Switching from NMM to Vortex causes Skyrim SE CTD on Logo

nastycop34

So, I found this morning that NMM is no longer supported except community versions. I went ahead and got Vortex and imported my mods from NMM via the import button. Now I cannot launch Skyrim SE, it crashes at the Bethesda logo. In the event that I use an empty profile and launch, Skyrim SE will load to menu, but the SKSE will still crash on logo. If I have mods, both crash on logo. Verify files has not helped. I noticed that my Vortex made me shift my downloads folder as it was a sub-folder after it had already imported, that may be the issue, but I don't want to break my already shattered game. I have updated SKSE and run as admin multiple times, no good news. The only issue similar to mine died like last year with no comment on how the OP fixed it. If this is the wrong forum, I was going to sent a support ticket via Vortex, but that seems to be In-Vortex issues, not skyrim issues.

As has been posted several times in multiple places

If you have a working setup with NMM stay with it.
Importing NMM to Vortex usually goes wrong because NMM corrupts the files that Vortex needs.

The Community Version of NMM works with the new API

Also, DO NOT run Vortex as an Admin.

Having a different download folder does not in any way "break a game"

It's just a different location that your mods will download to.

Did you follow the Import Guide, for Importing from NMM to Vortex?

As has been posted several times in multiple places

If you have a working setup with NMM stay with it.

Importing NMM to Vortex usually goes wrong because NMM corrupts the files that Vortex needs.

The Community Version of NMM works with the new API

Also, DO NOT run Vortex as an Admin.

Having a different download folder does not in any way "break a game"

It's just a different location that your mods will download to.

Did you follow the Import Guide, for Importing from NMM to Vortex?

I simply used the import button that it displayed to me. I figured if importing broke my game,it would be displayed on the download page. Is there anyway to kinda undo this whole vortex thing. I doubt it.

CTD on Logo usually means "Missing Master"

Have you PURGED the mods with Vortex then Re-Deployed them?

Yes, I have purged and updated all of my mods. Thanks for the quick reply.

Crashing after the Bethesda logo can mean one of two things:

1. in 95% of all cases it will be a missing master i.e. one or several of your plugin files depend on a plugin that is not loaded. Can you show us a screenshot of your mods in Vortex?

2. it can be caused by an ENB issue. It's rare, but it's the only other thing that crashes just after the logo. Try disabling the ENB for now

Crashing after the Bethesda logo can mean one of two things:

1. in 95% of all cases it will be a missing master i.e. one or several of your plugin files depend on a plugin that is not loaded. Can you show us a screenshot of your mods in Vortex?

2. it can be caused by an ENB issue. It's rare, but it's the only other thing that crashes just after the logo. Try disabling the ENB for now

I disabled all plugins and ensured so on both vortex and NMM. When I do this, my base Skyrim SE will load, however my SKSE loader still CTD on logo. As for ENB, I never installed one. The only manual install I have done is the .dll loader by shadowman. I am going to completely wipe my skyrim except for my saves and re-download everything from scratch later today to see if that fixes the issue.

Guest deleted34304850

you dont need to do that. why would you delete everything and redownload? you may as well go full nuclear and format your hard disk and reinstall windows.

just empty your data folder and get steam to validate local files, let it download what it needs and you're done.

you dont need to do that. why would you delete everything and redownload? you may as well go full nuclear and format your hard disk and reinstall windows.

just empty your data folder and get steam to validate local files, let it download what it needs and you're done.

I will try that.

Guest deleted34304850

it will save you a lot of bandwidth and time. i do it all the time when i'm messing about with mods.