Xcom long war 1.1

CreepyMaxx

I am not sure what to do here. The new patch will not load. I tried to follow the installation institutions but it keeps leading to dead ends. It is over my head I admit. Am waiting for the mouth breather install please.

Edited by CreepyMaxx

The forum is not quite dead, but is definitely on "ECU life support". We go weeks without any questions. I drop by daily just to try to ensure someone is checking at least that often, but I haven't been involved with "XCom EU or EW" for a number of years. But I'm extremely familiar with what is in the wiki.

Presumably you mean this mod? But it appears to be a "private patch" (meaning "not by the original LW team"/Pavonis) for the EW version of LW v1.0. According to the patch author it doesn't include an "installer". So you need to follow the "Basic Guide to installing mods", the "Environment" section in particular, to get the vanilla EU game installed correctly. Then install EW and test it for functionality, and then install LW 1.0 using it's installer. Those are essential "first steps". If they are not done correctly, that mod isn't going to make anything better.

Again, after testing to ensure LW is functioning correctly, only then should you attempt to apply this "patch" mod. I would recommend you backup the entire XCom folder tree before you attempt to "patch" it against the possibility of the patch breaking everything.

-Dubious-

holy moly... guess the plebs have to take a seat! To bad cause whenever I try to play longwar... 1 in 10 33% chance to hit hit's... it's unplayable and eye rolling to even try. when you miss 90% of a 36% to hit... you are not even going to try and post to some troll xcomer who does not deal with that bug.