Add starting rifle and combat armor to Vault 111 armory cage

TheRealPinkoScum

Hey, I'd like to request a very small mod that adds one RU556 rifle by FX0x01 (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/22536?tab=posts) to the small armory cage in Vault 111, along with 200 rounds of ammo and a set of medium combat armor. (The cage I'm talking about is the one just before the last hallway that leads to the vault entrance. The cage next to the terminal you use to unlock the door. It has a 10mm pistol in it and the cryolator)

I think it makes sense to have a rifle like that in there and a set of combat armor. It is an armory after all.

I also like to use the mod "War for the Commonwealth," which makes survival immediately upon leaving the vault really hard when all you have is a security baton and a 10mm pistol with a couple mags. lol. I can spawn these items with the console, of course, but I hate using it like that as it's pretty immersion breaking.

Alternatively, if anyone can direct me to some easy to follow instructions for making a small mod like this, I'd appreciate it. I've never made a mod before and I have no idea how.

I did a small mod here, but without the RU556, because you need the permission of all involved authors of the rifle.
Hope that helps anyway a little bit.

Alternatively, if anyone can direct me to some easy to follow instructions for making a small mod like this

Read and watch some hours of tutorials how to install and use the Creation Kit and FO4EDIT.

• In FO4EDIT set the RU556.esp as Master.
  • Enable multiple masters for the CK.
  • Load Fallout.esm and RU556.esp into the CK. Don't set anything as active file!
  • Place all items as you like
  • Save your changes as new plugin
  • Set back the RU556.esp to a regular Plugin
  • Activate your new plugin in your modmanager
  • Done
Edited by markusm1000