CTD soon after starting game

ZaneFHarrel

Hello all, I've recently reinstalled and remodded Fallout 4, upon starting F4SE loader I get two messages the first telling me MCM is out of date and the second telling me PRKF is out of date, I won't get the messages if they are disabled however it makes no effect otherwise. After my screen goes black with just the loading cursor for a while the game will start. Shortly after starting however the game will suddenly crash to desktop. All mods are installed with Vortex, sorted with LOOT, and those which LOOT detected problems with are cleaned with FO4edit.

My load order is attached.

That's a LOT of mods for a game with so many performance issues like Fallout 4. I've, personally, experienced tons of performance issues using Scrap everything mods. And I haven't run a bunch of the mods you're using, but just based on the names, some of them probably don't run well together.

Are you using the latest patch of Fallout 4? I've got both the latest patch for FO 4 and the latest F4SE and every now and then I get the MCM notification, I solve this problem by uninstalling MCM, deleting it from my mod launcher and redownloading it.

I have no idea what PRKF is, but it might be solved the same way as MCM.

Try disabling "game changing" mods, like massive overhauls, and launching the game. When I say "disabling", I mean uninstalling. Cause those left over loose files when I mod is only disabled can still cause problems.

Hello all, I've recently reinstalled and remodded Fallout 4, upon starting F4SE loader I get two messages the first telling me MCM is out of date and the second telling me PRKF is out of date, I won't get the messages if they are disabled however it makes no effect otherwise. After my screen goes black with just the loading cursor for a while the game will start. Shortly after starting however the game will suddenly crash to desktop. All mods are installed with Vortex, sorted with LOOT, and those which LOOT detected problems with are cleaned with FO4edit.

My load order is attached.

1st - Never " clean " a mod, unless you verified it's okay w/the Creator. Some mods, are NOT to be cleaned ... and most ( not all ) mod creators try their best to make this clear in the Description Page.

2nd - Loot is a great program, but it is not fool proof. ( I use it and a lot. )

3rd - Did you make sure:

... You have all the requirements of the mods?

... If you are missing any, the game will not load.

... I cannot tell you how many times I read the WRONG fields, between Requirements for mods that need this file and those that are NEEDED for this specific mod. :P

... Did you check to make sure you have no mods that CONFLICT?

... Occupying the same cell and/or do such a similar thing / action / cause - effect that it could conflict?

• 2 weeks later...