vortex not loading all mods

so vortex isn't loading all of my mods into SSE. it seems like it's only the plugins. (i've gone in game to my load order to confirm, just plugins + what i've downloaded from beth mods)

i've installed, enabled, and deployed. no luck. set up my mod staging folder. not sure what else to try.

okay so turns out, the plugins were only in game because they were still enabled in nmm. i just disabled them in nmm, re-enabled them in vortex, and now no mods (except beth net mods) are in game.

vortex version 0.17.11, skyrim special edition, i've got around 80 mods

so basically, no mods are showing up in game even though they've been enabled and deployed. except: 2 mods that i downloaded from nexus directly to vortex.

so all the mods i transferred from nmm are not showing up, but any i downloaded from beth net OR directly to vortex are showing up.

If they were enabled in NMM when you added them through Vortex - vortex would see them as enabled mods that it does not control. This is bad.

If it were me, I would Purge from Vortex. This remaves any and all mod hardlinks set up by Vortex.

Then Clean - and I mean really clean - your game directory. Delete anything not part of the original game.

Then have Steam validate it. That replaces anything you deleted but should not have.

Add back any tools like SKSE64.

Now start Vortex and click Deploy Mods. That will either fix your problem or at least get you a lot closer.

(Note - don't ever start NMM after this point. You don't want it reinstalling any mods)