Withered Hands

Yes, you read that right. Withered hands. Both my PC and all companions have withered hands. At least, I know the females do. Considering all the males are wearing gloves covering their hands, I can't say for sure.

I'm guessing you don't really know what I mean by withered. Since taking screenshots in DAO is nothing like taking them in Skyrim, I'm just going to do my best to describe them. And if that fails...well, I'll figure it out. Somehow.

Okay, so. Withered hands. When you're not up close and personal with them, the fingers are SUPER long, the nails are black, and when you are up close and personal with them, they look the kind of fingers Flemeth should have...but doesn't. I have literally checked everywhere on the internet on these forums for anyone else having the same problem, and no one does. I am completely at a loss here.

It seems to happen whenever I use armor mods to outfit my PC in anything other than original DAO armors. Now, you'll probably say: the solution is simple! Don't use them!

Yes, good advice. Except for the fact I've been using the same armor mods practically since I started playing Origins, and it's only recently become an issue. I resort to mods because my computer for whatever reason won't handle DAO graphics settings on anything other than low, so the people look like unidentifiable blobs. Okay, not really. But you get my point.

So, if anyone has any ideas about how to fix this, or has even just seen this same thing, I would be very grateful to know it.

Absent a list of installed mods (and information on how they were installed), all I can offer is that I recall something like what you describe happening when a nude body replacer mesh and armour mesh are not compatible, and no gloves are equipped.

It would also be helpful to know whether all armour mods are affected or only some, whether clothing mods are also affected, and whether the issue affects male characters (and all races).

To screenshot in DAO, just hit the 'PrintScreen' key; the images are saved in the [user]\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Screenshots\User folder.

Edited by theskymoves