested/Lover's Embrace perks should be fixed.

--- The HC_SustenanceEffectsTurnOffFood hidden perk no longer sets the magnitude of effects on food to zero. It still sets the duration of these effects to zero.

- Aiming to prevent Perception becoming permanently reduced as a result of using something that fortifies poison resistance while currently poisoned:

--- The FortifyResistPoison effect is no longer applied if Perception is currently reduced.

- Misc fixes for Curie.

--- Gave her more reasonable stats that better match other companions.

--- Added her companion weapon to her inventory directly to try to ensure she uses it, rather than switching to her fists all the time.

--- Added missing perks.

- Plasma Gun Flamer Barrel fix:

--- Removed VATSWeaponLongBurst keyword, which prevented subsequent shots in VATS from doing damage.

- Player can no longer catch the Vault 81 Molerat Disease if *someone else* is hit by a molerat attack.

***Perk Changes***

PEACE makes changes to a number of perks.

Any perks changed by PEACE have been given more explicit descriptions if necessary. (E.g. listing the percentage chance something will happen rather than just saying "a chance".)

Here are the perks that have been changed, along with notes on what's been changed and what remains the same:

SPECIAL Perks:

Strength:

Strong Back

- Each rank now reduces the weight of equipped armour and clothing by a cumulative 10% (on top of the default 50% reduction), up to a max of 100% at rank 5.

- Ranks 1 and 2 no longer increase Carry Weight values.

- The ability to use AP to run while over-encumbered was moved from rank 3 to rank 2.

- Rank 5 provides immunity to the "Cumbersome" penalties associated with backpacks.

- Unchanged:

--- Rank 3 allows the use of Action Points to run while over-encumbered.

--- Rank 4 allows fast travel while over-encumbered.

--- Rank 5 reduces Action Point cost of running while over-encumbered by 50%.

Endurance:

Lead Belly

- Rank 3 now gives +30 Rad Resistance vs. ingested radiation, rather than making you completely immune.

- Unchanged: Rank 1 gives +10 Rad Resistance and rank 2 gives +20 Rad Resistance vs. ingested radiation.

Chem Resistant

- Rank 2 now makes you 75% less likely to become addicted to chems, rather than being completely immune.

- Unchanged: Rank 1 still makes you 50% less likely to become addicted to chems.

Aquaboy/Aquagirl

- Radiation damage reduction while swimming reduced from 100% to 25% per rank. (So rank 2 gives a 50% reduction.)

- Water-breathing removed. Instead:

--- Rank 1 doubles the time you can hold your breath underwater.

--- Rank 2 triples the time you can hold your breath underwater.

- Unchanged: Rank 2 still makes you undetectable while underwater.

Adamantium Skeleton

- Ranks 1, 2 and 3 had their limb damage reductions reduced from 30%, 60% and 100% to 25%, 50% and 75% respectively.

Cannibal

- Now allows the butchering of human corpses (rank 1) and ghoul/super mutant corpses (rank 2) for meat. See the Butchery section above for more info.

- Ranks 1 and 2 no longer enable healing from eating human/ghoul/super mutant corpses.

- Rank 3 healing reduced from 50HP over 5 seconds to 30HP over 1 minute.

- "EAT CORPSE" prompt is replaced by a "BUTCHER" prompt if you have a knife/machete/sword/etc equipped. (Anything with the "AnimsStabWeapon" keyword.)

- Unchanged: Can still eat humanoid corpses raw off the ground with your bare hands... should you really want to.

Charisma:

Lone Wanderer

- Damage bonus, Damage reduction bonuses and carry weight bonuses removed.

- New Rank 1 description: "You move more quickly and quietly on your own. When adventuring without a companion, you move 5% faster and are 5% harder to detect."

- These bonuses increase by a cumulative 5% for each rank, up to a max of 20% at rank 4.

- Unchanged: Bonus AP with rank 4.

Animal Friend

- Rank 1 decreases disease chance when butchering corpses.

- Rank 2 negates disease chance when butchering corpses.

- Unchanged: Its vanilla animal control features weren't changed.

Local Leader

- Rank 2 no longer unlocks building crafting stations. Crafting stations are now unlocked by different perks as appropriate. See the Settlement Objects section above for more information.

- Unchanged:

--- Rank 1 unlocks settlement supply lines.

--- Rank 2 unlocks building stores.

Party Boy/Party Girl

- Rank 1 no longer makes you completely immune to becoming addicted to alcohol. Instead, each rank provides an increasing chance to avoid becoming addicted:

--- Rank 1: 25%.

--- Rank 2: 50%.

--- Rank 3: 75%.

- Unchanged: Rank 2 still doubles the effects of alcohol, and rank 3 still gives +3 Luck while under the influence.

Wasteland Whisperer

- Each rank progressively increases/decreases the chance of a predator ambush when butchering a corpse.

--- The default value is -5% per rank.

--- Can be configured via MCM to change the per-rank value and whether it's added to or subtracted from the base chance.

- Unchanged: Its vanilla creature control features weren't changed.

Intelligence:

Medic

- Stimpak healing is now increased by 35HP per rank, rather than by a percentage. (See notes on Stimpak above for why.)

- Each rank increases Medical Brace healing rate by 0.1% per second.

- Unchanged: RadAway radiation removal still increased by a percentage, and rank 4 still increases healing speed.

Agility:

Sneak

- Stealth bonuses now only apply when not wearing power armour.

- The "not triggering traps and mines" bonuses now only apply when sneaking and not wearing power armour.

- Stealth bonuses reduced/redistributed per rank:

--- Rank 1: 10%. (Down from 20%.)

--- Rank 2: 20%. (Down from 30%.)

--- Rank 3: 30%. (Down from 40%.)

--- Rank 4: 40%. (Down from 50%.)

--- Rank 5: 50%. (No bonus in vanilla.)

- "Running no longer adversely affects stealth" moved from rank 4 to rank 5.

- Rank 5 no longer makes you momentarily invisible (as if using a Stealth Boy) when entering stealth mode.

Luck:

Fortune Finder

- Chance to find extra bottle caps in containers was redistributed:

--- Rank 1: 25%. (Down from 40%.)

--- Rank 2: 50%. (Down from 70%.)

--- Rank 3: 75%. (Down from 100%.)

--- Rank 4: 100%. (No bonus in vanilla.)

- Rank 4 no longer has a chance to make enemies explode in a shower of bottle caps upon death.

- Slightly increased number of caps found via this perk.

Scrounger

- Now also increases the crops found when harvesting plants.

--- Rank 1: 50% chance for double the yield.

--- Rank 2: Crop yield is always doubled.

--- Rank 3: Crop yield is always doubled, plus a 50% chance to triple it.

--- Rank 4: Crop yield is always tripled.

- Rank 4 no longer has a 5% (+Luck) chance to somehow spontaneously manifest ammo out of thin air when you fire the last round in your weapon.

- Rank 4 now increases your chances of finding extra ammo in containers beyond what Rank 3 does.

- Unchanged: Chance of finding extra ammo in containers.

Magazine perks:

Wasteland Survival 1

- Now unlocks Cooking Station recipes that allow you to convert wild crops to their cultivated versions, and vice-versa.

- No longer gives +50% healing from fruits and vegetables.

Wasteland Survival 3

- Now gives +10 Damage Resistance if you have over 250 rads.

- No longer gives +50% healing from irradiated packaged food and drink.

Wasteland Survival 5

- Now gives +50% XP for discovering new locations.

- Unchanged: Diamond City is now permanently marked on your map.

Wasteland Survival 9

- Butchering animals now takes less time. (Default: 75% base time cost.)

- No longer increases meat found on killed animals.

An interview with me went up on Bethesda.net on 22-06-20, covering my mods generally but also touching on WARS and PEACE:

- Monthly Modder: Antistar

--- Part 1

--- Part 2

Edited by antistar

This sounds amazing. I actually was thinking of doing something similar for a major overhaul (like an overhaul conglomeration of many mods with patches to make them all work and balanced with each other)

Curious would you be thinking of working in a holster system? I'm not 100% certain on how it would work in fallout 4. Like holstered weapons effect the carry capacity but are easily accessible but weapons in your bag take like 30 seconds of being in one position, oh and holstered weapons and stimpacks/chems are able to be put on quick hot keys. It would be awesome if someone animated it.

Just curious if you were thinking of aging something like that or what people think of that idea?

Oh and would it be alright if your peace mod is released when I make my mod would I be allowed to integrate/make a patch for it to be in the overhaul?

Well someone appears to have been fully recharged by his (well deserved) vacation!

Nice to see that this portion of your overhaul is now in gear.

BTW, that weapon rack is looking mighty-mighty fine. If there is one piece of gear I would like to see escape prematurely in the wild its that one!

Finally, a proper limb system! I remember downloading a mod a while back that did something similar with a bandage system, but it was incredibly finicky and had issues with survival; I'm glad to see it come back in full force, specially alongside a massive list of much needed tweaks and overhauls. A question, will Doctor's Bags see a return? Between rare Hydras and dropping everything to see a doctor, I enjoyed DB's as an expensive but useful way to get myself back on my feet in NV. Can't wait to see what else is in store!

Thanks everyone. :)

Hi, Jexus here just want to speak on behalf of all xbox one owners. Yes we want this, please!!! But these mods seems awesome either way man!

Haha - alright, I'll keep it in mind.

This sounds amazing. I actually was thinking of doing something similar for a major overhaul (like an overhaul conglomeration of many mods with patches to make them all work and balanced with each other)

Curious would you be thinking of working in a holster system? I'm not 100% certain on how it would work in fallout 4. Like holstered weapons effect the carry capacity but are easily accessible but weapons in your bag take like 30 seconds of being in one position, oh and holstered weapons and stimpacks/chems are able to be put on quick hot keys. It would be awesome if someone animated it.

Just curious if you were thinking of aging something like that or what people think of that idea?

Oh and would it be alright if your peace mod is released when I make my mod would I be allowed to integrate/make a patch for it to be in the overhaul?

I would love an inventory system that (among other things) did something like what you describe there with holsters, and I've talked about this before in the WARS WIP thread. Unfortunately, it would require an untenable amount of work to implement, if it's even possible within the constraints of FO4. In any case it's officially Too Hard for me.

I generally don't give permission for my (larger) mods to be merged into other mods, but add-ons and compatibility patches are fine; encouraged, even.

Well someone appears to have been fully recharged by his (well deserved) vacation!

Nice to see that this portion of your overhaul is now in gear.

BTW, that weapon rack is looking mighty-mighty fine. If there is one piece of gear I would like to see escape prematurely in the wild its that one!

Thanks - I was glad I was able to get the M12 weapon rack in and working. It certainly wasn't easy, and I still wouldn't describe it as perfect. Weapons (maybe most/all items, actually) seem to have exaggerated "grab areas" in BGS's games - maybe to make it easier to pick them up when using a gamepad - so placing multiple weapons so close together, as in the weapon rack, can become finicky to deal with. "Finicky" is a good word to describe the settlement-building system generally though, so...

Anyway, I actually went back and optimised the M12 mesh just the other day, reducing it to something like a third of its previous poly-count. The rack ended up being small enough in-game that you can't really tell the difference after the optimisation, fortunately. In fact I had to bust out the console commands to zoom right in on it to make sure I'd really replaced the mesh.

Finally, a proper limb system! I remember downloading a mod a while back that did something similar with a bandage system, but it was incredibly finicky and had issues with survival; I'm glad to see it come back in full force, specially alongside a massive list of much needed tweaks and overhauls. A question, will Doctor's Bags see a return? Between rare Hydras and dropping everything to see a doctor, I enjoyed DB's as an expensive but useful way to get myself back on my feet in NV. Can't wait to see what else is in store!

I was considering Doctor's Bags, but so far I've decided against them, because unlike FNV, in FO4 you can't target certain body parts in the UI to use a Stimpak or Doctor's Bag on. For Hydra that's okay, because it heals all limbs at once by design, but it becomes a problem with Doctor's Bags, which are intended to be more readily available than Hydra but not as good - being heavier and only usable on one body part at a time. I considered a scripted approach where you select the desired body part from a menu - like in the Triage mod for FO3 - but on the user side it's a little clunky, and on my side it's a little complicated.

Instead, I went with the equippable medical braces; they're intended to take the place of Doctor's Bags. (They also solve the niggling problem of what happens to the medical tools in each Doctor's Bag. Do you just throw them all away after use?) They're also somewhat inspired by the arm and leg splints in Cataclysm DDA, which work in a similar way; they're pretty cumbersome while they're strapped on, but they'll heal your arm/leg over time.

About the tools in a Doctor's Bag; You're performing field surgery,or otherwise very invasive,emergency medical work. Those tools would not be sterile anymore,and therefore very dangerous to reuse. The last thing you want is to go septic,or pick up a flesh-eating virus,from non-sterile medical tools. So,it's safer to just discard them; You'll need far more than just whiskey and a match to sterilize them again.

Also,as an aside; I hope that WARS and PEACE won't slap around Sim Settlements too hard; Sim Settlements has a few quests attached,more so with Conqueror,and almost all of them are looking for specific items.

Yeah, something I'm planning to do in PEACE is have consumables return various junk items as appropriate when used. E.g. stimpaks return a dirty syringe, which breaks down to 1 glass, 1 steel; add in 1 antiseptic (plus the other herb/fruit items) and that's the recipe to craft a new stimpak (see above, in the second post). You'd get a tin can back from eating pork and beans, glass bottles back from drinking various things, etc. This is actually something I did in a personal tweaks/compatibility/small additions mod I made for FNV, too - and I think it worked well there.

Anyway, previously I was considering having the Doctor's Bag return a "Doctor's Bag, Dirty" junk item in a similar fashion - or perhaps it'd still be a consumable but wouldn't heal as much as a sterilised Doctor's Bag, and would give you an infection. Then there'd be a recipe that calls for it (or its components) plus antiseptic, again.

For now though I still prefer the medical braces over the Doctor's Bag due to the other issues I mentioned earlier.

I hope PEACE won't have any issues with Sim Settlements too; I'm looking forward to playing the game with Sim Settlements. It seems like it shouldn't be an issue... Is it that those quests in Sim Settlements are looking for specific chems/food/etc?