Sudden ILS with no mod changes

theridingwriter

I know this is an oft-revisited topic that shouldn't even be relevant anymore, but I have yet to find anything on these forums, Steam, Reddit, what-have-you that has solved my problem, so I'm taking the chance of looking like an idiot to ask myself.

First thing's first: load order - modlist -

PC specs: i7-7700k, nVidia GTX 1080, Corsair 16GB RAM, Samsung 960EVO SSD

Let me preface this by saying I've had just about everything that can happen to your modded Skyrim happen, except this. I guess it's time to pay my dues.

Okay, so TL;DR: Game ran fine for months. I have random freezes every now and then that for the life of me I couldn't fix, but nothing major. CTDs were once in a blue moon. I played just fine for most of today, in fact. Saved, got up to go eat dinner, came back, ILS. Literally changed absolutely nothing, so I'm stumped as to what's causing the issue. No new mods, no updates, no nothing.

Long version: With Nexus recently disabling the legacy API, I migrated from MO to MO2. It was a relatively painless process, as I followed GamerPoet's instructional vid to the T. I was (and am) fairly certain I got all the kinks ironed out, but as this is the only major change I've made in the last several days, it's the only thing that's coming to mind. Even so, I'm supremely skeptical it's something to do with MO2. That being said, I think I've managed to narrow down my ILS timeframe to a certain point. I have three saves that currently will load. Outside and inside of Elysium Estate, and inside Belethor's shop. Any other saves, when I attempt to load into them from the main menu, will either freeze or keep going for all eternity.

My initial "clean" save that will work is outside Elysium Estate. After figuring out this one is somehow okay, I made several more as I walked up to, entered, and finished a quest in Whiterun (the one with Thorald and Fralia Gray-Mane; I forget the name of it). None of these subsequent saves will load straight from the menu.

I can load into any of the "broken" ones from my "clean" ones just fine. If they were all from interior cells, that would make sense. But one of them is out in the world space, which puzzles me. And it's ONLY that one; no other world space saves will load. I made a save standing in the exact same place, directly afterward, and that save will not load from the main menu. Only the original, which has the same mods, in the same order, all the same version. I cannot understand it.

I have not uninstalled anything. I have not installed anything. I have not updated Windows (that I'm aware of; it's a tricky bastard sometimes). I have not updated my mods. I have not changed ENBs. My Skyrim is not installed in Program Files (x86). I have made all the necessary SKSE ini tweaks a long time ago. I found several obscure skyrim.ini tweaks that swore up and down they were the solution, to no avail. I don't have an abundance of 4k textures (if any), no orphan scripts (I checked with SGSC), no nothing.

I am aware Immersive Citizens is somewhat of a problematic mod, but I've played this far along with it with no major issues; I doubt they'd suddenly start cropping up now, with no interference on my part, and they primarily cause CTDs anyway. My load order is sorted with LOOT religiously. FNIS reports no errors. SGSC says the saves are fine. At this point, I'm truly and utterly stumped. Any suggestion would be appreciated.